• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

Ok stay with me on this (or don’t 🤷‍♀️) Schlenk went through it with the Scrubbies having the splash 💦 brothers! Two guys that could shoot the lights out. What if Schlenk wants his own chemistry 🧪 experiment and 🔬 turns us into the PASS BROTHERS!!!

With the next pick the Atlanta Hawks select:

LAMELO BALL!

Steph+Klay= splash brothers

Trae+Lamelo=Pass brothers 

By the way I have copyrights on this I don’t need anyone (cough cough) putting these in a t shirt in a few months!  If you do though, makem neat! Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae+Lamelo=Pass brothers 

By the way I have copyrights on this I don’t need anyone (cough cough) putting these in a t shirt in a few months!  If you do though, makem neat! Thanks!

Updated copyright...

The Dime brothers! 😮 😉 

Underdog, put it on a t shirt 👕!!!

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Vassell is a wasted pick in my eyes. The last thing we need another SG who can defend 3s but is offensively has limitations. Teams who need 3&D SG's are teams who have a wing who's an exceptional scorer and passer. A perfect fit for Vassell is Dallas. Teams like us, you need to be able to dribble, pass, shoot, and create on a dime as a SG which is most NBA teams. Vassell is limited. If Vassell was 6'8 220 with the same EXACT skill-set, he would be my #1 guy on my draft board. SF's who are 3&Ds are critical and so freaking hard to find. 

@Spud2nique Edited. I had a couple of typos. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Spud2nique Edited. I had a couple of typos. 

Wait if he was 25 pounds heavier and an inch taller? Wow 😯, that’s saying a lot. I like his feel for the game and his ability to nail shots from downtown. But I think like you and kg, well I think you, I’d rather go (Okongwu/Wiseman/Toppin) than supposedly wings we have in Cam and Hunter. Specially since it seems like a top heavy bigs draft outside of 🐜 man being #1. 

Ya you may be right though, he’s more suited for a 2014 Spurs type team that had a great wing in Kawhi already and he just comes in gunning off the bench.

Please don’t say Dallas 🤮 no more help for Luka lol. He’s turning into my modern day Curry 🍛. 🤦‍♀️ 

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait if he was 25 pounds heavier and an inch taller? Wow 😯, that’s saying a lot. I like his feel for the game and his ability to nail shots from downtown. But I think like you and kg, well I think you, I’d rather go (Okongwu/Wiseman/Toppin) than supposedly wings we have in Cam and Hunter. Specially since it seems like a top heavy bigs draft outside of 🐜 man being #1. 

Ya you may be right though, he’s more suited for a 2014 Spurs type team that had a great wing in Kawhi already and he just comes in gunning off the bench.

Please don’t say Dallas 🤮 no more help for Luka lol. He’s turning into my modern day Curry 🍛. 🤦‍♀️ 

Yeah. From his body type, we are looking at 200-205 max. He would be perfect on that squad, they had his protege in Danny Green starting at SG. Vassell would be huge for Dallas. 

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

On my boy Gwu (seriously @hazer can we call him 👑 Kong?) a lil throwback comparison to what I think this cat resembles or might in the future. 

OG throwback comparison’s by Spud:

Okongwu remind me of:

Physicality:

Laphonso Ellis

Antonio McDyess

Kmart

Finesse game reminds me of:

Webber

Juwon Howard

Blake Griffin (a smarter Blake)

I dunno, this guy has IT factor. I can look at all the numbers all day and watch clips but so far in this draft, this kid steals my eye 👁 test.

Kong is a LOT better than 'Gwu 🏆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Big O

Supes are you Ken(dall)? 😂 He actually uses Big O for Kong or Gwu 😂.

I don’t like these guys play comparisons. Except it’s weird before even seeing this I likened Okongwu to McDyess, a name hadn’t seen him compared to before until I saw this. Like one guy compares Haliburton to Hinrich? 🤔 

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes are you Ken(dall)? 😂 He actually uses Big O for Kong or Gwu 😂.

I don’t like these guys play comparisons. Except it’s weird before even seeing this I likened Okongwu to McDyess, a name hadn’t seen him compared to before until I saw this. Like one guy compares Haliburton to Hinrich? 🤔 

No and I don't liken Okongwu to Mcdyess. No one who plays modern plays like McDyess anymore 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like the simple Big O. It's easy and not quite so offensive. 

Too many O's it could refer to though: Obi, Okongwu, Okoro, Oturo, OMG it's the Year of the O 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm gonna forgive the ... heh ... offense but Oscar Robertson is the Big O and don't none-a y'all ever forget it.

Back on track, a couple random notes from yesterday's draft show...

On Duke's draftees, Cassius Stanley, Vernon Carey, Tre(?) Jones

- Both agreed Cassisus Stanley had the highest ceiling as a pro, which is odd considering the other two had the higher profile as recruits

- Carey plays with no joy.  Their description of his game reminded me of Greg Monroe, basically (yuk).  Plays no D.  Typical dinosaur big (my words, not theirs).  Poor man's Okafor (again, that's my words).

