• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He said the P word.......Playoffs for 2020-2021!

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, I’m not going to lie and tell you what you want to hear.  This team is not a playoff team in 2021.  

Not saying that the Hawks will do very much if and when they make the playoffs.  You aren't believing that they will be good enough to be #8 in the east next season?

Capela should be a major help.  Here's your added vet.  A year's experience for Hunter, Hernandes and Reddish plus another year's experience for Huerter, Young and Collins.  Add in another year for our coaches and whatever happens in the draft.

:sun:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Not saying that the Hawks will do very much if and when they make the playoffs.  You aren't believing that they will be good enough to be #8 in the east next season?

Capela should be a major help.  Here's your added vet.  A year's experience for Hunter, Hernandes and Reddish plus another year's experience for Huerter, Young and Collins.  Add in another year for our coaches and whatever happens in the draft.

:sun:

No.  I do not believe that barring a major addition in the off season.  The team is still too young, and the draft offers no immediate help.  

• Thanks 1

That's nice but the fanbase really needs to hold everything and see what's done in the offseason. Considering that Schlenk thought every veteran he acquired, even if he had predicted another TANK season as some like to call it, was going to contribute well, and that's been a bust, along with his thought that Len could adequately replace Dedmon through analytics, and that obviously busted, you can hold him in serious question regardless. 

In this case I need to see moves made before I make a prediction, but something else this also shows is Schlenk/Pierce might be dual on the hot seat and it's make the playoffs or both of y'all are dead.

I will reaffirm what I've said elsewhere as well, Hunter is 22 right now, it shouldn't be a slower process with him like normal 1 or maybe even 2 and done's, he needs to start showing some consistency next year instead of it being "oh, he needs a veteran in front of him playing most of the minutes because he needs that carrot to work and improve!" 

• Like 1

With all the roster movement and John’s suspension I’m pretty sure Schlenk punted this season.  That doesn’t change the fact that the point differential is -8.1.  

The Wizards, Pistons, and Bulls all have much better ones with positive reinforcements coming in the forms of John Wall, Blake Griffin, and improved front office, respectively. Pierce must see Cam as an MIP candidate, Capela and John as AS candidates, and Kevin as a 6th Man candidate.  That’s a Bud-like season resume.  Understatement of the year but Bud he is not.

Edited by benhillboy

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela's take on playoffs:

That’s great and I love the attitude but Capela was the ☝🏾 who always disappeared for the Rockets 🚀 in the playoffs, he was Draymond Green’s bitch. Let’s hope he’s better in the east during our playoff run next year.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Trae is an all star, Collins is a really good starting PF, our center rotation is solid.

To make the playoffs next year is going to take a big jump in consistency from at least two of Cam, Hunter, Heurter AND bolstering the bench with really good role players and shooters in basically every position.   That's going to be a tough task for one off season.   We don't really have a good backup 1-4 right now.  

The good news is that the east will continue to suck probably.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, Spud2nique said:

That’s great and I love the attitude but Capela was the ☝🏾 who always disappeared for the Rockets 🚀 in the playoffs, he was Draymond Green’s bitch. Let’s hope he’s better in the east during our playoff run next year.

What about Gobert? He was Capela's bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 1:07 AM, Peoriabird said:

I have a problem with this concept claiming that the development of players will be at the expense of winning.  To me they go hand and hand.  If you develop your players and encourage good habits, they you will win more games not fewer games.  Pierce allows too many bad habits to continue such as those ill-advised long 3's, turnovers and below average defensive effort.

When Hunter blows up next season at SF, some will claim its because LP made him play PF and that helped his development. What ever it takes to justify LP as our coach. Even if its playing rookies out of position for over half the season.

Another topic of irritation with him that you pointed out: LP thinks everyone that hits the floor ( all nine or ten players ) should take at least one three. As long as he is our coach, I thinks it a fair statement to say we will always need more shooters.

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

When Hunter blows up next season at SF, some will claim its because LP made him play PF and that helped his development. What ever it takes to justify LP as our coach. Even if its playing rookies out of position for over half the season.

Another topic of irritation with him that you pointed out: LP thinks everyone that hits the floor ( all nine or ten players ) should take at least one three. As long as he is our coach, I thinks it a fair statement to say we will always need more shooters.

Considering that basketball-reference only had him at 20% of the time at PF, I still really don't think making him an exclusive SF is going to have much to do with it. That doesn't mean that other mistakes weren't made with him, along with the adjustment from a slower system to going faster, and playing more per week (he was thoroughly HORRENDOUS on back to backs early in the season)...

Edited by Lurker

31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Considering that basketball-reference only had him at 20% of the time at PF, I still really don't think making him an exclusive SF is going to have much to do with it. That doesn't mean that other mistakes weren't made with him, along with the adjustment from a slower system to going faster, and playing more per week (he was thoroughly HORRENDOUS on back to backs early in the season)...

I cannot find the stat that says 20% of the time. But I did find most used lineups.

The lineup Hunter was used most in was:

Collins, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Young.

And its not close. That lineup was used in 22 games for 205 Minutes. The next closest was 15 games for 69.2 Minutes with Bembry, Hunter. Jones, Parker, Young. Looking at this, LP was all over the map with his lineups.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&lineup_type=5-man&output=total&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&player_id=huntede01&order_by=diff_pts

Now take into account that Collins has only played 41 games and maybe you see my point of view.

Edited by Buzzard

23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I cannot find the stat that says 20% of the time. But I did find most used lineups.

The lineup Hunter was used most in was:

Collins, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Young.

And its not close. That lineup was used in 22 games for 205 Minutes. The next closest was 15 games for 69.2 Minutes with Bembry, Hunter. Jones, Parker, Young. Looking at this, LP was all over the map with his lineups.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&lineup_type=5-man&output=total&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&player_id=huntede01&order_by=diff_pts

Now take into account that Collins has only played 41 games and maybe you see my point of view.

Just scroll down on the page for Hunter and you'll find it. It even has him playing shooting guard.

I won't see your point because I just don't agree. I think Pierce failed him in 19/20 but it wasn't in the mode of MUH WE NEEDED TO PLAY BIG!!! Maybe it was a factor, but it was far from the only one.

Edited by Lurker

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Just scroll down on the page for Hunter and you'll find it. It even has him playing shooting guard.

I won't see your point because I just don't agree. I think Pierce failed him in 19/20 but it wasn't in the mode of MUH WE NEEDED TO PLAY BIG!!!

Do you agree with the coach then? Direct quote from Pierce three days ago.

He said the coaches have to evaluate Reddish and Huerter collectively, and they have to figure out whether Hunter is a three or four long term and if he should be playing more backup minutes at the four if he’s not. Those are questions the Hawks need to figure out so they can understand how to structure the team around those players and Capela.

He still does not know where Hunter should play.

https://hoopshype.com/team/atlanta-hawks/

Edited by Buzzard