• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm going to guess Redick had a lot more to do with it than someone who played as many minutes for that team as I did. 

You're referring to the 17-18 season sorry. Bottom line is that the 76'ers winning percentage has been relatively unchanged over the last 3 years with or without Reddick on the team so how important was he?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

Whoever this Forbes writer is he really sold me on Bertans even more then I already was. I would give Bertans 20 mil per and not look back.

Bertans shoots and moves so well he’d force hunter to the bench and Cam starting at SG. Bertans easily avgs 20 points or around it here in Atlanta . Love his hustle as well, maybe not a great defender but has good hustle and good length two things that could go far.

im almost thinking I’d get into a bidding war with the wizards to get bertans.

Bertans is a back PF so he's not supplanting Hunter at starting SF and he's not worth $20 million. 

He tops out at $15 million in a pre-Covid19 cap ($115 mil). Now I would say $12 million.

The Wiz already have $103 million on the books for 20/21. Depending on where the cap falls it'll be interesting to see if they're willing to exceed the cap to resign Bertans and fill out the rest of their roster.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You're referring to the 17-18 season sorry. Bottom line is that the 76'ers winning percentage has been relatively unchanged over the last 3 years with or without Reddick on the team so how important was he?

If you want to talk winning percentage then the year they overpaid Redick is their best since 2001. And they've had a tumultuous season in his absence despite a decent (yet still worse) record. I'm pretty sure everyone in Philly wishes he was still on the team. You're not helping your case.

But in your misguided desire to be dismissive you've wandered away from the original point. Redick undeniably helped the Sixers go from a rebuilding team to a playoff team. If Bertans did the same for us then he would be well worth a 1-year overpay. 

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

But in your misguided desire to be dismissive you've wandered away from the original point. Redick undeniably helped the Sixers go from a rebuilding team to a playoff team. If Bertans did the same for us then he would be well worth a 1-year overpay. 

I disagree... Reddick's BMP/VORP did not support such a claim that he was worth $23 mil per season nor does Bertan's BMP/VORP support that he is worth $20 mil per season.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I disagree... Reddick's BMP/VORP did not support such a claim that he was worth $23 mil per season nor does Bertan's BMP/VORP support that he is worth $20 mil per season.

Neither are worth more than 10 mil to be honest but will get paid more because of the need for what they do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Neither are worth more than 10 mil to be honest but will get paid more because of the need for what they do. 

Agreed...Schlenk needs to stay disciplined and let other GM's kill their franchises.  Look for the bargain and not the poor value player.

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It's for one season. We have a lot of cap space. If we don't overpay a useful player then we'll probably trade for another big expiring like Crabbe to acquire more draft picks. 

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Agreed...Schlenk needs to stay disciplined and let other GM's kill their franchises.  Look for the bargain and not the poor value player.

I can't even lie, when you think about it, bargains are the best way to go but the issue is TS can't settle for cheap either like we did with Jabari Parker and Alex Len. 

Guys we bring in need to fit our system which is PDS based. Don't be bringing in iso based bigs or just rim runners. We need guys who play our style of Basketball. 

That's the one thing Ferry did a good job of doing 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't even lie, when you think about it, bargains are the best way to go but the issue is TS can't settle for cheap either like we did with Jabari Parker and Alex Len. 

Guys we bring in need to fit our system which is PDS based. Don't be bringing in iso based bigs or just rim runners. We need guys who play our style of Basketball. 

That's the one thing Ferry did a good job of doing 

Miami and Toronto seem to find these Gems year after year.  Time for Schlenk to do the same. 

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Miami and Toronto seem to find these Gems year after year.  Time for Schlenk to do the same. 

You seem to be a lovely Monday morning quarterback on what happens after the fact and whether or not it worked out.

Actually harder to go out on a limb and make a few suggestions on which players to go after. You seem to have a good list of “who you don’t want”. Go on record and predict who might actually be good for us. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You seem to be a lovely Monday morning quarterback on what happens after the fact and whether or not it worked out.

Actually harder to go out on a limb and make a few suggestions on which players to go after. You seem to have a good list of “who you don’t want”. Go on record and predict who might actually be good for us. 

I didn't say that I didn't want those players...I said that I didn't want those players at those stated prices.  If we get those players at a discount, I would welcome them here.  So what are you talking about?

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I didn't say that I didn't want those players...I said that I didn't want those players at those stated prices.  If we get those players at a discount, I would welcome them here.  So what are you talking about?

Oh I’m saying from the general posters usually you get an idea of who wants whom. Like I want Trez, Buzz 🐝 wants Joe Harris, etc. 

You don’t seem to every definitely state who you would go after. Just feels like a game in which you can never be wrong on anything lol. You found a loophole in the system. Even @kg01 yells out COLLIN SEXTON every now n again.

Whose your horse 🐎 in this free agency for us?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh I’m saying from the general posters usually you get an idea of who wants whom. Like I want Trez, Buzz 🐝 wants Joe Harris, etc. 

You don’t seem to every definitely state who you would go after. Just feels like a game in which you can never be wrong on anything lol. You found a loophole in the system. Even @kg01 yells out COLLIN SEXTON every now n again.

Whose your horse 🐎 in this free agency for us?

At the right price, I would take everyone mentioned.  I'm not going to pick a free agent and pursue him at all cost if that's what you are asking.  I want bargains who can play and help the team win!

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is all I’m saying. Wouldn’t shock me if Bertāns got 16 million on per on a short contract 

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

It seems you have basically no understanding of how the cap works. 

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

It seems you have basically no understanding of how the cap works. 

He does, which is why he said that. The issue is, bargains can be had for a bigger price tag, bargains and being cheap are two different things. Overpaying is what we want to avoid. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He does, which is why he said that. The issue is, bargains can be had for a bigger price tag, bargains and being cheap are two different things. Overpaying is what we want to avoid. 

Thank you @NBASupes!  Its a pretty simple concept!  Players like Lebron and Jordan in their primes would cost a lot but still would be a bargain regardless of what you paid them because the player caps would not allow you to pay them their true value.  Conversely, there are players that would be signed for the vet minimum and would still be overpaid.

• Like 1