• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The word I got recently is KCP is likely to stick with LAL and they are about to add Tristian Thompson this offseason. 

Hmm....OH yeah I like your idea of Napier as backup PG. Hes underrated imo..UNderrated defender, plus hes good at p&r..

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Waste of money!  Our problems as a team last year weren't primarily back wing problem.  They we rebounding and turnovers.

True. 100% I can't even disagree with you. I just personally want us to spend big money on at least one player

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hmm....OH yeah I like your idea of Napier as backup PG. Hes underrated imo..UNderrated defender, plus hes good at p&r..

Can dribble, pass, and shoot as well. He's the face of just a good backup PG but we haven't had one of those in awhile since Dennis was backing up Jeff.

Jeff metrics and numbers this year with both teams have been awful. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Paying Harris is a waste in my opinion. Huerter and Reddish are our 2 guards and they need the minutes to develop. I think a backup for Collins is our biggest hole to fill besides backup point guard; but there is only one decent one out there in my opinion. A combo forward like Crowder or Grant could fill that void as well if we don't get Bertans.

Free agency should be fun for us. I just hope teams are as scared of the financial landscape as is being reported. Makes us easily the best landing spot for anyone who wants some security.

I have a feeling we're gonna draft our backup PF....

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

We almost got to. Even with our money, getting a vet to sign knowing they gotta backup a quality big like John puts us in the Bobby Portis of the world market. 

Guys like Marcus Morris can get paid anywhere and will by real contenders. 

We better get a PF in the draft. If that's Toppin or if we think that's Big O, whatever do it. But if we don't, I just hope it ain't Skal. We need Skal but not in that role yet.

Edited by NBASupes

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Grant is gonna cost more than CRowder...

I expect so and for good reason. He is younger and for the past two seasons has shot the ball much better. Denver may be penciling him in as their starter. If so that will possibly add more to his contract. The only saving grace is the Nuggets have some high priced players locked up:

Murray 2020/21 29.2M, 2021/22 31.5M

Jokic 2020/21 28.5M, 2021/22 30.5M

Harris 2020/21 19.1M, 2021/22 20.4M

Barton 2020/21 13.9M, Player option 2021/22 for 14.8

That is roughly 93 Million locked up in four players. I think they would possibly be willing to pay Grant something in the range of Barton if they plan to make him a starter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/DEN.html

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

True. 100% I can't even disagree with you. I just personally want us to spend big money on at least one player

I wish we could sign 3 competent vets on short term deals...Napier/vet SF/vet PF.....lol

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

Napier/Huerter/Crowder,MIlsap,Dedmon

Goodwin/Okungwu or Toppin/Bruno

Or something similar...lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We almost got to. Even with our money, getting a vet to sign knowing they gotta backup a quality big like John puts us in the Bobby Portis of the world market. 

We better get a PF in the draft. If that's Toppin or if we think that's Big O, whatever do it. But if we don't, I just hope it ain't Skal. We need Skal but not in that role yet.

Agreed. Could we get Milsap to take on a VC role..Backup Collins, while showing Toppin or OKungwu the ropes? lol

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

I am not sold on this class of bigs at all. Especially if we are talking someone who can give us 20-25 quality minutes a night right away spelling Collins. Not to mention any minor injury that may occur; and they get forced into a starting role.

Maybe in two or three years they can; but not this one.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Agreed. Could we get Milsap to take on a VC role..Backup Collins, while showing Toppin or OKungwu the ropes? lol

Probably not. Word I got from Denver is he is a priority and it makes sense. His value to winning for them is high. Plus he got some other teams who want him badly. One in South Beach to mention

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Agreed. Could we get Milsap to take on a VC role..

What role is that? Come in the game to jack a bunch of 3's while not rebounding?  Just kidding.  If he comes cheap, It might be a good deal.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Can dribble, pass, and shoot as well. He's the face of just a good backup PG but we haven't had one of those in since Dennis was backing up Jeff

> Jeff thats for sure...

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah Skal,BG, and Bruno need to be emergency guys next season if we're being honest..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably not. Word I got from Denver is he is a priority and it makes sense. His value to winning for them is high. Plus he got some other teams who want him badly. One in South Beach to mention

Well he'll just be backing up Bam instead of Collins. Not much difference as far as playing time is concerned....lol

Edited by terrell