• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Who is this guy?  All this sounds like is well-crafted guessing meant to make us believe he has insight.

"NBC Sports_Chicago"?  Run out of craptastic Bulls stories to write?

:laugh:.

Unlike last year's draft when we knew the Hawks were more than likely to draft wings, this year is a crap shoot in terms of position - it could be any position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

NBC Sports_Chicago"?  Run out of craptastic Bulls stories to write?

Oh no 🤦‍♀️ if you are questioning this guy’s credibility then Sturt is gonna yell at him to get off his lawn.

The Bulls are toast for a while.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

4. Hawks - Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State

Height: 6’5” | Weight: 175 | Age: 20 | Sophomore

The Hawks got better results out of Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter as the season went on, and enter this draft sans a specific positional need after trading for Clint Capela. Haliburton makes for an interesting fit here as someone who can help Trae Young grease the wheels offensively. He’s at his best when accessorizing others, and the type of ball-moving glue that could be impactful just about anywhere, particularly on teams that already have an array of pieces in place for the long-term. His ability to play off the ball makes him an ostensibly better fit than LaMelo Ball. Isaac Okoro also makes sense here from a defensive standpoint, but given the Hawks invested heavily at forward last year, in this scenario they go a different direction. This is also a juncture where it might make sense to explore trading down.

Haliburton’s unorthodox shooting mechanics may cap his upside as an individual scorer, but his shot goes in, and he’s made progress. He has a way of greasing the wheels and increasing a team’s sustainable offensive tempo without needing to do anything outside his comfort zone. Atlanta needs to find a way to play sustainably fast, and figure out how to assemble a workable defense to cover for Young. Haliburton may not save a franchise by himself, and this is the very top of his range, but basketball is more fun with friends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can someone help me out here. I’m not sure if it’s being bottled up for a while or I’m actually thinking this works.

I’m starting to... no I can’t ... but I..

I really don’t want to feel this way. I honestly wish I never even had feelings for him but..

I’m starting to fall in love with LaMelo Ball. Am I crazy? I dislike his dad but I can’t hold that against him. 

If we pick around 3-5 and he’s there and he’s the BPA, is it crazy to have a starting backcourt of Trae and Ball?

For dudes like @capstone21 and others who don’t like small backcourts won’t have to worry because Ball is 6’6”, he’s the size of a shooting guard. Running two point guards with elite vision, it could be ya starting a new trend. 

Think about it, has there ever been a backcourt in NBA history which features two elite passers? That would be a first and we would be trend setters.

Lineup:

Trae/Ball/Cam/Collins/Capela

or

Trae/Ball/Cam/Hunter/Collins

Having two elite point guards in a backcourt would be pretty awesome. Having said that, both guys would have to accept less stats on dimes but would equate to more wins and possibly a blueprint others will want to follow.

@kg01i may be losing it. Two point guards! That’s two, so not 1 or 3 but..2 point guards in the same backcourt.

spud 🥔 dreams ... #Magiczeke #2pgs #ballboy # 👯‍♀️thang 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can someone help me out here. I’m not sure if it’s being bottled up for a while or I’m actually thinking this works.

I’m starting to... no I can’t ... but I..

I really don’t want to feel this way. I honestly wish I never even had feelings for him but..

I’m starting to fall in love with LaMelo Ball. Am I crazy? I dislike his dad but I can’t hold that against him. 

If we pick around 3-5 and he’s there and he’s the BPA, is it crazy to have a starting backcourt of Trae and Ball?

For dudes like @capstone21 and others who don’t like small backcourts won’t have to worry because Ball is 6’6”, he’s the size of a shooting guard. Running two point guards with elite vision, it could be ya starting a new trend. 

Think about it, has there ever been a backcourt in NBA history which features two elite passers? That would be a first and we would be trend setters.

Lineup:

Trae/Ball/Cam/Collins/Capela

or

Trae/Ball/Cam/Hunter/Collins

Having two elite point guards in a backcourt would be pretty awesome. Having said that, both guys would have to accept less stats on dimes but would equate to more wins and possibly a blueprint others will want to follow.

