• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think anyone has said John should get a max.

I have said if the CHOICE is paying John a max at $28mil  vs paying Harrell $22mil or paying Hayward $30 mil....I'm paying John.

I think that is FOOLISH! Bazemore and Hardaway Jr. at 17 foolish. 

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know what I've said that says I dislike Collins when I don't. Continue to troll and put shit in my mouth when I don't do the same for you. 

You said Isaac was better than Collins. No one is trolling but your opinion on this is blasphemy; in the same manner your opinion of Horford being equal to Malone was blasphemy.

Some people here like Collins. Its a fans site. That does not make him any more or less of a good basketball player. Check your over the top responses just because you don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see John’s and Harrell’s cumulative impact being in line with their career WS/48 (.174 and .190), basically identical when you factor in Harrell’s is aided by reserve competition to a degree.  Defensive awareness/ care is holding John back from AS level-.200, rebounding in Harrell’s case, average or below passing for both.  I’d have doubts about the latter’s motor after securing the bag and joining a losing outfit tho.

• Like 1

Whoever this Forbes writer is he really sold me on Bertans even more then I already was. I would give Bertans 20 mil per and not look back . Bertans is quicker, a better dribbler, and great move off the ball player compared to what I originally thought. Previously I thought he was just a great shooter mainly ...didn’t know about all the other things especially the off ball movement! Two things that would make him better in Atlanta instantly...he hasn’t played with an elite playmaker like Trae or elite screener like Collins. He’d be a excellent player in the starting lineup! AUTOMATIC OFFENSE!

Bertans shoots and moves so well he’d force hunter to the bench and Cam starting at SG. Bertans easily avgs 20 points or around it here in Atlanta . Love his hustle as well, maybe not a great defender but has good hustle and good length two things that could go far.

im almost thinking I’d get into a bidding war with the wizards to get bertans...I think he’s more than worth it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mortenjensen/2020/05/23/the-atlanta-hawks-could-change-basketball-if-they-sign-davis-bertans/amp/

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bertans shoots and moves so well he’d force hunter to the bench and Cam starting at SG. Bertans easily avgs 20 points or around it here in Atlanta . Love his hustle as well, maybe not a great defender but has good hustle and good length two things that could go far.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Bertans is not a small forward...He is a 6'10" back up power forward who shoots well from 3 but is a 44.1 percent shooter over all. His career per is around 14 and his other advanced numbers are even worse BPM .9 VORP 1.2  The guy is a good situational player but not a starter and certainly not worth $20 mil per season.  He is 27 years old and has started 32 games in his 4 year career so lets pump the brakes a little on this guy.  He would be a good addition to our bench though at a reasonable price.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Bertans is not a small forward...He is a 6'10" back up power forward who shoots well from 3 but is a 44.1 percent shooter over all. His career per is around 14 and his other advanced numbers are even worse BPM .9 VORP 1.2  The guy is a good situational player but not a starter and certainly not worth $20 mil per season.  He is 27 years old and has started 32 games in his 4 year career so lets pump the brakes a little on this guy.  He would be a good addition to our bench though at a reasonable price.

You’re not bursting my bubble....What’s his minute splits at the forward position?...in the league of no positions I’m just curious is he a PF to you or did he actually play more minutes at PF?

hes a SF in my opinion. Not strong enough to play PF even as a backup.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

You’re not bursting my bubble....What’s his minute splits at the forward position?...in the league of no positions I’m just curious is he a PF to you or did he actually play more minutes at PF?

He still isn't a starter nor is he worth 20 mil per year.  He is a great 3 point shooter and nothing else.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

@Peoriabird never mind I see...well he’s going to get starter money as a backup 4 that’s for sure. I personally wouldn’t mind playing him at the 3 as long as Cam is out there with him at the 2.

either way he’s going to get a lot of money this season. Enough to where he’d likely get some starter minutes on many nights 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He still isn't a starter nor is he worth 20 mil per year.  He is a great 3 point shooter and nothing else.

If JJ Reddick can get 20 someone will pay this man close to 20 as well.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

@Peoriabird never mind I see...well he’s going to get starter money as a backup 4 that’s for sure. I personally wouldn’t mind playing him at the 3 as long as Cam is out there with him at the 2.

either way he’s going to get a lot of money this season. Enough to where he’d likely get some starter minutes on many nights 

I doubt it but if he does, the team that overpays and starts him will suffer in the win category.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

10-12 mil per season.

Lol if anyone gets him at that price it’s a steal for this era of pace and space...spread the floor.

i think his price range is 15-20 mil strictly because of the era he’s playing in  with the love of 3s and all. I will say he comes in at 16.5 or 17 mil for sure and perhaps 20 mil is a overpay depending on the team that gets him.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

Redick got $23 million because it was a one year deal to pry him away from the Clippers. I wouldn’t mind doing a similar deal with Bertans. 

How did that work out for Philly?