• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Capela didn’t have time to permanently relocate after the trade, so he lived in a hotel until the NBA indefinitely suspended the season. He’s back in Houston now awaiting what happens with the rest of the regular season. He also didn’t have any sort of prior relationship with any of the players on the Hawks’ roster, which made the move a bit more difficult, but he said it’s not much of a challenge to incorporate because they all share a love for basketball. He did say he specifically bonded with rookie center Bruno Fernando right away because he’s from Angola and Capela’s parents are both from Africa with his mom being from the Congo and his father from Angola;

It’s hard to fully gauge where he is with his progress because there’s no in-person evaluation from Chelsea Lane and the Hawks during this time, but Capela says he’s progressing.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” Capela said. “I’m going to keep doing what the medical staff is saying. I think they’ve been doing a pretty good job. I feel pretty good, honestly. I’m not 100 percent yet. It’s getting better, so I’m optimistic about it.”

Capela’s decision to play through pain is why he’s still dealing with this process that started in late December. Capela didn’t properly rest the foot to allow it to fully heal when he originally felt discomfort. He said last month that he dealt with the pain and learned to play through it

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

It takes time to heal.  Sometimes, a lot of time.  Both Skal and Clint have now had that time.  Also, all those Hawks who had those small, nagging injuries should be 100% whole.

Still at least 5 months before we see them playing?  Hang on to your nerves Gray Mule.  This too shall pass!

:play_truck:

Skal is a free agent, so I wonder what happens with him. Didn't really get a look-sy on him with injury, pandemic, etc.

• Thanks 1

Me: "How ya feelin'?"

Ahh Capela: "Fine....."

Me: "Hmmm, not 'good'?"

Ahh Capela: "Meh 😏"

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Skal is a free agent, so I wonder what happens with him. Didn't really get a look-sy on him with injury, pandemic, etc.

Our GM waited a long time for him.  I believe he stays with the Hawks.  Just my opinion...

:hi:

• Like 2