• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

• Premium Member

Gordon Hayward as a FA Target for the Hawks!

Star-studded?? That's a very liberal use of that word.

Hayward would be the kind of star-studded addition that could complete Atlanta’s lineup. A core of Young-Hayward-Collins-Capela figures to contend for the playoffs. With Atlanta having another top pick in the 2020 draft and recent draftees Kevin Huerter, DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish supplementing the group, the Hawks would be a deep team with a mix of youth and veterans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/04/04/boston-celtics-3-free-agent-hayward/amp/4/

• Confused 1

Doug McDermott 

He’s a unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2021. What would it take for us to get him here?

He’s got good size at 6’7” 225 and can stroke it. Shot 44.5% from 3 land, a career best. 

Would be a cheaper option that Joe Harris. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. Nothing has changed. The gameplan is the same. Young vet gets multi years, older vet gets less years and they want impact players who are vets. Not just highly paid trash vets. 

I keep telling you but you refuse to listen, New Orleans is bringing BI back at ALL COST. 

Well, first, please don't take me quite so seriously as-if I pretend to actually have Schlenk's office bugged. (I thought people generally would have assumed that I was being tongue-in-cheek on that part.)

And second, I don't recall ever engaging you on this topic.

But then, yeah, I refuse to listen. I absolutely do.

Because I disrespect your opinion? No, actually, more often than not, I embrace much if not all of your opinion. Because I disrespect your sources? No, actually, I'm as interested in those reports as the next guy/gal.

What I do disrespect is the insinuation that you somehow have sources inside of NOP's offices. You've never made that claim, and I don't think you're actually making it right now (are you?).

But you're seeming to take someone's opinion about what Dell Demps intends to do to be completely irrefutably 100% accurate.

Nonsense. We have been informed by an ESPN NBA writer that "multiple" GMs are unpersuaded that BI is worthy of a max contract. That's not to say Demps was one of those, of course, but what that ought to suggest is that there is no slam dunk decision here. There is reason to believe it might not happen as you so strongly assert that it will.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He will stop at nothing to get Ingram here.

Again, I feel good about my formerly 70%, now 60% chance that BI ends up re-signing with NOP.... now 60%, having realized that NYK figures into the mix whereas I didn't think they did before.

And to be precise, it's not as much about Ingram specifically as it is about Schlenk's blueprint to have an opportunity to supplement his high draft picks now with at least one top tier player.

If we find out Anthony Davis is somehow less enthusiastic about LAL, then watch me spring into action on that front.

It's about believing Schlenk when he says he's following the plan mapped out from the beginning. So, no to Harrell, no to Wood, no to Bertans, etc, etc, etc because those are guys that don't quite reach that top tier (... though Wood may conceivably be projected to be that, so there is a caveat there)... this is about optimally utilizing this unique opportunity that has rarely ever happened for the Hawks franchise effectively, which also means, not signing free agents who are at a level that the Hawks have been able to sign in the past and will in the future.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Doug McDermott 

He’s a unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2021. What would it take for us to get him here?

He’s got good size at 6’7” 225 and can stroke it. Shot 44.5% from 3 land, a career best. 

Thoughts?

If Indy is looking to cut salary (not sure they are but if salary cap drops), we can take him into our capspace this offseason, he's making $7 mil next season. They'll also send us a 2nd to do it. He shot 44% from 3.

• Like 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, sturt said:

Again, I feel good about my formerly 70%, now 60% chance that BI ends up re-signing with NOP.... now 60%, having realized that NYK figures into the mix whereas I didn't think they did before.

And to be precise, it's not as much about Ingram specifically as it is about Schlenk's blueprint to have an opportunity to supplement his high draft picks now with at least one top tier player.

If we find out Anthony Davis is somehow less enthusiastic about LAL, then watch me spring into action on that front.

It's about believing Schlenk when he says he's following the plan mapped out from the beginning. So, no to Harrell, no to Wood, no to Bertans, etc, etc, etc because those are guys that don't quite reach that top tier (... though Wood may conceivably be projected to be that, so there is a caveat there)... this is about optimally utilizing this unique opportunity that has rarely ever happened for the Hawks franchise effectively, which also means, not signing free agents who are at a level that the Hawks have been able to sign in the past and will in the future.

