• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He said the P word.......Playoffs for 2020-2021!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 3/4/2020 at 9:14 PM, High5 said:

Just because LP is realistic about the roster and realizes the importance of development doesn't mean he's out there trying to lose. 

I have a problem with this concept claiming that the development of players will be at the expense of winning.  To me they go hand and hand.  If you develop your players and encourage good habits, they you will win more games not fewer games.  Pierce allows too many bad habits to continue such as those ill-advised long 3's, turnovers and below average defensive effort.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Maybe that's your literal 50+ year old definition.  However, for us younger people, it means unreasonable dislike no matter what someone does. 

You are not critical.  You always find a way even in a win to be negative about him.  But, go on.  That's your thing. I'm just saying.  I intentionally did not metion Lloyd Pierce in my post and you found some round about way to bring him up. Being critical is fine, but always discussing it ad nasuem is what I call hating. 

I'd say if you didn't DISLIKE Lloyd Pierce, you can go a three days without posting a negative comment about him.  The Hawks haven't had a game in a few days yet here you are still ranitng about Lloyd.  Who for all intensive purposes will be the coach next year so why are you wasting all of this energy ranting about something that's not going to change for at least a year?

That was not round about. You brought up me being hung up one game. I let you know in no uncertain terms, once the starters were benched the game was over and I turned off the TV.

Now last time I checked, it is the coach who benches players. Nothing round about; just a fact. TV turned off.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks haven't had a game in a few days yet here you are still ranitng about Lloyd.  Who, for all intents and purposes, will be the coach next year so why are you wasting all of this energy ranting about something that's not going to change for at least a year?

I hope you spend as much energy policing posters that constantly criticize players like Young and Collins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope you spend as much energy policing posters that constantly criticize players like Young and Collins.

And Huerter who has been getting it for the past month.

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL if they did it on a daily basis I would, but those posters only show up when Young or Collins have a bad game.  

Check me out in the Supes thread ranting about Young. If you want to know about me! 

I also hope you spend some time changing your avatar to that little pink pony.

Edited by marco102

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

And Huerter who has been getting it for the past month.

And you can also see me in those game threads asking why are people overreacting about a second year player. 

I guess I'm just a person that doesn't see the point about ranting constantly about things that won't change.  

That motto has allowed me to have a lot less stress in life.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

And you can also see me in those game threads asking why are people overreacting about a second year player. 

I guess I'm just a person that doesn't seem the point about ranting constantly about things that won't change.  

That motto has allowed me to have a lot less stress in life.

Watching and talking about sports does not stress me out. Its not like,work for me. It gets me away from thinking about work.

• Like 2

• Moderators

We'll replace the Magic next season and we'll be around a 6th seed. I'm sure there'll be an injury or something to put a damper on winning the Southeast, but I feel good about 6th. Trae, Cam, Huerter, Collins, Capela, and Hunter is good enough for sixth. I think our bench is gonna be a weakness... just the feeling I'm getting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

We'll replace the Magic next season and we'll be around a 6th seed. I'm sure there'll be an injury or something to put a damper on winning the Southeast, but I feel good about 6th. Trae, Cam, Huerter, Collins, Capela, and Hunter is good enough for sixth. I think our bench is gonna be a weakness... just the feeling I'm getting.

Our bench definitely needs an infusion of talent for next season - PG, Wings, PF.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 12:17 AM, Spud2nique said:

The Nets will probably get in but I’m not sure they will be as good as people think. There’s only ☝🏾 ball. Kymie is a hog about it.. and cupcake 🧁 is a quitter if things go astray. Not a given.

Not sure I would trust Kyrie on anything other than getting paid well at this point. He even admitted he quit trying to lead the Celtics. Not such a strong role model to follow for younger players. Each season there are injuries and some flaking out with him.

• Like 2

I will go out on a short limb now. Barring major injury or a complete strikeout in the off season, this is a 45 win team next year. Too many variables to make a bet at this point, but a good offseason with signings and we're a 6 seed. There, I said it.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I will go out on a short limb now. Barring major injury or a complete strikeout in the off season, this is a 45 win team next year. Too many variables to make a bet at this point, but a good offseason with signings and we're a 6 seed. There, I said it.

The only way that happens is with a major off season veteran acquisition that ultimately limits the playing time of one or two of the young players.

The clear bench upgrades are PG, wings with size, and PF.

PF can be easily upgraded by Harrell.

PG is more difficult. We could draft one or go with Teague again. If Teague and Kevin continue to look good together, I might think keeping Jeff is the better option. It's a great draft for PGs.

Wings with size is tough because it's not really strong in the draft but its weak in trade or FA. I think drafting one if we have a good slot is best for us. Draft slot could push us into looking for a PG than a wing if Deni or Okoro is gone by our slot.

Center is fine. 

Our starting five plus 6th man is fine. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

The only way that happens is with a major off season veteran acquisition that ultimately limits the playing time of one or two of the young players.

Man, I am just waiting for one good post for you, is that too much to ask for?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The clear bench upgrades are PG, wings with size, and PF.

PF can be easily upgraded by Harrell.

PG is more difficult. We could draft one or go with Teague again. If Teague and Kevin continue to look good together, I might think keeping Jeff is the better option. It's a great draft for PGs.

Wings with size is tough because it's not really strong in the draft but its weak in trade or FA. I think drafting one if we have a good slot is best for us. Draft slot could push us into looking for a PG than a wing if Deni or Okoro is gone by our slot.

Center is fine. 

Our starting five plus 6th man is fine. 

Man, I am just waiting for one good post for you, is that too much to ask for?

Well, I’m not going to lie and tell you what you want to hear.  This team is not a playoff team in 2021.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, I’m not going to lie and tell you what you want to hear.  This team is not a playoff team in 2021.  

Bottom 5 in the league.  (KB's opinion)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I see you no longer believe it will be 2-3 years until we're back in the playoffs. I was looking forward to quoting you. 😞 

• Like 1