• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter

mrhonline

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all, it hasn't worked at all.  Secondly, the only time it works is when Trae is making ill-advised shots and the team in general shoots 40% or better from 3.  That is not a stable plan unless you are the Houston Rockets and even they are just a 6 seed with no chance at beating the NBA's top teams in the playoffs.  So Pierce has to work with less talented player to develop their skills instead of just throwing a line up out there expecting the players to put it together and figure it out themselves.

It was by far our most used lineup and it was a net positive. You can stay in the past if you want, but in 2020 teams often play small ball (championship teams even have famous nicknames for those lineups) and posters follow through on their bets. You should join us. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all, it hasn't worked at all.  Secondly, the only time it works is when Trae is making ill-advised shots and the team in general shoots 40% or better from 3.  That is not a stable plan unless you are the Houston Rockets and even they are just a 6 seed with no chance at beating the NBA's top teams in the playoffs.  So Pierce has to work with less talented player to develop their skills instead of just throwing a line up out there expecting the players to put it together and figure it out themselves.

No one pays attention to 40% from threes in our wins. We just need to sign 4 more players like Bertans and Harris; and then lead the league in three point shooting. After that all will be right with LP's, everyone shoots threes, offensive system and our team.

Easy right.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, High5 said:

It was by far our most used lineup and it was a net positive. You can stay in the past if you want, but in 2020 teams often play small ball (championship teams even have famous nicknames for those lineups) and posters follow through on their bets. You should join us. 

Because he didn't develop the other players.  Plus his team concept absolutely destroyed any usefulness that the other players had and prevented those players from contributing to the team in general.  In other words, Pierce methods only help a few players succeed but killed others players potential to contribute because they didn't have the prerequisite talent to function in his 1 denominational scheme and ideology.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

No one pays attention to 40% from threes in our wins. We just need to sign 4 more players like Bertans and Harris; and then lead the league in three point shooting. After that all will be right with LP's, everyone shoots threes, offensive system and our team.

Easy right.

You don't think our young players will improve at all? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Easy right.

Well the Rockets have the players to play that style and still can't get it done. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

Are you serious?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Because he didn't develop the other players. plus his team concept absolutely destroyed any usefulness that the other players had and prevented those players from contributing to the team in general.  In other words, Pierce methods only help a few player succeed but killed others players potential to contribute because they didn't have the prerequisite talent to function in his 1 denominational scheme and ideology.

So the same players you cried about Schlenk acquiring are now the players you're crying about not getting a fair chance to realize their immense potential? Some of you will really say anything to criticize LP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Of course I do. But I don't think we will ever have a team that is 9 or 10 deep with shooters. That is not going to happen and therefore LP's system is never going to work out.

You cannot be a top five team in three point shooting if you allow everyone to shoot threes.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, High5 said:

So the same players you cried about Schlenk acquiring are now the players you're crying about not getting a fair chance to realize their immense potential? Some of you will really say anything to criticize LP. 

Some of these players already had a skill that was not being utilized while being asked to do thing that they were incapable of doing.  A few players immediately come to mind in Len, Bembry, Bruno, Carter and Turner.  But sound like you like him and there is no way I can change your mind.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, High5 said:

This will never get old :laugh:.  The casual slip ins makes it even funnier.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Of course I do. But I don't think we will ever have a team that is 9 or 10 deep with shooters. That is not going to happen and therefore LP's system is never going to work out.

You cannot be a top five team in three point shooting if you allow everyone to shoot threes.

If Dedmon got back to shooting like he did last season then we'd be 7 deep with above average shooters right now. But my point is that 40% shooting won't be as necessary as the team improves in other areas. Of course the team should become more consistent shooting the ball as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of these players already had a skill that was not being utilized while being asked to do thing that they were incapable of doing.  A few players immediately come to mind in Len, Bembry, Bruno, Carter and Turner.  But sound like you like him and there is no way I can change your mind.

They were never 9 or 10 deep in three point shooters but Pierce had them playing like they were all season long. Once every 3rd or 4th game lightning would strike and we would win a close one.

Spacing the floor not so Len or Bruno could post up and Bembry or Turner could drive to the hoop; but space it so they could take a three. More of the same next season and Pierce is out. No doubt in my mind about that.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But you can change your avatar. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

If Dedmon got back to shooting like he did last season then we'd be 7 deep with above average shooters right now. But my point is that 40% shooting won't be as necessary as the team improves in other areas. Of course the team should become more consistent shooting the ball as well. 

I don't care if Dedmon can shoot a three or not. I care more about Capela and Dedmon being in the post so we don't get crushed on the boards every night.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone can't argue a point anymore

I already made my point and you keep talking nonsense out of both sides of your mouth. I could spend part of my afternoon compiling your greatest hits to expose the hilarious hypocrisy in your previous post but I value my time a little more than that even during a pandemic. And I know you would ignore it anyway. 

41 minutes ago, hazer said:

...a more capable bench of vet PG, Red, lottery pick, Ded, Bruno, FA, and Skal...

Vet PG: Teague (shooting more 3s!) Defensive dawg Kris Dunn?

Lottery Pick: Toppin? Ball? The Isreali kid? 

FA: Harris!

26 minutes ago, High5 said:

Ded returning to his 3-ball form, Cam/Dre/Red continuing to raise their 3-ball %, respectable 3-shooting Teague shooting MORE 3s, and acquiring Joe Harris will do the trick 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

Ded returning to his 3-ball form, Cam/Dre/Red continuing to raise their 3-ball %, respectable 3-shooting Teague shooting MORE 3s, and acquiring Joe Harris will do the trick 👏

More effective drives will lead to higher 3pt% - granted they are infrequent but if Heurter and Dre got better at finishing it would open up the perimeter a little more for Trae and Cam as well. 

• Like 3