• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I assume from your statement that you would be good paying $30M+ for Gordon and ~$20M for Trez.

Yikes on yikes on yikes.

Is he also factoring in the games Hayward will miss with various ailments from here on out?

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

To me it's less about the money and more about the contract.   We can overpay bench guys as long as it doesn't screw us from doing what we need to do down the road.   It's certainly better than short changing the bench like we saw last year.

I've been clear that I don't care about 1-year overpays. We have that luxury this season. We should utilize that if need be to get good players here and starting playing winning basketball. But unless Supes has changed his mind he would love to have Harrell and Hayward here on huge multi-year deals. I already thought his Hayward idea was misguided before I found out he saw him as a 7th man. 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, High5 said:

I've been clear that I don't care about 1-year overpays. We have that luxury this season. We should utilize that if need be to get good players here and starting playing winning basketball. But unless Supes has changed his mind he would love to have Harrell and Hayward here on huge multi-year deals. I already thought his Hayward idea was misguided before I found out he saw him as a 7th man. 

I'm not a huge believer in Hayward but he is a quality player.  On a short deal maybe.  Even if he is 7th man that means he's a spot starter.  For a team that had Goodwin, Jones, Crabbe and the like starting games this season it'd be nice to have that quality off the bench.  

But i agree that i'm not paying $30 million.  I don't think anyone is though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I assume from your statement that you would be good paying $30M+ for Gordon and ~$20M for Trez.

Naw, Trez ain't leaving LA. Ballmer telling folks he willing to pay the LT. 

Hayward hasn't leaned to opting out or in. I was just saying if he was available. The Trez thing is a nonstarter at this point due to likely return to LA.

1st signing: Shabazz Napier - 3 years 10 million - Up to 15

2nd signing: Kenrich Williams - 3 years 15 million, descending contract - Up 25

3rd signing: Denzel Valentine or Pat Connaughton - 3 years 15 million, descending contract - Up to 20

4th signing MAJOR: Joe Harris 4 years 60 million, descending contract - Up to 65

5th signing: Resigning Skal 3 years 12 million - Up to 13

If we can land Hayward for 2/58 millions, that would be better instead of Joe Harris for 4/60 to me. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, Trez ain't leaving LA. 

3rd signing: Denzel Valentine or Pat Connaughton - 3 years 15 million, descending contract - Up to 20

4th signing MAJOR: Joe Harris 4 years 60 million, descending contract - Up to 65

If we can land Hayward for 2/58 millions, that would be better instead of Joe Harris for 4/60 to me. 

I have to admit i know very little about those guys but seems like a weak bench.    Are you expecting those guys to improve?  I guess they are right at that point in their careers but not sure how much potential they have. 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I have to admit i know very little about those guys but seems like a weak bench.    Are you expecting those guys to improve?  I guess they are right at that point in their careers but not sure how much potential they have. 

They are name brand players but all are productive and fit our style of play.

Napier is giving us the same production as Teague on offense with more threes while being superior on defense.

Williams is extremely productive and impactful in his minutes and here's more on him if you never heard of him https://www.nba.com/pelicans/2018-19-pelicans-season-review-kenrich-williams

Connaughton is like Alex Caruso, just better. 

Valentine is a modern NBA fit offensively to a T, fits our system to a T but defensively isn't much to write about although his metrics aren't bad on that end. He's an option as the 6th wing with Connaughton 

Joe Harris has been spoken about in this thread by everyone ad naseusem. No need to add to it. 

I have a meeting right now so I can't speak for awhile but these guys fit our style, have high BBIQ, and are productive players especially for the said role. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, Trez ain't leaving LA. Ballmer telling folks he willing to pay the LT. 

Hayward hasn't leaned to opting out or in. I was just saying if he was available. The Trez thing is a nonstarter at this point due to likely return to LA.

Looks good although I'm a little worried about the Joe Harris signing.  Also I prefer Pat Connaughton over Valentine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Looks good although I'm a little worried about the Joe Harris signing.  Also I prefer Pat Connauhton over Valentine.

