• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He does have stans. All players on local boards do. That's fine. Some would say I am a Cam Reddish stan and others would say I am a Trae Young stan. I would agree. Why? Because I am a Hawks stan and I am extremely defensive. 

Not really.  A 'stan' is someone who's irrational.  I think we're all hopeful, not irrational.  That's not being a stan, imho.

I'd say you're a stan to your own opinions.  You won't accept that there could be a different view on things you're passionate about.  

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not really.  A 'stan' is someone who's irrational.  I think we're all hopeful, not irrational.  That's not being a stan, imho.

I'd say you're a stan to your own opinions.  You won't accept that there could be a different view on things you're passionate about.  

Are you saying you think I am irrational? 

irrational - not logical or reasonable

Is this correct kg01? 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Are you saying you think I am irrational? 

irrational - not logical or reasonable

Is this correct kg01? 

He said the way he understands the word “stan” he sees you calling people on the site irrational and calling yourself that.  He doesn’t think that label fits.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was the poster above you who said Barkley and Collins are the only players to do this. I was like great but that doesn't make him a talent like Barkley which he's indirectly trying to ensue. 

I said John was the second player to accomplish such an efficient 20/10 season and mentioned who the other one was because it would be dumb not to. I wasn't comparing him to Barkley. I don't make silly comparisons like you do. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He said the way he understands the word “stan” he sees you calling people on the site irrational and calling yourself that.  He doesn’t think that label fits.

When I think of the word stan, I just think of an extremely passionate fanatic who's more favorable of his guys or team. Definitely not someone that lacks logic or rationality. I know I am more favorable to my guys. People don't watch us play with strong ass opinions. 

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

I said John was the second player to accomplish such an efficient 20/10 season and mentioned who the other one was because it would be dumb not to. I wasn't comparing him to Barkley.

I don't make silly comparisons like you do. 

My apology. I mistook what you meant by that statement. It seemed you were trying to discredit me and big up John as this next Barkley type. I disavowed both statements. 

That's your personal opinion. Just thinking John would be worth close to the max or the max is a foolish statement to me for us. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I think of the word stan, I just think of an extremely passionate fanatic who's more favorable of his guys or team. Definitely not someone that lacks logic or rationality. I know I am more favorable to my guys. People don't watch us play with strong ass opinions. 

You guys use the word differently.  A lot of people use that as an insult for someone who can’t be logical about their guy.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My apology. I mistook what you meant by that statement. It seemed you were trying to discredit me and big up John as this next Barkley type. I disavowed both statements. 

That's your personal opinion. Just thinking John would be worth close to the max or the max is a foolish statement to me for us. 

Well, I was trying to discredit you. Just not with a Barkley comparison. 😂

• Premium Member

I don't think anyone thinks John is all world-allstar, but when when you make asinine comparisons like Josh Smith and Tyson Chandler because you've  'soured' on John but prop up guys who you deem as your 'impact guys' like Harrell who you said led the Clippers (that's laughable) and that's where you lose credibility in your general assessments.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think anyone thinks John is all world-allstar, but when when you make asinine comparisons like Josh Smith and Tyson Chandler because you've  'soured' on John but prop up guys who you deem as your 'impact guys' like Harrell who you said led the Clippers (that's laughable) and that's where you lose credibility in your general assessments.

Why?

What has John showed us impact wise compared to Harrell? Harrell doesn't buy it either. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think anyone has said John should get a max.

I have said if the CHOICE is paying John a max at $28mil  vs paying Harrell $22mil or paying Hayward $30 mil....I'm paying John.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why?

What has John showed us impact wise compared to Harrell? Harrell doesn't buy it either. 

NBA2K :lmao:.

In a relatively short 3 year career at 22, more than Harrell did his 1st 3.

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

Remember when Collins bodied the Clippers because Doc rode Harrell in the 2nd half instead of playing Zubac? I remember.

Hmmm, maybe the great Harrell didn't play that night?  ETA: Maybe it was 'cause Trae went off again?  Let's check the tape ...

O0oo0.gif

Yes, yes, it was just one game.  Still.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

How Lou Williams became a playmaker in his 20th season is beyond me lol.

Didnt know Trae and John finished 14th and 15th respectively in PER tho.  Not a PER dude but still a nice little nug.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Article on why we should target Bertans as a FA.

Bertans, and current Hawks point guard Trae Young, are among the league leaders in three-point field goals filtered through shot distance. This season alone, which didn’t even run its full course due to the coronavirus, Young and Bertans combined for 56 three-pointers from outside of 30 feet.

Their combined percentages? A remarkable 42.7 percent.

Head coach Lloyd Pierce could initiate the offense from 35 feet from the basket, early in the clock, by simply having Bertans coming up and setting a (very) high screen for Young, allowing the Hawks to play off of how the defense reacts.

Given the duo’s significant range, two defenders will have to stretch out, finding themselves an entire end zone away from the basket. Back off too much from either Bertans and Young, and both become a shooting threat. Play them too tightly, Young especially, and they’ll get a step on the defender and suddenly the Hawks will find themselves playing 4-on-3 basketball.

Naturally, this would only be a gimmick play-call in a larger system of opportunities. Bertans, as he already does now in Washington, moves around off the ball a ton, but does so without overthinking how far away from the basket he is. He’ll run into three-pointers that are a good three or four feet behind the long line and shoot the same shot every single time.

Pairing Young and Bertans would give the Hawks two of the most volatile long-range shooters in NBA history, playing at such vastly different positions, opposing teams would struggle to find adequate defensive combos to contain them.

The presence of such a duo on the floor would only help other Hawks, such as John Collins and De’Andre Hunter, who will have plenty of space (and kick-out opportunities) to operate with. Double-teaming Collins with help off of either Bertans or Young’s man is a quick recipe for disaster. Single coverage on Collins isn’t necessarily better given his expanding offensive game (21.6 points, TS% of 65.9).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mortenjensen/2020/05/23/the-atlanta-hawks-could-change-basketball-if-they-sign-davis-bertans/amp/

• Like 2