• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Moderators

On the substance of this thread, I always thought that article saying that we obviously aren't going to sign a 27 year old because TS said he wanted guys in their mid-20s was a stretch.  The notion seemed to me to be that TS would ideally like to some sign some guys who can continue to grow and that can still apply to some of these 20-somethings.  

On the topic of a large one-year deal, I always liked that a lot for Philly.  Gave them some vet support to improve the team while preserving cap space for bigger acquisitions in the future.  I don't rule that out at all but view it as something that won't be TS's Plan A.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, you always think people who don't fit certain roles fit. I mean always. 

You still Collins can defend in space. 

How does Grant fit a PDS system?

OKC is where he had his best success isn't one at all. 

DEN where he had moderate success is a movement based system and he didn't really have any impact, rocking close to the same WAR as rookie Cam Reddish who was one of the worst players in the NBA for two months. 

So he's suppose to fit a PDS system which is a high volume big man touches system? LOL, stop it 

I’d like to argue that all “fits” don’t happen on paper. It’s a chemistry thing with a good kid coming from a basketball family into our program where we don’t need him to score the ball, he might actually thrive on our squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, it don't work like that. We did this shit with Jabari Parker. Not again

What? Jabari and Grant don’t compare though. Jabari didn’t play a lick of D and was looking to get garbage points. Grant is the EXACT opposite player. He gets his points based off his own hustle, and Trae will set him up nicely for the few shots he will take every game.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’d like to argue that all “fits” don’t happen on paper. It’s a chemistry thing with a good kid coming from a basketball family into our program where we don’t need him to score the ball, he might actually thrive on our squad.

It 

Don't

Work

That

You can see fit. You can't make believe it. 

You can see it a mile away. That's why it's not difficult to project what this team will do in the draft. If you know how we play, you likely know who we will target. We still got posters targeting players that was a good fit for Budball. We still got posters still targeting players like Grant who was a good fit for Woodyball.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What? Jabari and Grant don’t compare though. Jabari didn’t play a lick of D and was looking to get garbage points. Grant is the EXACT opposite player. He gets his points based off his own hustle, and Trae will set him up nicely for the few shots he will take every game.

It's the fit that I am comparing. I don't think you know how we play honestly at this point spud. The Obi thread was where I was skeptical, now I am 90% sure you don't understand how we play. 

Edited by NBASupes

It 

Don't

Work

That

You can see fit. You can't make believe it. 

You can see it a mile away. That's why it's not difficult to project what this team will do in the draft. If you know how we play, you likely know who we will target. We still got posters targeting players that was a good fit for Budball. We still got posters still targeting players like Grant who was a good fit for Woodyball.

Lloyd is a defensive coach. Jerami Grant is a young solid defensive player that doesn’t need the ball in his hands. He can just go get it and be a pest for us on D. I just don’t seem to understand what he does or doesn’t do that makes him a bad fit for us? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We still got posters targeting players that was a good fit for Budball. We still got posters still targeting players like Grant who was a good fit for Woodyball.

Good point. Obi is a Bud type player not Lloyd type. So what you seem to be critiquing others in doing, you are doing yourself. Obi is a classic Bud guy. Let it fly on O and not give a F on D. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Thank You...What did I do or say to him to cause him to respond to me in this manner?

If you can't/won't argue your points then I have to entertain myself. It was a joke, but I knew it wouldn't be taken that way. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, you always think people who don't fit certain roles fit. I mean always. 

You still Collins can defend in space. 

How does Grant fit a PDS system?

OKC is where he had his best success isn't one at all. 

DEN where he had moderate success is a movement based system and he didn't really have any impact, rocking close to the same WAR as rookie Cam Reddish who was one of the worst players in the NBA for two months. 

So he's suppose to fit a PDS system which is a high volume big man touches system? LOL, stop it 

LOL LOL LOL LOL At least look up his numbers before posting gibberish like what I highlighted in bold. You are silly as hell with your luke warm eyes test. what ever that all consumed stat you like is, and then finally to justify anything that stats prove you to be wrong on, you go to fit as a last stand. See Isaac is better than Collins to jog your memory.

His two best seasons where his last two; which is where he found his shooting stroke at. One in OKC and this one in Denver.