@kg01i may be losing it. Two point guards! That’s two, so not 1 or 3 but..2 point guards in the same backcourt.

spud 🥔 dreams ... #Magiczeke #2pgs #ballboy # 👯‍♀️thang 

You're not losing it (yet), but you also have to understand that one knock on Ball is he shies away from contact.  And he's not a great shooter.  He's kinda like a weak, non-defending, smaller version of Ben Simmons.

I like his playmaking but, other than that, there's not a lotta meat on that bone imho.  Literally and figuratively.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're not losing it (yet), but you also have to understand that one knock on Ball is he shies away from contact.  And he's not a great shooter.  He's kinda like a weak, non-defending, smaller version of Ben Simmons.

I like his playmaking but, other than that, there's not a lotta meat on that bone imho.  Literally and figuratively.

He sounds like a certain 🦆 named Marvin I knew back in 2005. 😢 Good lookin out. But seriously why haven’t any genius NBA executives tried out the 2 brilliant pg trick? They’ve just about done everything else. Twin towers (Ralph n Dream) (Admiral Timmy) but never the 2 look 👀 pg. I mean think about it, everyone says there’s one ball (no pun intended) and I agree, but that’s on a shot, nobody says you can’t have multiple talented guards swinging it right to left out there. Surround them with the Cams, Collins and Hunters of the world and it may be fun.

But I’ll take ur word that Ball is as fragile as Tmac’s ghost 👻

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He could be another Shaun Livingston.  Solid pro.

That’s what I was gonna ask my twin Peo, a bust completely like Yinka Dare or a bust for where he was selected like say....the aforementioned 🦆 named Marv? 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shaun Livingston

Funny you mention Shaun to Peoria. Send the player home 👶!!! 🥳 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He could be another Shaun Livingston.  Solid pro.

He would have to improve on so many things just to be a solid pro. He can't shoot, He is reckless with the ball, His decision making ability is suspect, He plays no defense, and has a psychotic father.  He isn't an off the ball player period.  Let him be someone else's Josh Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He would have to improve on so many things just to be a solid pro. He can't shoot, He is reckless with the ball, His decision making ability is suspect, He plays no defense, and has a psychotic father.  He isn't an off the ball player period.  Let him be someone else's Josh Jackson.

Yeah I'm not all that high on him. He's the type of player you'd have to build around.  Can't be a piece, which is what we need.

Lastly the back and forth between you, @Spud2nique and me is gonna get super confusing once I adopt the same avatar. 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I'm not all that high on him. He's the type of player you'd have to build around.  Can't be a piece, which is what we need.

Lastly the back and forth between you, @Spud2nique and me is gonna get super confusing once I adopt the same avatar. 🤠

Triplets??? 🤨 🤷‍♀️ what the hell! 😆 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, Spud2nique said:

Would you trade a top 5 pick plus either Huerter or Capela for one of these guys?

Ben Simmons

Bradley Beal

Victor Oladipo

Devin Booker

Joel Embiid

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk @marco102 @JTB and others, thoughts?

Good question. Yes I would trade that for Booker, Phoenix and Philadelphia would want a lot more. Joel Embiid is intriguing but the injury history would be a concern.  LP would definitely be good for him though. Simmons, Oladipo, and Beal definitely not. Beal and Booker have similar games but Beal is too small for a shooting guard. Simmons just doesn't fit and I'm not a fan of Oladipo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like Edward and Wiseman. LaMelo and Deni are growing on me. I would try to trade the pick for an established player if I could.

• Like 1

Wiseman or Okoro  for me right now. (It depends on where we pick).Wiseman could learn from Capela, and take over when Clints contract expires....Okoro, because we need as many  young wing defenders as possible with Trae(Okoro could take over Bembry/Graham role from day 1)........Sign a backup pg, sf, and pf, in FA

Edited by terrell