• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Geez.  This is ridiculous.  I found this helpful.   Good idea to keep an eye on your local hospitals.  At the bottom of the page you can select your county and see how full your hospitals are.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/09/944379919/new-data-reveal-which-hospitals-are-dangerously-full-is-yours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, macdaddy said:

Geez.  This is ridiculous.  I found this helpful.   Good idea to keep an eye on your local hospitals.  At the bottom of the page you can select your county and see how full your hospitals are.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/12/09/944379919/new-data-reveal-which-hospitals-are-dangerously-full-is-yours

Interesting to see how it's the rural areas that have really been impacted by COVID now.  This was the opposite back in April, when a lot of the cities were struggling with containing the disease.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Play Stupid Games...Win Stupid Prizes!

Warning - Anyone traveling to the Caribbean, specifically the Cayman Islands, follow the 14 day quarantine guidelines.

An 18-year-old college student from Loganville was sentenced this week to four months in a Cayman Islands prison after pleading guilty to violating a strict COVID quarantine mandate in the Caribbean territory, according to several news reports.

Skylar Mack and her 24-year-old boyfriend Vanjae Ramgeet were sent away Tuesday morning after a judge set aside an earlier sentence by a lower court that entailed a $2,600 fine and 40 hours of community service.

Caymanian guidelines required her to quarantine-in-residence for a minimum of 14 days, according to the country’s Director of Public Prosecutions Patrick Moran.

Instead, she went out after only two days and removed a location tracking device from her wrist in order to attend a water sports competition for Ramgeet, who is a professional jet-ski racer.In addition to the jail sentence, Ramgeet — who won the jet ski event — was ordered to return the trophy and cash prize and will be banned from competing in several races planned for early 2021.

Authorities also required him to write a formal apology to the Cayman Islands Watercraft Association.

https://www.ajc.com/news/cayman-islands-court-sentences-georgia-teen-to-4-months-in-prison/QZK7C5QP6FGXPHZXVJ2QZ5LASU/

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So someone explain to me how if you violate covid protocols like Harden you get to postpone your game vs forfeiting?   

Because he wasn't the 'cause' of the other players being placed in CV protocols. Another player tested positive, then the other players who were in close contact were placed in protocol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because he wasn't the 'cause' of the other players being placed in CV protocols. Another player tested positive, then the other players who were in close contact were placed in protocol.

I get that but seems like they were still going to play before Harden got ruled out.   

• Moderators

I've been hearing the viewpoint that covid deaths are inflated and are just people who really died from something else.   They pointed to other causes of death being down.   I'm sure with the numbers from this year everyone will admit that in fact that wasn't the case.  400,000 more deaths than in 2019 and the largest percentage increase since 1918.   Sucks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

Nassir Little talks his COVID 19 experience and struggles:

On Dec. 1, as part of the NBA’s testing of players and staff, Little learned that he had contracted COVID-19.

It wasn’t until Dec. 22 that Little recorded his first negative test and was able to rejoin the team. In between, he experienced three weeks of hell.

“For me, I was on the worst part of the spectrum, the hard end of the disease,” Little said. “I didn’t have to go to the hospital or be on a ventilator, but I went through it bad. It hit me really bad. For about seven to 10 days, I was just really miserable.”

Although he is back around his teammates, Little is far from returning to a game. The virus ravaged his body. He lost 20 pounds. And his conditioning and strength are nowhere near where he needs to be to compete against NBA players....

.....When he awoke, there was no longer any doubt. He felt feverish. He had aches all over his body. And then, the doctor told him his test was conclusive: He was COVID-19 positive. What happened over the next 22 days was a personal hell that Little says he wouldn’t wish on anybody. He couldn’t eat. He couldn’t drink. He couldn’t watch television because of splitting headaches. From the Dec. 1 diagnosis until his first negative test on Dec. 22, he lost 20 pounds.

“I’m not trying to sound morbid or anything, but it was to the point where it was like, you just don’t want to feel anything,” Little said. “It was really that bad. You just wished it would stop. It was consistent, 24/7 … just miserable pain. My back was hurting so bad, my headaches were terrible, I couldn’t eat anything …”

He would awake mornings with soaked sheets from night sweats. He would try to nourish with smoothies but kept throwing them up. He lost his sense of taste and smell. And the headaches would never subside.

As he battled COVID-19, the virus not only attacked his body but it also affected his mind.

“It wears on you because it’s so constant,” Little said. “And then you start to question yourself, like ‘Damn, can I still play? Am I going to come back the same?’ All that stuff starts creeping into your mind. It’s tough.”

As he inches back to normalcy, he wants to spread a word of caution. COVID-19 is real.

“Going through this, bruh … I’m telling everybody: Please be careful,” Little said. “I would not wish this on anybody, because that’s the worst I have felt in my life. And it is relentless, every day. Going to a party? It’s not worth it. Eating at a restaurant? It’s not worth what I just went through. Nothing is worth it. And the crazy thing is, it could have been worse for me. I’m fortunate I’m doing better and on the mend.”

Up ahead is a new year. And hopefully, some brighter days that can ease the pain of a bizarre year in which Little put in so much work.

https://theathletic.com/2296068/2021/01/01/blazers-nassir-little-on-way-back-after-brutal-bout-with-covid-19-hit-me-bad/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...