• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

14 hours ago, KB21 said:

I roll my eyes when patient’s say they are a 7 on the pain scale.  

If he’s still hurting, they need to do a MRI to make sure he doesn’t have a stress fracture.  

Also, if he’s still hurting, then this needs to be casted.  

Great bedside manner. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

That's what i was thinking.  So it's really more of a gauge of how tolerant they are to pain than a measure of their actual pain level?

Personally, I think the pain scale is stupid.  Either way, I have a strict policy on opioid prescribing.  If you don’t have a fracture, severe nerve pain with neurological signs, or cancer, you aren’t getting any opioids from me.  Of course, I do urgent care, so my job is to see if I can give you enough relief to get to your primary care doctor.  

From personal experience, I’ve had a root canal and thyroid surgery in the past 3 years, and I did not take a single pain pill with either one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If you don’t have a fracture, severe nerve pain with neurological signs, or cancer, you aren’t getting any opioids from me.

Well that's good to know.  I'm going to quit being so nice to you now.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

When he was still with Houston, a playoff-bound team that’s No. 4 in the Western Conference standings, Capela was occasionally playing through his injury and would experience soreness, particularly in the second half of games. 

Now, as eager as he is to make his debut, both the Hawks and Capela are taking a cautious approach.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/clint-capela-eager-make-hawks-debut-but-staying-patient-while-rehabbing-from-injury/B8VjnKiUqY9p6uyJWZDIXJ/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

21 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Just as I expected.  We traded for an injured player who hopes to heal.  So apparently he has been hurting for awhile.   This is more than a bruise if he is hurting that bad.  Causes me concern but apparently not Travis so we will wait and see.  If he is still a 7 on the pain monitor that is not good.  

Im a chronic pain patient,  and my pain level is usually a 3 to 4 on bad days (with my pain meds of course). If he's a 7, his heel is finished. lol. THats damn near bed ridden.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

From personal experience, I’ve had a root canal and thyroid surgery in the past 3 years, and I did not take a single pain pill with either one.

So you're masochist. That explains so much. 

Edited by High5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

Personally, I think the pain scale is stupid.  Either way, I have a strict policy on opioid prescribing.  If you don’t have a fracture, severe nerve pain with neurological signs, or cancer, you aren’t getting any opioids from me.  Of course, I do urgent care, so my job is to see if I can give you enough relief to get to your primary care doctor.  

Root canal is a joke.. YOu call that pain? And youre a doctor. lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The worst pain I’ve felt is watching this Hawks team over the past 2.5 years.  

If we're in the PLayoffs next season, and competing from then on , it will be all worth it...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe with this extended break Capela will be able to suit up for us this season

Imagine coming back from this thing with a 100% healthy lineup.

Imagine being able to trot Capela, Skal and Bembry back out there with our reserves. 

That would be an awesome sight

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

• Moderators
On 3/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, bleachkit said:

It's possible they underestimated the severity. Tall guys with feet issues is never good.

My first reaction when I saw he had planter fasciitis is that we got sold a bill of goods, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. I agree, big guys with feet, ankle, or knee injuries is never a good sign for longevity.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

My first reaction when I saw he had planter fasciitis is that we got sold a bill of goods, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. I agree, big guys with feet, ankle, or knee injuries is never a good sign for longevity.

That is the scary, downside scenario.  With big men it can be pretty hard to tell.  I thought Zydrunas Ilgauskas' career was basically over when he played 5, 0 and 24 games over 3 seasons.  Then he averaged roughly 75 games per for the rest of his career, including 5 consecutive seasons of starting 78+ games.  Will have to wait and see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

"Plantar fascitis usually resolves in 6 to 18 months WITHOUT TREATMENT..People with plantar fascitis will recover  97% of the time"..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1