• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Welcome bak, Thom.  Didn't know you were laid up.  Hope you're doing well.  If you got any good drugs left, send 'em to my address.  Just put "To @Spud2nique" on the box.  That way, I can turn to mrs. kg and be all ...

duhhh.gif

Heh, I'm (mostly) kidding.  Good to hear from you.

Oh the care package 📦... I mean 😐.. what? I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ nuttin about nuttin! (Still Soprano watchin walking around the house Mobbish annoying the wifeski).

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Starting at small forward for your squawk.....

@Thomas

Our John Drew is back in the fold 👶!!!

You see right thru me man. It is actually appreciated. Any Hawk's memory is Hawk's lore but I tend to stick with the great Drew and Nique runs mostly. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok with this!

This is also interesting:

Would think having the FA bonanza before the draft would really help out a GM and a Coach in their focus on the draft itself. Like those backup PG and PF questions we have been talking about for example.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Would think having the FA bonanza before the draft would really help out a GM and a Coach in their focus on the draft itself. Like those backup PG and PF questions we have been talking about for example.

Yup much better. If we strike out with Trez we can still draft Gwu. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Thomas said:

Welcome back hope you are doing well.  I loved John Drew back in the day.  6-6 and couldnt be guarded in the low post!  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Welcome back hope you are doing well.  I loved John Drew back in the day.  6-6 and couldnt be guarded in the low post!  

Yeah, him and your guy Roundfield as our forwards man. That run against Washington was something to always remember for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, him and your guy Roundfield as our forwards man. That run against Washington was something to always remember for me.

Loved Tree too.  Rounds my favorite player.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Thomas said:

Rounds absolutely showed up every game. Those guys were so much fun to watch. Remember when Skip Caray said "Fast Eddie has more moves than Ex-Lax?" A moment ingrained in Hawk's history.

Ol Skip made it interesting for sure with his quotes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Skip was a seriously underrated basketball announcer.   Still would love to see Roundfield's number in the rafters.  

Roundfield's #32 should definitely be in the rafters. He carried that team when Drew and/or Eddie had their drug issues and passed the torch to Nique to take over. The way he died saving his wife is the icing on the cake...

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I like it!

The NBA tentatively is planning to have a two-day free agency moratorium this October.

The free agency period will begin on October 18th with the moratorium lifted on October 20th.

"I'm told the moratorium that will only last two days," said Shams Charania on The Pat McAfee Show. "October 20th it will be lifted so guys can sign contracts. Usually the moratorium can be anywhere from six to seven days. Now, because of his truncated schedule, it will be just two days."

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

In theory two days.  In practice, two months of contact between teams and agents, etc.

Well it helps that players traded on draft day only has to wait 5 days to get to their team. 😄.

I hope they fix this rule, too many draftees missed SL last year because of it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This should be here:

Every NBA Team's 2020 Free-Agency Sales Pitch

We have a Stephen Curry/Steve Nash hybrid who loves to pass and will command your defender's attention.

It's not hard to see why a free agent might want to play with Trae Young. He should be at the center of any pitch from the Atlanta Hawks.

The soon-to-be third-year guard has a gravitational pull on defenses thanks to shooting range that extends well beyond the three-point line. His 73 makes from 28-plus feet trailed only Damian Lillard's 86, and he has vision, flair and a willingness to pass reminiscent of the seven-seconds-or-less version of Nash.

Put both traits together and you have one of the most productive young players of all time. Young's 29.6 points per game are tied for the seventh-highest mark in league history for an NBA sophomore. His 9.3 assists are tied for the 10th-highest average for a second-year man.

It shouldn't be hard to see why a free agent would want to play with someone who is on track to be a legitimate superstar point guard.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895455-every-nba-teams-2020-free-agency-sales-pitch

• Like 4

• Premium Member

8 Tempting NBA Free Agents to Avoid This Summer

Not leaving so don't bother: Free agents who are virtual locks to stay, and who lusting after would be a waste of energy.

Anthony David and Brandon Ingram

RFAs who will cost too much to poach: These players make a ton of sense if the price is right, which it won't be.

Malik Beasley and Bogdon Bogdanovich

UFAs who will cost too much to poach

Montrezl Harrell and Marcus Morris 

Not worth the non-taxpayer MLE: Can you get these guys for noticeably less than the full mid-level exception? If so, cool. If not, hard pass.

Moe Harkless and Hassan Whiteside

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895389-8-tempting-nba-free-agents-to-avoid-this-summer

• Thanks 3