• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Woah! This is interesting!!!

No reason not to do this...for the players.  If the owners agree to do this without a comprehensive agreement on the cap then that is just giving away leverage.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

No reason not to do this...for the players.  If the owners agree to do this without a comprehensive agreement on the cap then that is just giving away leverage.

A max for these guys is 25% of the cap. Wouldn't they just tie it specifically to whatever the cap # is when the season concludes. So if the cap is $109 they get $27 mil, if its $98 they get $24.5?

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A max for these guys is 25% of the cap. Wouldn't they just tie it specifically to whatever the cap # is when the season concludes. So if the cap is $109 they get $27 mil, if its $98 they get $24.5?

They are talking about doing it before the new cap goes into place so they can take advantage of the current rate before the caps falls. That would result in higher pay for the individual players and less money available under the cap or tax lines for the teams signing them to these contracts.  Otherwise, it would do nothing and no one would be asking for it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

They are talking about doing it before the new cap goes into place so they can take advantage of the current rate before the caps falls. That would result in higher pay for the individual players and less money available under the cap or tax lines for the teams signing them to these contracts.  Otherwise, it would do nothing and no one would be asking for it.

I'm looking for actual details of the 'proposal', i think it's less about the cap, more injury related.

Tatum, Adebayo, Mitchell have been looking into insurance for the restart in case they get injured during the restart. I'm guessing in lieu of this insurance the proposal is for extentions. It's just not clear on what cap figure.

• Moderators

That makes some sense but seems strange to limit this to these guys.  That same issue is there for all free agents, whether they are getting a max, a MLE or anything else.  

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Anybody got any ideas on trade targets for us?  I think that could be another good offseason discussion for the longest offseason in the history of forever.

Here's another from a GSW fan. @NBASupes and @Spud2nique will love this :laugh:.

GSW  2020 #1 pick(assuming they get #1) for Reddish and #5 pick. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Anybody got any ideas on trade targets for us?  I think that could be another good offseason discussion for the longest offseason in the history of forever.

You can check this long forgotten thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Why don’t we throw in John Collins to make it fair? 🤔 

I saw a Collins and our pick for Donovan Mitchell trade somewhere the other day.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2