• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter

mrhonline

3 hours ago, AHF said:

If you are asking if I will trade LP for Pops, etc. then the answer is "yes please."  

Teams trade all types of players, even superstars. They almost never trade coaches.

But sometimes a coach will "walk away" because the grass is greener.  The crazy, even, shall we say stupid part is, the coach is still on our payroll.  Bud left.  His salary went with him.  As long as he draws pay from Atlanta he should be required to stay here and work.  He could sell peanuts to the fans if nothing else.

When a coach leaves and goes to another team, that team should be required to take his contract and pay his salary.  If a coach is fired and has money coming to him, he should get his money until some team hires him.  Then, they pick up the coach AND the contract.

:smug:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ded returning to his 3-ball form, Cam/Dre/Red continuing to raise their 3-ball %, respectable 3-shooting Teague shooting MORE 3s, and acquiring Joe Harris will do the trick 👏

39 minutes ago, turnermx said:

More effective drives will lead to higher 3pt% - granted they are infrequent but if Heurter and Dre got better at finishing it would open up the perimeter a little more for Trae and Cam as well. 

Let's not forget J-Bap's 40% from 3 on nearly 4 shots a game 💫

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Don't get me wrong, talent is very important to winning in the NBA but coaching is a close second cause outside of Jordan and Pippen and Pippen wasn't a complete player himself, what did the Bulls have? They even made it to the conference finals without Jordan in 95.  So to me, wasting time with a coach that is obviously below average while you should be searching for that exceptional coach makes no sense to me.

First of all.  Wow.  You are super underrating Pippen.  He wasn't a complete player?  That is crazy.   Few players in NBA history were more complete than him.  Elite defender.  Stud rebounder at the SF position.  Outstanding passer.  Averaged over 20 ppg over 7 years of his prime.  He wasn't a guy who was going to lead the league in scoring but other than that?  What else do you possibly want from him?!?

The Bulls also had supporting players who were good enough to make All-Star appearances in their careers like Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, and Charles Oakley. 

They also had a host of other supporting players ranging from near All-Stars to more limited but effective role players:  Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Bill Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Luc Longley, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

But sometimes a coach will "walk away" because the grass is greener.  The crazy, even, shall we say stupid part is, the coach is still on our payroll.  Bud left.  His salary went with him.  As long as he draws pay from Atlanta he should be required to stay here and work.  He could sell peanuts to the fans if nothing else.

When a coach leaves and goes to another team, that team should be required to take his contract and pay his salary.  If a coach is fired and has money coming to him, he should get his money until some team hires him.  Then, they pick up the coach AND the contract.

:smug:

You may remember me complaining loudly about this.  Ressler clearly valued positive PR at that point in time more than the money.  I can't explain why we paid him to coach the Bucks without him agreeing to a reduced buyout.  

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

First of all.  Wow.  You are super underrating Pippen.  He wasn't a complete player?  That is crazy.   Few players in NBA history were more complete than him.  Elite defender.  Stud rebounder at the SF position.  Outstanding passer.  Averaged over 20 ppg over 7 years of his prime.  He wasn't a guy who was going to lead the league in scoring but other than that?  What else do you possibly want from him?!?

The Bulls also had supporting players who were good enough to make All-Star appearances in their careers like Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, and Charles Oakley. 

They also had a host of other supporting players ranging from near All-Stars to more limited but effective role players:  Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Bill Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Luc Longley, etc.

The point is that many players on that all star list were very limited and would not win under Pierce.  Can you imagine Rodman and Oakley playing for LP?  LOL!

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The point is that many players on that all star list were very limited and would not win under Pierce.  Can you imagine Rodman and Oakley playing for LP?  LOL!

Jordan's Bulls would have won under me let alone LP.  My lack of expertise would almost surely have lowered their ceiling but you could take a group like that and roll them out without a coach and they would trounce the 2019-20 Hawks if they were coached by some mutant ultra combination of Red, Pops, Riley and Phil all rolled into one. 

Talent is more important than coaching.  Coaching is important but secondary to the roster.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Jordan's Bulls would have won under me let alone LP.  My lack of expertise would almost surely have lowered their ceiling but you could take a group like that and roll them out without a coach and they would trounce the 2019-20 Hawks if they were coached by some mutant ultra combination of Red, Pops, Riley and Phil all rolled into one. 

Talent is more important than coaching.  Coaching is important but secondary to the roster.

Jordan didn't win jack without Phil Jackson.  Even though he had been in the league 6 years prior to Jackson getting there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

You may remember me complaining loudly about this.  Ressler clearly valued positive PR at that point in time more than the money.  I can't explain why we paid him to coach the Bucks without him agreeing to a reduced buyout.  

well i'm afraid to even start but he did agree to a reduced buyout.  we paid him the difference between his bucks salary and hawks salary.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Not sure what point you think you are making here. 

If your point is Phil Jackson is more important than Michael Jordan to those rings then...

tenor.gif

Jackson does have more rings 11 vs 6 and 5 of them were without Jordan

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

well i'm afraid to even start but he did agree to a reduced buyout.  we paid him the difference between his bucks salary and hawks salary.  

First time I've heard this.  Would be interested to read the source on this.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Jackson does have more rings 11 vs 6 and 5 of them were without Jordan

You hitch yourself to the notion that it was Phil who did it and not the MVP level talent.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

First time I've heard this.  Would be interested to read the source on this.

