• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk singing a Capella tune tonight?

sturt

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28622604/rockets-shopping-center-clint-capela-host-east-teams

The Houston Rockets are actively discussing several trade scenarios involving center Clint Capela, including with a host of Eastern Conference franchises, league sources tell ESPN.

The Rockets are engaged in three-way trade possibilities that might allow for them to use Capela to gather the draft assets needed to acquire an impact wing player, league sources said.

In talks around the league, the Rockets are expressing hope that they could find a deal -- or a series of deals -- that would bring them back a wing and a center for Capela by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, sources said.

The Rockets are 31-18 and fifth in the Western Conference standings.

Atlanta has been interested in acquiring a starting level center and has talked with Houston about Capela and Oklahoma City about Steven Adams, league sources said. Atlanta's talks with Detroit about center Andre Drummond lost momentum in recent weeks.

Capela, 25, is the most valuable trade asset available on the Rockets' roster, and the cost certainty and control of his contract is appealing to teams.

He's averaging 13.9 points and 13.8 rebounds a game for the Rockets. He has missed three straight games with a heel injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

The more you read looks like Schlenk might have soured on JC.  

I'm of the opinion that JC is not the number 2 option on a title team which is to say he shouldn't be considered off limits imo. I'm hoping Schlenk feels the same way, especially if JC could bring a big return that fits with Trae. 

43 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

The more you read looks like Schlenk might have soured on JC.  

I wish you were wrong but I seem to think so too to a certain extent ! But adding capela for Collins is extremely not worth it! It’s not a trade that would make sense right now if aren’t keeping Collins. 

31 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm of the opinion that JC is not the number 2 option on a title team which is to say he shouldn't be considered off limits imo. I'm hoping Schlenk feels the same way, especially if JC could bring a big return that fits with Trae. 

yeah I can’t go completely against your opinion without seeing JC paired with a good starting center first but I think it’s a shot in the foot to move him for a starter center who can’t score very well like capela

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

According to Marc Stein, the wing that HOU may be seeking is Covington (MIN)... and in turn, Minny is said to be in hot pursuit still of Russell (GSW). Could a 4-team something be in the works somehow?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JTB said:

I wish you were wrong but I seem to think so too to a certain extent ! But adding capela for Collins is extremely not worth it! It’s not a trade that would make sense right now if aren’t keeping Collins. 

yeah I can’t go completely against your opinion without seeing JC paired with a good starting center first but I think it’s a shot in the foot to move him for a starter center who can’t score very well like capela

I agree swapping JC for Capela is a bad move. I'd want Capela to pair with JC. I'm just saying I'm not opposed to trading JC altogether. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Capella is the starting-caliber center I'd like to see in Atlanta. Rebounding machine that runs the floor effectively. I just wonder how the salaries would work and who'd we have to give up. If we could get him for the Brooklyn pick + Len/Parker, I'd be for it.

Guess we have to follow that up with a smaller deal for PF. Marvin can still play defense there and sounds like he would almost be free of charge. Not saying that is the only option but it sure as heck doesn't tie us up and its not the end of the world when JC has to have a breather.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Capella is the starting-caliber center I'd like to see in Atlanta. Rebounding machine that runs the floor effectively. I just wonder how the salaries would work and who'd we have to give up. If we could get him for the Brooklyn pick + Len/Parker, I'd be for it.

That would work plus it'll save them money.

Houston is looking to re-route that BKN pick to Minny for Covington from my understanding.

• Like 4

Capella makes 14.9 mil per season.  Salaries need to be between 9.9 and 19.9 million going out from the Hawks. 

Turner or Teague or Crabbe + picks works.

Parker + Len works + picks

Hunter + a few others works.

Because of Houston's cap situation, those are the only trades that would work salary wise.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Capella makes 14.9 mil per season.  Salaries need to be between 9.9 and 19.9 million going out from the Hawks. 

Turner or Teague or Crabbe + picks works.

Parker + Len works + picks

Because of Houston's cap situation, those are the only trades that would work salary wise.

Turner or Teague don't work because of HOU cap situation. While it technically works, they wouldn't oblige 

And 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Turner or Teague don't work because of HOU cap situation. While it technically works, they wouldn't oblige 

And 

I'm speaking numbers....he asked what would work...those are the only possible packages for that salary range on 1 player we can offer.

• Like 1

I can't even front, just due to his value contract and the length of it, this is not a clear overpay like Brooklyn 1st and Parsons for Adams.

I would be perfectly fine with this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't even front, just due to his value contract and the length of it, this is not a clear overpay like Brooklyn 1st and Parsons for Adams.

I would be perfectly fine with this.

I am a fan of capella and his energy and effort on the court. He was on my list a few years ago, we weren’t ever going to get him then. Depending on what it will take, I am very excited about this addition. Still in his early prime too!