Sidenote: A guy on a Hawks podcast said he liked Carey for us. I immediately turned the interview off because that proved I was listening to a buffoon.

- Jones will be just like his brother.  Likely have a long career but mainly a backup

On Cole Anthony

- Tunnel vision as a scorer.  People say he played that way because he was on a bad UNC team.  The hosts agreed the team wasn't great but that doesn't mean you have to come down, dribble 25 seconds off the clock, make no passes, then jak up a contested shot. - iirc, Fran literally said that (ha).

Sidenote: I read another scathing review of Anthony that suggested he's going to struggle playing in the league because he feasted on poor talent to build his rep and was older than the comp in HS/AAU.

That seems a little strong but the legitimate criticisms of him render him undraftable for us, imho.  One point the show hammers on is that you can't fake production.  Citing Trae as an example (put up 30 and 10 asts in college), they said that's not something you do with smoke/mirrors so folks should've known Trae would be an offensive threat in the league.  On Anthony, there's talent there to score but he doesn't get others involved and doesn't defend.

On team needs, they talked DET.  Said they need errythang.  Recommended Ball for them.  Said they gotta re-sign Wood.

Interestingly the Duke guy Spatola went after another former Duke in Luke Kennard.  Said he doesn't think he'll be any better than he was this year.  Man that guy's hard on ... certain types of players.  Went after Heurter the other day too.  Hmmm .... let's just say he's probably not a fan of the way the Mavs are building their team. 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm gonna forgive the ... heh ... offense but Oscar Robertson is the Big O and don't none-a y'all ever forget it.

Back on track, a couple random notes from yesterday's draft show...

On Duke's draftees, Cassius Stanley, Vernon Carey, Tre(?) Jones

- Both agreed Cassisus Stanley had the highest ceiling as a pro, which is odd considering the other two had the higher profile as recruits

- Carey plays with no joy.  Their description of his game reminded me of Greg Monroe, basically (yuk).  Plays no D.  Typical dinosaur big (my words, not theirs).  Poor man's Okafor (again, that's my words).

Sidenote: A guy on a Hawks podcast said he liked Carey for us. I immediately turned the interview off because that proved I was listening to a buffoon.

- Jones will be just like his brother.  Likely have a long career but mainly a backup

On Cole Anthony

- Tunnel vision as a scorer.  People say he played that way because he was on a bad UNC team.  The hosts agreed the team wasn't great but that doesn't mean you have to come down, dribble 25 seconds off the clock, make no passes, then jak up a contested shot. - iirc, Fran literally said that (ha).

Sidenote: I read another scathing review of Anthony that suggested he's going to struggle playing in the league because he feasted on poor talent to build his rep and was older than the comp in HS/AAU.

That seems a little strong but the legitimate criticisms of him render him undraftable for us, imho.  One point the show hammers on is that you can't fake production.  Citing Trae as an example (put up 30 and 10 asts in college), they said that's not something you do with smoke/mirrors so folks should've known Trae would be an offensive threat in the league.  On Anthony, there's talent there to score but he doesn't get others involved and doesn't defend.

On team needs, they talked DET.  Said they need errythang.  Recommended Ball for them.  Said they gotta re-sign Wood.

Interestingly the Duke guy Spatola went after another former Duke in Luke Kennard.  Said he doesn't think he'll be any better than he was this year.  Man that guy's hard on ... certain types of players.  Went after Heurter the other day too.  Hmmm .... let's just say he's probably not a fan of the way the Mavs are building their team. 😏

🤣

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, Supes says poor man’s Ewing or early stages of raw Ewing and Camp says David Robinson? 

😐 I may have to look at Wiseman some more... don’t even tease me guys. Ewing and the Admiral were no joke.

This is a pretty good scouting report. It shows why everyone is so high and also shows why he's a 2 year project.  Specifically, look late in the video when they talk about his rebounding in traffic. The secret to this skill is starting with high hands so you have a short distance to react to the bounce of the ball. This method requires soft hands above the basket to tap the ball into a space you can easily gather. This one aspect of his game is pro level and directly mirrors Robinson. His mid range shot is a bit broken because he shoots on the hang and not the lift but with taller defenders he'll adjust eventually. But if you see how he gathers and moves without the ball, this is pretty much non-existent in 7 footers. He can catch on the move full speed pretty much anywhere on the court and has shown some open court passing ability while on the move as well.  Both are seen in the above video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No one who plays modern plays like McDyess anymore

Seems like a generalized blanket statement. We can compare players from the past but not McDyess? 

Mcdyess 🤔 

Supes you got a problem with Antonio? 

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Too many O's it could refer to though: Obi, Okongwu, Okoro, Oturo, OMG it's the Year of the O 😲

I agree and a slap 👋 in Oscar’s face. 🦍 King Kong ain’t got nuttin on thissssssssssssss! -Denz

• Haha 1