You hitch yourself to the notion that it was Phil who did it and not the MVP level talent.

Remember those rings he won in NY when he didn't have Kobe / Shaq/ MJ?

How many rings did Kobe win without Jackson...He had a long career?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How many rings did Kobe win without Jackson...He had a long career?

Look at Larry Brown as an example.

He won a title with the Pistons.  The season after he left how far did they fall?  Oh, they won 10 more games than they won with him previously.

How did he do after that with  overmatched rosters?

111-163 with NY and Charlotte.  Is it because he forgot to coach?

Kobe won 61 games before Phil arrived.  Phil never coached without multiple HOFers on his teams.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

In fact, Jackson left after the 03-4 season.  That team went to the finals.  The very next year the team was coached by someone else and they won 34 games.  Jackson came back the following year and they were in the playoffs again

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kobe had a winning record without Phil.  Phil never coached without multiple HOFers on his teams.  

SF 6-8 215 June 30, 1985 us 4 UCLA
12 Shannon Brown SG 6-4 205 November 29, 1985 us 2 Michigan State
24 Kobe Bryant SG 6-6 212 August 23, 1978 us 12  
17 Andrew Bynum C 7-0 285 October 27, 1987 us 3  
5 Jordan Farmar PG 6-2 180 November 30, 1986 us 2 UCLA
2 Derek Fisher PG 6-1 200 August 9, 1974 us 12 Little Rock
16 Pau Gasol C 7-0 250 July 6, 1980 es 7  
28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C 7-0 245 December 30, 1980 cd 4  
31 Chris Mihm C 7-0 265 July 16, 1979 us 7 Texas
6 Adam Morrison SF 6-8 205 July 19, 1984 us 1 Gonzaga
7 Lamar Odom PF 6-10 220 November 6, 1979 us 9 Rhode Island
21 Josh Powell PF 6-9 225 January 25, 1983 us 3 NC State
10 Vladimir Radmanović SF 6-10 227 November 19, 1980 ba 7  
18 Sasha Vujačić SG 6-7 195 March 8, 1984 si 4  
4 Luke Walton SF 6-8 235 March 28, 1980 us 5 Arizona

Sun Yue

Is this a superstar laden roster?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:
SF 6-8 215 June 30, 1985 us 4 UCLA
12 Shannon Brown SG 6-4 205 November 29, 1985 us 2 Michigan State
24 Kobe Bryant SG 6-6 212 August 23, 1978 us 12  
17 Andrew Bynum C 7-0 285 October 27, 1987 us 3  
5 Jordan Farmar PG 6-2 180 November 30, 1986 us 2 UCLA
2 Derek Fisher PG 6-1 200 August 9, 1974 us 12 Little Rock
16 Pau Gasol C 7-0 250 July 6, 1980 es 7  
28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C 7-0 245 December 30, 1980 cd 4  
31 Chris Mihm C 7-0 265 July 16, 1979 us 7 Texas
6 Adam Morrison SF 6-8 205 July 19, 1984 us 1 Gonzaga
7 Lamar Odom PF 6-10 220 November 6, 1979 us 9 Rhode Island
21 Josh Powell PF 6-9 225 January 25, 1983 us 3 NC State
10 Vladimir Radmanović SF 6-10 227 November 19, 1980 ba 7  
18 Sasha Vujačić SG 6-7 195 March 8, 1984 si 4  
4 Luke Walton SF 6-8 235 March 28, 1980 us 5 Arizona

Sun Yue

Is this a superstar laden roster?

An All-Star and two HOFers.   It was all Phil.

• Premium Member

Well that team won 65 games as well as a championship

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

An All-Star and two HOFers.   It was all Phil.

You know there were better team out there right?

Like this team for starters

20 Ray Allen SG 6-5 205 July 20, 1975 us 12 UConn
42 Tony Allen SG 6-4 213 January 11, 1982 us 4 Butler County Community College, Oklahoma State
11 Glen Davis C 6-9 289 January 1, 1986 us 1 LSU
5 Kevin Garnett PF 6-11 240 May 19, 1976 us 13  
4 J.R. Giddens SF 6-5 215 February 13, 1985 us R Kansas, New Mexico
50 Eddie House PG 6-1 180 May 14, 1978 us 8 Arizona State
8 Stephon Marbury PG 6-2 180 February 20, 1977 us 12 Georgia Tech
7 Mikki Moore C 6-11 225 November 4, 1975 us 10 Nebraska
26 Patrick O'Bryant C 7-0 260 June 20, 1986 us 2 Bradley
43 Kendrick Perkins C 6-10 270 November 10, 1984 us 5  
34 Paul Pierce SF 6-7 235 October 13, 1977 us 10 Kansas
0 Leon Powe PF 6-8 240 January 22, 1984 us 2 California
13 Gabe Pruitt SG 6-4 170 April 19, 1986 us 1 USC
9 Rajon Rondo PG 6-1 186 February 22, 1986 us 2 Kentucky
44 Brian Scalabrine C 6-9 241 March 18, 1978 us 7 USC
12 Henry Walker SF 6-6 220

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure what point you think you are making here. 

If your point is Phil Jackson is more important than Michael Jordan to those rings then...

tenor.gif

What you're witnessing is agenda-ing at work.  Peo wants us to be the Suns and there's nothing any of us can do to sway him off it.

• Like 3