• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter

mrhonline

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I'm a big Hunter fan myself.  He will be a good player imo.  

Even if he never sniffs 20 points a game, I can see him easily being a 15 and 5 two way player. Carroll, Prince, Bazemore etc never did that, so in a weak class getting him and Reddish was a huge win.

This class is even weaker, having those two birds in the hand is a good thing to have going on right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Even if he never sniffs 20 points a game, I can see him easily being a 15 and 5 two way player. Carroll, Prince, Bazemore etc never did that, so in a weak class getting him and Reddish was a huge win.

This class is even weaker, having those two birds in the hand is a good thing to have going on right now.

18-23 at his peak.  He will be too good of a shooter to average only 15 ppg in his prime

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

18-23 at his peak.  He will be too good of a shooter to average only 15 ppg in his prime

I do hope for 16 - 18 to go along with his defense. Him, Reddish, Capela, and a improving Collins should be a solid defensive support group for Trae. I like our core a lot and that includes Huerter and who ever we draft this season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Disagree Hunter is much better than any of those guys.  

9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Disagree Hunter is much better than any of those guys.  

Well since I said they never did what I predict as the minimum for Hunter, that is what I am saying. Hunter is better even if he only gets to his floor. If he gets to his ceiling he has a chance to be a All Star.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is still a number of things to unlock with Hunter. He can be must more consistent and impactful which is what I am expecting in the several seasons for him to add to his game. He really shows flashes of a versatile offensive game. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't think the comparison to prime Demarre is unfair.  Hunter is better as a rookie for sure and will likely have a much better career.  I'm hoping for big things but he could also be a top 3&D guy which is good too.  Just not Pippen or Kawhi.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think the comparison to prime Demarre is unfair.  Hunter is better as a rookie for sure and will likely have a much better career.  I'm hoping for big things but he could also be a top 3&D guy which is good too.  Just not Pippen or Kawhi.  

Defensively I agree they may end up close; but I think Hunter is going to be a much more useful scoring option.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Defensively I agree they may end up close; but I think Hunter is going to be a much more useful scoring option.

that's what i hope too.  It looks like he will be but you never know.  He was certainly tentative driving.

• Like 1

• Moderators

My expectation for Hunter's career is that he isn't close to the player that Pippen was but that at his peak he is better than DMC's peak on both sides of the ball.  I wouldn't currently project him as ever making an All-Star team unless there is a team driven circumstance like what got Korver a nod.

On DMC, I'd just like to note that he didn't come out of no-where or have a single great season.  He got better over the years but he was super consistent in the time he was given.  A big part of him blossoming was just the additional minutes.

This is remarkable consistency on a per minute (here per 36) basis:

image.png

You'll notice the main thing that changes is the shooting %.  Everything else - total scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, blocks, etc. - is all remarkably consistent.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

How do you mean?  Serious question.  Just that he'll have a long, largely uneventful career?

He is #4 in career WS, #9 in VORP and #17 in BPM in his class.  Hunter is well below all those marks as of his rookie season.

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is #4 in career WS, #9 in VORP and #17 in BPM in his class.  Hunter is well below all those marks as of his rookie season.

Are you disputing that his career has been uneventful?

ETA: To further illustrate my point, Marvo is #1 in BLIP in his class.  As in, nobody gives a BLIP about Marvin?

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

ETA: To further illustrate my point, Marvo is #1 in BLIP in his class.  As in, nobody gives a BLIP about Marvin?

Best at the BLIP. Lol. Let's hold off on VORP and stuff like that. Bebe was leading his class at VORP for four years till Giannis finally caught up and past him. Bebe

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just framing up a bit where he falls in his draft class.  You asked what it meant to be Marvin-like.  That gives some context.  For example, he has had a much better career than everyone taken at overall picks 5-9 in his class.  We all bag on Marvin and there is good reason for it but that is more about expectations than his career.  If he had been drafted #23 in his class, everyone would view him as a strong value pick.  

• Like 4