• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

Obi Toppin now has the Wooden Award to go along with the Naismith Award and Karl Malone Award so big honors for him in a season that was pretty weird even before the cancellation. Interesting guy especially if you like players that can score from anywhere on the floor. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881725-daytons-obi-toppin-wins-2020-wooden-award-over-luka-garza-more 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Obi Toppin now has the Wooden Award to go along with the Naismith Award and Karl Malone Award so big honors for him in a season that was pretty weird even before the cancellation. Interesting guy especially if you like players that can score from anywhere on the floor. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881725-daytons-obi-toppin-wins-2020-wooden-award-over-luka-garza-more 

What's the difference between him and Thomas Robinson?

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What's the difference between him and Thomas Robinson?

A quality rotation player that will get minutes and I think will be a plus player with his time on the floor and hit from anywhere. Still look at him as a backup with good minutes type of PF at some point though and not a starter. That would be fine for us with JC who I want here no matter what. Scoring from all over as well as "and ones" will help the bench. Like others worry about how much he can improve his D. Don't see TS taking him myself unless he slides and it is a trade down because of it but would understand at #5 as well. Would hope we can grab someone later in the round too with a trade. As for a Thomas Robinson comparison in particular don't know if he ever took a three pointer in his life or not. Moving forward.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

A quality rotation player that will get minutes and I think will be a plus player with his time on the floor and hit from anywhere. Still look at him as a backup with good minutes type of PF at some point though and not a starter. That would be fine for us with JC who I want here no matter what. Scoring from all over as well as "and ones" will help the bench. Like others worry about how much he can improve his D. Don't see TS taking him myself unless he slides and it is a trade down because of it but would understand at #5  as well. Would hope we can grab someone later in the round too with a trade. As for a Thomas Robinson comparison in particular don't know if he ever took a three pointer in his life or not. Moving forward.

I agree with your assessment overall.  I think what you've described is what a team would want out of a late 1st rounder.  The guy we're talking about is getting buzz as a top-5 pick.

So I'll re-state my point about this draft ..... yikes on yikes on yikes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So I'll re-state my point about this draft ..... yikes on yikes on yikes

Agreed, pretty dismal overall but think several guys going mid and late first round could help the rotation in particular with scoring but those cats will not get hardly any minutes this next season. Believe secondary assets would be ok to trade for a spot there but again it is a move for the future and that mysterious FA has got to be signed in both this year's window and next in my view. Even with this draft list would like a pair of picks and don't think it would mortgage anything.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That would be fine for us with JC who I want here no matter what

I agree here. We have a special talent here in Collins. 20/10 nightly is hard to find. Not to mention somebody with his hops and versatility. We have to realize what we have in John and try to get the best out of what he can provide for us if that makes sense.

Usually you have to trade talent to get talent but in this case I don’t think I want to entertain trading him. Hope we can keep him here on a fair contract for both sides soon. He’s on the rise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree here. We have a special talent here in Collins. 20/10 nightly is hard to find. Not to mention somebody with his hops and versatility. We have to realize what we have in John and try to get the best out of what he can provide for us if that makes sense.

Usually you have to trade talent to get talent but in this case I don’t think I want to entertain trading him. Hope we can keep him here on a fair contract for both sides soon. He’s on the rise.

In Hazerbeamlandia, there are 2 "untouchables": Ice Trés and J-Bap. They're our Nash/Amare, Stockton/Malone, Parker/Duncan. Everyone else is tradeable for the right piece(s).

At 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan, Obi SHOULD be able to defend. Word is he doesn't. Would be Whorefart-esque and worthy of top 5 pick if that were the case. As it's not, he'll still prolly go too high (top 5), but I'd slot him around 10th.

Dude will be a nickname bonanza 👏

• Like 2

Finally got a look at Killian Hayes recently. Kind of convinced that if he eventually shoots, he'll be a top 5 player in this weak draft. 

He wouldn't be the best fit here, but if he were the pick, the idea would be that he'd be a Harden in OKC/Manu/D'Angelo Russell type off the bench (that was who the guy that did the video compared him to) type to develop and potentially maybe use as a trade asset (or maybe make others on the team a trade asset).

Still like, given that we might end up going without a veteran PG, looking at Tyrese Haliburton more. If that kid's shot translates, I really could see him being that glue guy type that doesn't need the ball to impact winning and he's a little older. Probable bench player in this case, but would make more sense as a 25-30 MPG player. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

His upside is not as high as some others, but Isaac Okoro would be be a nice fit. Great, versatile defender, and doesn't need the ball on offense. He's an alpha type competitive guy too, which we need more of quite frankly.

How come everyone loves these non shooters?  We already have Bembry why do we want more?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sure about that?  LP loves the guy!

RFA, depends on other bids. With C El-P screaming that shooting needs to step up, they won't match an overpay. He's also the last of the Pudendolzer holdovers 👋