• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Hawks Trade rumors

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

Spud, if my math is correct, HOU would have to put out 24m in order to receive a 32m contract.

The third-team alternative would have Hayward going to that third team, and the Rockets getting someone from the third team whose salary is within +$5m of Capela's.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

But for Houston alone, they can't take on 32M and only ship out 14M.  They still have to match salaries (with the usual wiggle room around how to do that).  A third team doesn't change the minimum amount of salary that Houston would have to ship out to take on $32M more.  Where a third team makes it easier is by allowing a team over the cap to shed salary - not add more.

Oh good point that’s right my bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Spud, if my math is correct, HOU would have to put out 24m in order to receive a 32m contract.

The third-team alternative would have Hayward going to that third team, and the Rockets getting someone from the third team whose salary is within +$5m of Capela's.

Ya my mistake. Ya Celts can’t do that they don’t have anyone that makes enough salary. I had a brain fart there thinking the 3rd team could provide the missing salary and get assets in return for their trouble. Ya that doesn’t work.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya my mistake. Ya Celts can’t do that they don’t have anyone that makes enough salary. I had a brain fart there thinking the 3rd team could provide the missing salary and get assets in return for their trouble. Ya that doesn’t work.

I think Nene is making $10 million so Houston would have to find a team to take his salary.  But IIRC his deal is kinda screwy (Houston tried to circumvent the cap)  so it can only count $2.5 mil against the cap. So Houston doesn't have the salary to send out.

• Thanks 4

This is one that I mentioned a couple months ago on the trade section.

The Hawks would prefer a cheaper alternative—such as Capela, or Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson, according to sources—and invest any savings in another ball handler who complements Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is one that I mentioned a couple months ago on the trade section.

The Hawks would prefer a cheaper alternative—such as Capela, or Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson, according to sources—and invest any savings in another ball handler who complements Young.

I wonder what the asking price is for Tristian? He could be one of those out of no where trades Schlenk makes. Everyone is focused on Adams and Capela, Travis says bump y'all, welcome to the Hawks Mr. Tristian Thompson!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder what the asking price is for Tristian? He could be one of those out of no where trades Schlenk makes. Everyone is focused on Adams and Capela, Travis says bump y'all, welcome to the Hawks Mr. Tristian Thompson!

It would probably cost a salary filler plus a second round pick, but Cavs might be asking for slightly more even though Tristan will be a FA this summer.

I like the fit.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do too. Tristian is a bruiser and he has his teammates back.

Basically Drummn'd but at like a third the cost plus has actually won ... well, he's seen winning from beside those actually contributing to wins so ... that counts.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He's an expiring, so I wouldn't offer much. Would probably take a high 2nd or 2 lower 2nds. Unfortunately Hawks don't have their 2020 or 2021 2nds. 

• Sad 4

Spurs are working on trading DeMarre Carroll. Could he be the Rockets Plan B wing? If so, can we still help them out cap wise and take Capela off their hands?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/02/03/report-spurs-working-with-demarre-carroll-on-trade/

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

We need to run a poll.

Who squawk likes better.

A. Adams

B. Capela

C. Drummond

D. Stand pat (minor deal maybe)

I know it depends on the assets we give up but in the end if we get each on a good trade, who is the best fit here. I usually have a pretty decisive opinion but a bit torn here myself.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We need to run a poll.

Who squawk likes better.

A. Adams

B. Capela

C. Drummond

D. Stand pat (minor deal maybe)

I know it depends on the assets we give up but in the end if we get each on a good trade, who is the best fit here. I usually have a pretty decisive opinion but a bit torn here myself.

"B"

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sturt said:

30.1 million 

24 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

"B"

Agree, its B. Capela's fit, contract, and production is the most attractive trade. A with Adams is 2nd because even though the contract is more of a hit, it is only for one season. I have been put off on Drummond's contract expectations and prefer chasing Montrezl Harrell or Tristan Thompson in free agency instead.

• Like 1