• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

Peoriabird, do you really want to be a GM who has to tell his fan base that their top 3 draft pick isn't good enough for playing team immediately. 

30 minutes ago, TRW said:

Peoriabird, do you really want to be a GM who has to tell his fan base that their top 3 draft pick isn't good enough for playing team immediately. 

If the gm is worried about that, he should be fired.

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If the gm is worried about that, he should be fired.

This wouldn't bother me in the slightest for him to come off the bench to start next season.  Marvin Bagley has started a total of 10 games in his career.  Brandon Ingram came off the bench 39 times as a rookie.  Jaylen Brown came off the bench 58 times.  This happens because these guys are young.  It's not an insult when you've got talent who has already made the adjustment to the NBA starting ahead of you to begin your NBA career.  

If we took him and Edwards emerges quickly as a star, he will earn a starting spot pretty quickly too.  Then we'll have a tough decision what to do with Cam, Kevin and Hunter depending on how they play.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

This wouldn't bother me in the slightest for him to come off the bench to start next season.  Marvin Bagley has started a total of 10 games in his career.  Brandon Ingram came off the bench 39 times as a rookie.  Jaylen Brown came off the bench 58 times.  This happens because these guys are young.  It's not an insult when you've got talent who has already made the adjustment to the NBA starting ahead of you to begin your NBA career.  

If we took him and Edwards emerges quickly as a star, he will earn a starting spot pretty quickly too.  Then we'll have a tough decision what to do with Cam, Kevin and Hunter depending on how they play.

Exactly. I like the trio of KevCamHunt, but like I said previously, none of them have busted on the scene like Trae and even John to make me 100% confident that they can be THAT guy on the wing next to Trae.

I have high hopes for them, but none of them should prevent TS from drafting BPA of it's a wing player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, TRW said:

If there is no one in front of him that is better then no but if you have a near all star at the position who is better right now then yes

• Premium Member

More from the article:

I’d want as many cost-controlled, young players as possible for when Young enters his prime in the next few years. That will free the team up to make more moves on the margins to surround him with the talent they need to be competitive.

Now, if a team comes over the top and offers a ton of value for their pick? I absolutely think the Hawks should be willing to entertain that sort of deal. And every deal that Schlenk and company should make should have an eye on the future. The Capela deal is a prime example. He helps them now, but more than that he is signed for three additional years at a very reasonable price.

But I just categorically disagree with any moves that attempt to “win now and only now” when the team’s star player is still just 21 years old.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You are 2/3 right. Cam showed me at the end. He’s in for me. Still though BPA we are building.

-Not Supes 

Finally listened to the Hawk-related draft stuff on NBA radio.

They had us pegged pretty well.  Awful defense.  Trae is an answer offensively but kills your defense.  They assumed we're paying Collins just hope it'll be less than max.  An Aaron Gordon type deal.

Neither were high on Heurter.  Spatola really didn't like him.  Iirc said something about his ceiling being kinda low, which is why they figured wangs may still be on the menu in atlanta draft wise.

Said we'd likely be out of top 4 so no Edwards. Ball would be a disaster, ball dominant and no defense (called him a contentious objector on d).

Don't tell supes but they love Okoro for us.  Like okongwu to add to big man rotation.  Like toppin but admit he duplicates Collins but has even less lateral abilities defensively (yuk).

Don't like Wiseman much for us.  Actually didn't seem to like him much at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah, they were really low on Hunter.  Said he's not an nba level athlete so that's why he struggled to be the defender we expected.  That's a gut punch but I thought he was pretty solid for a rookie.

Both agreed reddish eclipsed him by later in the season.  Called cam clearly our best defender, offense improving.

That's news because, although spatola is a duke guy, he has not been a cam fan.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Finally listened to the Hawk-related draft stuff on NBA radio.

They had us pegged pretty well.  Awful defense.  Trae is an answer offensively but kills your defense.  They assumed we're paying Collins just hope it'll be less than max.  An Aaron Gordon type deal.

Neither were high on Heurter.  Spatola really didn't like him.  Iirc said something about his ceiling being kinda low, which is why they figured wangs may still be on the menu in atlanta draft wise.

Said we'd likely be out of top 4 so no Edwards. Ball would be a disaster, ball dominant and no defense (called him a contentious objector on d).

Don't tell supes but they love Okoro for us.  Like okongwu to add to big man rotation.  Like toppin but admit he duplicates Collins but has even less lateral abilities defensively (yuk).

Don't like Wiseman much for us.  Actually didn't seem to like him much at all.

Did they mention Deni, Killian or Haliburton for us? 

Guess it depends where we land. I’d still take Okoro I’m not saying I wouldn’t, just not in the top 5 for me. 

Are the Sixers moving forward with Embiid or Simmons it can’t be both. Comon somebody get disgruntled soon we need a trade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Did they mention Deni, Killian or Haliburton for us? 

Guess it depends where we land. I’d still take Okoro I’m not saying I wouldn’t, just not in the top 5 for me. 

Are the Sixers moving forward with Embiid or Simmons it can’t be both. Comon somebody get disgruntled soon we need a trade.

Oh yeah, they mentioned Deni for us too.  Said he's a good defender, good passer, can't shoot.  Bad free throw shooter which is a red flag.

Smells like Diaw to me.  He picked a great year to declare imho, doesn't sound like a high level prospect to me.  More like just a solid player.  Remember how hyped Saric was, but now we see he's decent but not great.  I kinda expect similar from the Deni guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

4t. Aleksej Pokusevski, Olympiacos B – Aleksej has a very low floor with a very high ceiling, the closest international prospect to The Unicorn. The style of play will remind you of Keith Van Horn. His athleticism for his size is special. He needs tremendous growth and coaching. 

@NBASupes How do you like the fit? If he’s KVH, I like the fit with Trae a lot! If he’s Bargnani I don’t. KVH was tougher than people remember. He wasn’t as soft as you think. Where would you take this cat Supes?

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I stayed up last night breaking down film 🎞 on prospects. Yes I know all the info is out there from people who have broken it down before ( it like Supes type  informed people but they newbies) but needed my own 👀...

1. Onyeka Okongwu 

2. Anthony Edwards

3. Killian Hayes

4. Devin Vassell (trade down)

5. Aaron Nesmith (trade down)

6. Cole Anthony (trade down)

7. Tre Jones (trade down)

8. Isaac Okoro (trade down)

9. Tyrese Haliburton (trade down)

10. Patrick Williams (trade down)

Subject to change but these guys fit us and are solid imo.

I would put Wiseman in there somewhere regardless of fit. To much talent to pass on.

• Thanks 1