• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Right.  It's my body so I'll piss on you.  %*%& your health.  I won't be inconvenienced.  That's why I don't put a seatbelt on my child and nobody better tell me different.  My choice even though my choice affects your health.

Again this isn't about accepting jesus or stopping drinking or anything.  It is a choice that impacts others without their consent just like pissing on them.

Weak leadership caused this attitude.  No other country thinks it is patriotic to endanger the lives of their fellow citizens.  And nobody who is out there not wearing a mask should have the slightest bit of confidence that they aren't an asymptomatic carrier.  Unless you are locked away from the world, you can't know.  But you choose to expose others to that risk.

Definition of selfishness.

No one is arguing that, but most people don't want to other people telling them what to do in public. 

What I find maybe most interesting is nobody throwing a fit about the protests. Its the same concept. Tons of people running around with bandannas around their necks 1/2 of the time. I mentioned it mid protests that I was wondering if cases would spike a week or 2 later. Its happening but we're blaming it on other things.

The whole thing is 100% selfish. But they have a right to do it. Yes, the attitude is going to lead to people dying, but guess what. This is a very simple equation. You want to be able to moderate people's behavior in public spaces, you need to be prepared to have your behavior moderated as well.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No one is arguing that, but most people don't want to other people telling them what to do in public. 

What I find maybe most interesting is nobody throwing a fit about the protests. Its the same concept. Tons of people running around with bandannas around their necks 1/2 of the time. I mentioned it mid protests that I was wondering if cases would spike a week or 2 later. Its happening but we're blaming it on other things.

The whole thing is 100% selfish. But they have a right to do it. Yes, the attitude is going to lead to people dying, but guess what. This is a very simple equation. You want to be able to moderate people's behavior in public spaces, you need to be prepared to have your behavior moderated as well.

Most protestors have on masks. 

To the original point @macdaddy  was making, people are upset that stores are making them wear masks and whining about it.  If it's the store policy shut up and go somewhere else.  Point, blank, simple. 

Masks shouldn't even be political.  I'm not trying to understand the other side of the argument.  Quite frankly, I care enough about other people, that even if the government is lying about it, if there's a 1% chance it's true, I'll  wear one.  It doesn't hurt me to wear a mask, but it sure as hell can hurt someone if I don't. 

Personal choice or not, businesses have the right to tell you what you can and not wear to enter their establishment. I have no problem with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

To the original point @macdaddy  was making, people are upset that stores are making them wear masks and whining about it.  If it's the store policy shut up and go somewhere else.  Point, blank, simple. 

Masks shouldn't even be political.  I'm not trying to understand the other side of the argument.  Quite frankly, I care enough about other people, that even if the government is lying about it, if there's a 1% chance it's true, I'll  wear one.  It doesn't hurt me to wear a mask, but it sure as hell can hurt someone if I don't. 

Personal choice or not, businesses have the right to tell you what you can and not wear to enter their establishment. I have no problem with that.

That is beyond a no brainer.  Whether it is a health matter or not, businesses and hosts get to set rules like “no shirt no service” or “take your shoes off at the door.”  When you are a visitor you give the owner the respect to follow that or you don’t visit. Pretty simple.

* (Only exception is when a rule is used as a pretext for an illegal action like picking thing associated with a race and banning those as an indirect way of excluding people based on race)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Enjoy eating popcorn under your mask!

LOL, I hadn't even thought of that.

To be 100% fair in this topic, I pretty much am not wearing a mask in public. But I'm also almost never in public and if I do, I go off hours (very early) when almost no one is at the store. Pretty much all of my going out is 1 of 3 things.  Walmart for groceries, Home Depot for projects to keep me busy and fast food drive thrus.  So going to Wal-mart/Home Depot before 8 AM when there is almost no one in the store comparatively.  Conscious choice.  If I need something, I don't go when busy. I do have masks at home and have worn them. I decide on what/when/where based on risk to me and to others.  So my perception is risk reduction. If I was heading to Walmart at 5PM, I'd be in one without question. 

Also, I do most of the shopping for my household and have the stores memorized. I'm rarely inside more than I need to be.

Additionally, I haven't been faced with going anywhere where a mask is mandatory. If it was, I'd wear without question. But again, I'm minimizing risk via limiting exposure more than anything else.  The core of my statement isn't a store telling me what to do, its Bob on the street. Most of the issues we're seeing aren't the guy refusing to mask up in Costco when the greeter tells him to (ridiculous video). The majority of issues is someone masking up in a store is offended someone else isn't.

