• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looks like I'm winning that bet!  :grin:

Seriously, that roster would be the most competitive we've been since Kris Humphries was in uniform.  

Just a quick shot at the Horf there.

• Haha 4

I’ve always liked Nwaba’s profile as a third BU and defensive lineup guy, even though we already have/ had one in Goodwin.  I’m straight on Caboclo and Yogi “Never Had A Decent Haircut In My Life” Ferrell.

What was the bet @AHF that we taking Halliburton?  Or going after Ingram?  I’m very intrigued by Halliburton’s draft profile.  How’s Trae gonna handle a lotto pick at his position tho?

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I’ve always liked Nwaba’s profile as a third BU and defensive lineup guy, even though we already have/ had one in Goodwin.  I’m straight on Caboclo and Yogi “Never Had A Decent Haircut In My Life” Ferrell.

What was the bet @AHF that we taking Halliburton?  Or going after Ingram?  I’m very intrigued by Halliburton’s draft profile.  How’s Trae gonna handle a lotto pick at his position tho?

Whether any FA other than Anthony Davis would get a max or near max deal this offseason.  That wikileaks TS projected cap sheet has Ingram qualifying.  That is probably the no lose scenario for sturt.  Happy to take a bet as the price for getting his FA prize.  

• Thanks 1

I’m not an Ingram fan (if he gets his defensive box up to 1 I surely would be) but I do love the way his stats have trended in his short career.  He gave off the impression he’s indifferent to getting better/ losing but the numbers show he’s a gym rat.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Yogi “Never Had A Decent Haircut In My Life” Ferrell

Interesting tidbit: My sources are telling me the GM is going to be willing to offer slightly more money for any new FA who agrees to submit to the "Schlenk Shave."

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

How’s Trae gonna handle a lotto pick at his position tho?

Haliburton = Jrue Holiday in terms of role.

Can get into the rotation both as back-up PG and as the SG group.

• Premium Member

I’ve always liked Nwaba’s profile as a third BU and defensive lineup guy, even though we already have/ had one in Goodwin. 

Given how little Goodwin was getting time those last couple of weeks, he will have to go into training camp with the eye of the tiger, imo, no matter who we sign or not.

Why am I suddenly seeing Ingram to hawks chatter???

i get rumors must happen after all its  apart of the business BUT I don’t understand this one!

let me just say I would be overjoyed to get 6’9 Brandon Ingram! Another 6’9 guy like cam who can put it on the floor and score and has defensive potential would be a dream come true but I just can’t believe that Griff would give up Brandon Ingram after a breakout season where he makes the all star game!

i guess you can ask yourself if you’re in Griffs shoes you can ask yourself is Ingram worth the money but I would say that’s probably not a question Griff and the pelicans front office are realistically asking themselves cause had Zion played all season they’d probably be the in the playoffs from the look of things.

then there’s the part about fit with Ingram and Zion that people want to throw in just to make a valid point  but we honestly haven’t seen enough of them together to say they don’t fit. Also I believe griff see them as a fit, if he didn’t he doesn’t make the trade to get Ingram apart of that package last summer . He could have easily opted for Kuzma instead.

I’d love to Ingram! In this nba era wingmen who are 6’8 and up that can put the ball on the floor and in the hoop along with long wingspans and defensive potential is just insanely valuable! I’d sign Ingram and worry about fit later! ....but this one I’m sure just has no legs whatsoever. We’d have to really overpay for Ingram and that’s probably not possible . I think griff and the pelicans hold him as extremely valuable piece moving forward.

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, JTB said:

but this one I’m sure just has no legs whatsoever. We’d have to really overpay for Ingram and that’s probably not possible . I think griff and the pelicans hold him as extremely valuable piece moving forward.

JTB, as things currently stand, there is only one team that can sign Ingram to a max contract besides NOP, and that is us.

Now, of course, there is some chance that other teams could create some space between now and July 1, but fwiw, nearly every GM will be able to maneuver in the 2021 free agent market, while only six currently have the cap space to do anything significant in 2020.

In other words, there are stars that have aligned to make this a legitimate conversation.