From my point of view, it is a near 100% chance Ingram resigns if NOP is willing to match any offer he gets.  The only scenario where it becomes real that he could leave is if NOP wouldn't match a max offer from the Knicks or Atlanta, etc.  If NOP caps somewhere below the max (not the bird max), then the Hawks, Knicks and others come into the picture.  My speculation is that NOP will be willing to match anything he gets and so his interest in any other team won't amount to anything.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gordon Hayward as a FA Target for the Hawks!

Star-studded?? That's a very liberal use of that word.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/04/04/boston-celtics-3-free-agent-hayward/amp/4/

Agreed.  He would be a price point guy and one you go for only if you think your wings are still too far away and/or you've lost faith in them.  Hayward was overpaid when he signed with Boston and has been a huge injury / performance risk the last few years.  If his price comes down, he can definitely shoot the ball so that would seem to fit a big need for the team.  On "star-studded" I'd just say that his star has dimmed considerably.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

From my point of view, it is a near 100% chance Ingram resigns if NOP is willing to match any offer he gets.  The only scenario where it becomes real that he could leave is if NOP wouldn't match a max offer from the Knicks or Atlanta, etc.  If NOP caps somewhere below the max (not the bird max), then the Hawks, Knicks and others come into the picture.  My speculation is that NOP will be willing to match anything he gets and so his interest in any other team won't amount to anything.

Thank you for that clarification. Until now, I thought you were pretty mamby-pamby about the whole question.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Indy is looking to cut salary (not sure they are but if salary cap drops), we can take him into our capspace this offseason, he's making $7 mil next season. They'll also send us a 2nd to do it. He shot 44% from 3.

Ya he’s a cheaper version of Harris. Yup 44.5 career best this year. Under the radar trade for us because he’s gonna open things up for everyone.

• Premium Member

Always been a McBuckets fan, here, going back to when I wanted to draft him.

Not a fan of making any trades right now, though, or at least not anything involving any of our young under-25 pieces; and I'm fairly certain those are the only pieces that anyone would consider worth trading for.

Having said that, there is one kind of trade that could be appealing though--if we happen to win the #1 slot, in theory, we maybe could trade down with someone and get both a 5-7 yr vet and their first round draft slot.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

But he’s a hellavu long story writer! A novelist if you will.

At this point would be very willing to settle for a novella or two or three or....you know.

• Premium Member

Is there such a thing as a audio-gif? If so, I want to make it so any time someone reads my posts, the theme from Gone with the Wind pops up as background music.

More seriously, not so long ago we had the William F Buckley sidebar... and I still hold to the conviction that too many of you young folks have disturbingly short attentions spans, given how much whining I've gotten through the years about word count... and given that it's only natural that it takes some words to develop a coherent argument... as it did for WFB.

But I'll grant you, this isn't the only group of young folks with disturbingly short attentions spans who've whined. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sturt said:

Is there such a thing as a audio-gif? If so, I want to make it so any time someone reads my posts, the theme from Gone with the Wind pops up as background music.

More seriously, not so long ago we had the William F Buckley sidebar... and I still hold to the conviction that too many of you young folks have disturbingly short attentions spans, given how much whining I've gotten through the years about word count... and given that it's only natural that it takes some words to develop a coherent argument... as it did for WFB.

But I'll grant you, this isn't the only group of young folks with disturbingly short attentions spans who've whined. 😄

Instead of bashing the poor ADD kids maybe a visit to this place instead. Just add .com to the pic.

IWSG.jpg

• Haha 2

hace 5 horas, Spud2nique dijo:

Doug McDermott 

Thoughts?

There is a reason he does not start at Indiana over players like Lamb, Harris is a starter on the league, McDermott is not, he is not s good defender

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Instead of bashing the poor ADD kids maybe a visit to this place instead. Just add .com to the pic.

IWSG.jpg

Umm. Insecure? That's an interesting adjective, but not sure how that one fits. Maybe "insecure" in the thought that maybe I didn't say enough to support a conclusion I'd reached??? If that's where you're going, yeah, I suppose so. But ya gotta understand--this is a tough crowd. It's all I can do to even be taken seriously around here, let alone get someone to concede even a minor point. 🙂

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

McDermott is not, he is not s good defender

Yep. Role player, unless he's surrounded by other elite defenders. But then again, every successful team needs a few of those. He could fill a Mike Scott in-his-prime role for us, if he ever ended up in ATL.

• Like 1