2018/19 OKC

.710 FT% and .392 3P%

2019/20 Denver:

.744 FT% and .400 3P%

Career averages:

.666 FT% and .348 3P%

My only worry with Grant is if his shooting stroke reverts back to what it was his first four seasons with the 76ers and Thunder. Otherwise I like him coming off our bench a lot,

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grantje01.html

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's the fit that I am comparing. I don't think you know how we play honestly at this point spud. The Obi thread was where I was skeptical, now I am 90% sure you don't understand how we play. 

I may have some disappointing news for you here. We don’t have a set system or style yet. We are still trying to obtain one for ourselves. A team that wins 20 something games has no scheme/plan that they are sticking to, its constantly changing until the style they adapt starts working to a high level.

Lloyd is a defensive coach. Jerami Grant is a young solid defensive player that doesn’t need the ball in his hands. He can just go get it and be a pest for us on D. I just don’t seem to understand what he does or doesn’t do that makes him a bad fit for us? 🤷‍♀️ 

You don't get it. Our offensive system fit is far more important than our defensive fit. That's literally the case for every NBA team. 

Graham and Tyrone Wallace fit our defensive philosophies and neither are likely to be Hawk next year. 

You gotta fit our offensive philosophy which is most important as the case with any NBA team. 

Its heavy for PDS and movement based players. Which is why our Hampton 5 aka Buckhead 5 is a good lineup for us. 

You don't get it. Our offensive system fit is far more important than our defensive fit. That's literally the case for every NBA team. 

Graham and Tyrone Wallace fit our defensive philosophies and neither are likely to be Hawk next year. 

You gotta fit our offensive philosophy which is most important as the case with any NBA team. 

Its heavy for PDS and movement based players. Which is why our Hampton 5 aka Buckhead 5 is a good lineup for us. 

This is where mistakes happen. You can’t do it like this and limit yourself based on an illusion of the way you think the team plays or their style. You have to be open minded and realize that each player brings something new to the table and that could fit into a puzzle 🧩 in the whole scheme of things.

• Like 2

Good point. Obi is a Bud type player not Lloyd type. So what you seem to be critiquing others in doing, you are doing yourself. Obi is a classic Bud guy. Let it fly on O and not give a F on D. 

Obi is 100% a PDS player as well as Budball, and Woodyball player. His offensive versatility, high BBIQ, excellent movement skills, high skill and talent level fits any and every system. He can go anywhere and be an excellent fit. Defense is where the question lie. That's where some schemes are better than others for him. More so personnel.

For him, a paint protection center is critical for him. He wouldn't fit with Damian Jones. It would be a disaster. He wouldn't fit with Draymond Green. Too small. 

• Confused 1

I would really like to bring back Millsap and go after Bogdanovich from SAC. Millsap would be a tremendous help for Collins and the entire team as well. Millsap is a team first guy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

This is where mistakes happen. You can’t do it like this and limit yourself based on an illusion of the way you think the team plays or their style. You have to be open minded and realize that each player brings something new to the table and that could fit into a puzzle 🧩 in the whole scheme of things.

If you can't select players based on your scheme, you end up signing Alex Len and Jabari Parker.

You want to know why Danny Ferry was elite in FA. He signed players who fit Budball to a T. The issue with Budball is it requires a lot of things that require talented experienced players who are NBA ready. If you are drafting in the back half of a weak draft, it can be hard to draft players for that system.

For this system, it's not easy but it's not exactly difficult either. Patience is needed nonetheless.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

If you can't select players based on your scheme, you end up signing Alex Len and Jabari Parker.

No that’s just because those vet crap vets. This wasn’t based on them not working in our system. They just generally suck as players and will continue to suck no matter where they go. Jerami Grant will not suck. 

Jerami Grant will factor into making plays that don’t show up in the boxscore and help us win. Len will put up better offensive stats but we will end up losing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You want to know why Danny Ferry was elite in FA. He signed players who fit Budball to a T.

And he signed them at a steep discount to boot.  Something Schlenk struggles with. In his defense, LP is the coach and the team has no real system except pick and roll while jack up as many 3's during a game as possible

• Like 1