And more than that, ESPN reported probably 2-3 weeks before the season halted that rival GMs were divided as to whether Ingram has shown enough to earn a max contract--which should at least be taken as evidence that there is no slam dunk that NOP will commit themselves for 4-5 years. That, particularly in light of the consequences to their cap space for the following two years with Holiday and what will be Ball's big contracts on the books.

Then, from the ATL point of view...

Click on "sturt replied to a topic"

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m not an Ingram fan (if he gets his defensive box up to 1 I surely would be)

I'm one of those who point to his being matched up for most of the 19-20 season with 4s, and previous to that in LA, spent most of 18-19 matched up against 2s... and conclude that his defense will blossom (and the numbers will support that) when his coach primarily has him guarding 3s.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Sources saying that Pierce would most typically run with the first group as his primary starting five, and then incorporate either of the two other groups as games progress. Each group is constructed so that it contains both significant offensive and significant defensive assets.

2020-04-01_0030.png

(And yes, I admit it, I'm just doing my best to keep fanning the embers of basketball talk.)

I like the plan. Really like Haliburton as draft pick, fits well our roster. I also think Ferrell, Nwaba and Caboclo are creative picks with some upside that can produce on our system.

More question marks on Ingram and Milsap.

I am ok going after Ingram but if we do not get him and let's be honest I think we are not getting him, what is plan B?  

And 12m$ for Milsap? He is already 35, his production has drop significantly, I think we should use that money on someone like Christian Wood or Bertans, players with more upside and real legs, Milsap is going to be challenged everytime on the court next season. We are talking about 4th salary on the team, let's get someone that can really produce and have some upside, Hawks need to get Wood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm one of those who point to his being matched up for most of the 19-20 season with 4s, and previous to that in LA, spent most of 18-19 matched up against 2s... and conclude that his defense will blossom (and the numbers will support that) when his coach primarily has him guarding 3s.

I agree but is Lloyd that guy?  He’s put John, Hunter, and Kevin in all types of unnecessary defensive jams, usually in conjunction with the head-scratching limit on Bruno’s minutes.

Edited by benhillboy

hace 3 horas, sturt dijo:

Sources saying that Pierce would most typically run with the first group as his primary starting five, and then incorporate either of the two other groups as games progress. Each group is constructed so that it contains both significant offensive and significant defensive assets.

2020-04-01_0030.png

(And yes, I admit it, I'm just doing my best to keep fanning the embers of basketball talk.)

I don't think Nwaba starts over Reddish, sorry no way. I think Reddish starts and Nwaba runs with 3rd unit. Probably 2nd unit is looking more like Ferrell/Huerter/Hunter/Milsap/Dedmon until Haliburton shows what he has

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think Nwaba starts over Reddish, sorry no way. I think Reddish starts and Nwaba runs with 3rd unit. Probably 2nd unit is looking more like Ferrell/Huerter/Hunter/Milsap/Dedmon until Haliburton shows what he has

That was my reaction as well.

7 hours ago, sturt said:

You are doing good work!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, sturt said:

2020-04-01_0030.png

Eeeewww!!

NOP is resigning Ingram.

I'm ok with signing Millsap, but he's not signing here to be a 3rd stringer.

Ferrell, meh - rather get Dunn.

Bruno Caboclo is still 2 years away but he's 2nd string SF while Hunter is 3rd string. (I get you're trying to get some basketball talk but geez).

Nwaba, 27 and is coming off an achilles injury, no way he starts. Is he that much better than Bembry? Let alone start over Reddish...nah!

Skal will have to beat out Dedmon.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...2nd string SF while Hunter is 3rd string...

4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

... runs with 3rd unit. Probably 2nd unit...

8 hours ago, sturt said:

first group as his primary starting five, and then incorporate either of the two other groups as games progress

So, more like "string 2a" and "string 2b."

Too few coaches have a deep enough bench that they can use that depth to their advantage and keep fresher bodies on the court, imo. It's all theoretical, of course, but I am intrigued by the idea of running opponents ragged, and having pre-designated 5-man combos that come into games together having spent time on the practice court developing chemistry... something you ordinarily can't do because normally, again, the bench isn't that deep.