Which brings me to something that pisses me off more than masks. Most stores (I'll use Walmart as my example) are clearly marking aisles as walk this way every other aisle to create flow where you don't pass someone. People walking up a down aisle pisses me off more than finding out my favorite show getting cancelled due to a writer's guild strike (yes this happened, yes I pouted). That walk this way sign is one of the most effective things I've seen to keep people from coming face to face. Same song, different story, the 6 foot stickers are checkout. I'm checking out a week ago, and some joker starts loading up the conveyor belt behind me (which is well inside the 6 foot sticker), finishes and walks up and stands right next to me while I'm entering my debit card pin number. So not only is the yahoo violating the 6 foot rule, rubbing elbows but now he's watching me enter my card number.

But I looked at him scowling and politely said, "a little space there buddy". He answers, "sorry bro, thought you were done".  Literally bumped my elbow.....so yah, I'm crazy but that ticks me off more.

• Like 2

• Moderators

With Walmart, they have contactless pickup that we’ve been using.  You order online, get a window of time for pickup, and then basically pop your trunk and they drop off your order.  Might be something to think about.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AHF said:

With Walmart, they have contactless pickup that we’ve been using.  You order online, get a window of time for pickup, and then basically pop your trunk and they drop off your order.  Might be something to think about.

They also have contactless delivery. I have my groceries dropped at my front door. I'm becoming an expert at being a shutin. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Trump said at his weekend rally that he had told his staff to slow down testing for the disease, which has now killed nearly 120,000 Americans, to hide the discovery of more cases. Claims by his advisers that he was joking hardly lessen the questionable motives behind the remark.

:blanky: Test, Isolate, Trace, Treat.

Meanwhile.....

The major thrust of new coronavirus cases in the United States is in the South and West, where officials say more young people are ignoring social distancing measures and testing positive.

Young people are more likely to have milder outcomes from coronavirus, but they can still infect others who are more at risk.

"With younger age of recent infections in at least some places such as Florida, expect a lower death rate in this wave ... until the 20-40 year olds who are infected today go on to infect others," Dr. Tom Frieden, former director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Twitter.

"They get infected first, then they come home, and then they infect the older people. The older people get the complications, and then they go to the hospitals," Fauci said. "The death rate always lags several weeks behind the infection rate."

This is something to monitor in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile in Florida:

I'd like to see hospital admittance rates, since the idea is to not overwhelm the Hospitals.

I wonder if Disney via the NBA will test the Disney employees since they won't be in the bubble?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤔

Doesn't it mean when you are in ICU you are getting Intensive Care :cute:

What a joke.

If masks aren't necessary and effective then why do they make them mandatory after a huge outbreak?   That was great honey, i'll put on the condom now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤔

Doesn't it mean when you are in ICU you are getting Intensive Care :cute:

Florida is just shamelessly manipulating their data to try to avoid scaring away those tourism dollars.  Super shady.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2020 at 6:55 PM, thecampster said:

LOL, I hadn't even thought of that.

To be 100% fair in this topic, I pretty much am not wearing a mask in public. But I'm also almost never in public and if I do, I go off hours (very early) when almost no one is at the store. Pretty much all of my going out is 1 of 3 things.  Walmart for groceries, Home Depot for projects to keep me busy and fast food drive thrus.  So going to Wal-mart/Home Depot before 8 AM when there is almost no one in the store comparatively.  Conscious choice.  If I need something, I don't go when busy. I do have masks at home and have worn them. I decide on what/when/where based on risk to me and to others.  So my perception is risk reduction. If I was heading to Walmart at 5PM, I'd be in one without question.

Why not just wear a mask instead of weighing the risk of your various activities? Especially if you’re in and out of the store. It’s a minor inconvenience that could save your life or someone else’s.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, marco102 said:

It should be noted that masks are not without their downside for certain communities. Masks have been very difficult for the hearing impaired, who rely on lip reading as part of everyday communication.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

It should be noted that masks are not without their downside for certain communities. Masks have been very difficult for the hearing impaired, who rely on lip reading as part of everyday communication.

It should be noted that I'm not hearing impaired so I don't get the point of your comment.