• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

There is a reason he does not start at Indiana over players like Lamb, Harris is a starter on the league, McDermott is not, he is not s good defender

I agree but your entire roster doesn’t need to be made up of primo defenders. Every team needs those snipers and more often than not, most can’t D up that well. We had Korver in 2015 and things went well.

• Like 4

On 4/3/2020 at 7:47 PM, Vol4ever said:

Truth is no one wants to come to Atlanta.  Only player to ever come here as a youngster is our own Nique and we traded for him.  I've watched for 49 years mostly tough trades and signings.  We got Moses toward the end, Joe Johnson wasnt a star.   My favorite player along with Nique has always been Dan Roundfield.   We just cant get the big time players and nothing has changed in the last 30-40 years.  It's sad, but some of us has hung in there.  

Yeah I liked Roundfield myself. Tough player..We could use him. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I liked Roundfield myself. Tough player..We could use him. lol

He and Tree were a tough shot blocking, rebounding  front court to allow Nique to do his thing.  

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gordon Hayward as a FA Target for the Hawks!

Star-studded?? That's a very liberal use of that word.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/04/04/boston-celtics-3-free-agent-hayward/amp/4/

He should be fully healthy next season after the injury at least., and he would  definitely help the Hawks........................BUT I agree, he's not star studded. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

There is a reason he does not start at Indiana over players like Lamb, Harris is a starter on the league, McDermott is not, he is not s good defender

That's why he said cheaper option than Harris. He'd bring much needed shooting to the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

He should be fully healthy next season after the injury at least., and he would  definitely help the Hawks........................BUT I agree, he's not star studded. lol

Besides being a year removed from the injury and recovery, he kept getting nicked up during the season though with other issues. He can opt out of $34 million. He might want too much on a long term deal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He can opt out of $34 million.

No one's that stupid, though, right?

If I recall correctly, that's just $1-2mil less than what he could get on a new max contract.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

No one's that stupid, though, right?

If I recall correctly, that's just $1-2mil less than what he could get on a new max contract.

I think he might be eligible for the 30% max (not that he's worth it). $34.5 mil if cap is at $115.

Possibly looking for a long term deal with smaller amount per year particularly with nagging injuries this season.

• Premium Member

Chief among Atlanta’s offseason priorities should be improving its 3-point shooting. Even with their highest-volume gunners shooting above-average percentages, the Hawks ranked last in the NBA in 3-point percentage last season. Atlanta created efficient looks with Young on the floor, and will almost certainly do so again next season; it needs to fill out the roster with players capable of capitalizing on those opportunities.

“We need to add guys that give us the capability to continue to stretch the floor,” Lloyd Pierce said. “All of those [young] guys want to and will look to improve on their shooting, but we need to add shooting as well."

Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets)

Harris will be the best shooter on the market this summer, which should make him a particularly appealing option for the Hawks. The 28-year-old is more than a mere floor-spacer; he is a weapon capable of bending defenses out of shape. Harris shot nearly 43 percent on over five 3-point attempts per game in four seasons with the Nets, and took a difficult diet of attempts. While he would give the Hawks a spot-up threat they didn’t have last season, Harris is also one of the league’s preeminent shooters coming off screens, and can bury difficult shots even under heavy contests.

I wasn't aware he was a screen runner, thought he was more spot up shooter.

Estimate $10-$15 mil.

Dāvis Bertāns (Washington Wizards)

Bertāns has long been one of the smoothest shooting big men in the NBA, but last season was unleashed in Washington to a degree he never had been in San Antonio. 

Evan Fournier (Orlando Magic)

With a $17 million player option for the 2021 season, Fournier could stand to lock in a long-term deal at a higher salary after the best season of his career

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member

Nonsense.

NOT that we need shooters. Of course we do.

But as bad as we may have been...

(1) it's more that we had bad 3-pt shooters shooting too much, taking shots away from our good ones.

And as a consequence of that, (2) our defense is so so so much a bigger deal problem to overcome.

Don't be adding 3-pt shooters who can't make our defense better.

I think Schlenk gets that, even if sports writers/bloggers don't.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wasn't aware he was a screen runner, thought he was more spot up shooter.

Estimate $10-$15 mil.

Harris, Harris, and more Harris please. Bring back that Kal Korva excitement, Bawb. Did I mention I want Harris?

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

I think Hunter can handle some of the shooting part imo and he plays pretty good defense.  I think Trae needs to shoot a little less, not a lot but a few more shots for Hunter would be good.  Joe Harris sounds like a decent option too.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm intrigued by this thought.

https://www.nba.com/pistons/features/hes-played-his-way-pistons-present-now-christian-wood-takes-aim-their-future

2020-04-10_1230.png

If... big if... it would be Schlenk's opinion that Wood can be a legitimate option at the 3, that to me would merit looking at him as a viable alternative to signing Ingram. Still think it's important to sign Millsap, regardless. But if you can truly give Wood minutes at all three positions (SF, PF and C), he's going to be on the court a lot, and worth the money it likely will take to beat a NYK bid (given the report that he's on their radar).