Honestly, I prefer Pat Connaughton as well. 

I don't like overpaying for Harris. You know it too but getting a quality 4th wing is crucial and critical to our long term success 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't like overpaying for Harris. You know it too but getting a quality 4th wing is crucial and critical to our long term success 

I don't know about that especially if Schlenk drafts another wing.  I just think its over kill especially paying another specialty shooting guard.  Cam and Huerter should be fine manning the 2 guard spot. I would prefer a 3 if we spent money.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Looks good although I'm a little worried about the Joe Harris signing.  Also I prefer Pat Connauhton over Valentine.

I agree. Harris is overrated around here imo..Connaughton over Valentine easily for me also..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know about that especially if Schlenk drafts another wing.  I just think its over kill especially paying another specialty shooting guard.  Cam and Huerter should be fine manning the 2 guard spot. I would prefer a 3 if we spent money.

Vet SF to play behind Hunter...Crowder,Derrick Jones Jr, and a few others should come pretty cheap...........Trae lobs to Jones Jr would be fun. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Vet SF to play behind Hunter...Crowder,Derrick Jones Jr, and a few others should come pretty cheap...........Trae lobs to Jones Jr would be fun. lol

Yeah...A cheap option would be perfect!  No to players like Trevor graham!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Paying Harris is a waste in my opinion. Huerter and Reddish are our 2 guards and they need the minutes to develop. I think a backup for Collins is our biggest hole to fill besides backup point guard; but there is only one decent one out there in my opinion. A combo forward like Crowder or Grant could fill that void as well if we don't get Bertans.

Free agency should be fun for us. I just hope teams are as scared of the financial landscape as is being reported. Makes us easily the best landing spot for anyone who wants some security.

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Finding a reasonable big wing is next to impossible. You see how teams went psycho Sid for Robert Covington. Everyone needs more right now across the association. 

Buzzard mentioned Jae Crowder who could be an option. He's still kinda productive but for how long and Atlanta needs another sharpshooter. All of the sharps who are rotational cost big bucks.

Okoro is the only one on the big board that's a rotational one and I don't know if he's ready year 1

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah...A cheap option would be perfect!  No to players like Trevor graham!

Yeah I think we can make a run at the 7th or 8th seed without overpaying for Harris, Bertans, Hayward Trez, etc.....We just need some competent vets for the bench next season..(Clarkson,Justin Holiday,KCP,Crowder,DJJr.,etc should be a lot cheaper...............................................

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Paying Harris is a waste in my opinion. Huerter and Reddish are our 2 guards and they need the minutes to develop. I think a backup for Collins is our biggest hole to fill besides backup point guard; but there is only one decent one out there in my opinion. A combo forward like Crowder or Grant could fill that void as well if we don't get Bertans.

Free agency should be fun for us. I just hope teams are as scared of the financial landscape as is being reported. Makes us easily the best landing spot for anyone who wants some security.

Grant is gonna cost more than CRowder...

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Finding a reasonable big wing is next to impossible. You see how teams went psycho Sid for Robert Covington. Everyone needs more right now across the association. 

Okoro is the only one on the big board that's a rotational one and I don't know if he's ready year 1

I don't think we need a near all star back up wing.  Most of the minutes are covered.  We need a cheap option who can play a little...that's it!

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yeah I think we can make a run at the 7th or 8th seed without overpaying for Harris, Bertans, Hayward Trez, etc.....We just need some competent vets for the bench next season..(Clarkson,Justin Holiday,KCP,Crowder,DJJr.,etc should be a lot cheaper...............................................

The word I got recently is KCP is likely to stick with LAL and they are about to add Tristian Thompson this offseason. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yes...A Justin Holiday would be fine.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't think we need a near all star back up wing.  Most of the minutes are covered.  We need a cheap option who can play a little...that's it!

That's easy to find. That's kinda why Williams is the perfect 5th wing. He can really defend 2-4 and it is a PDS player (low end). That's a good fit. I almost feel you want that 4th wing who can really hoop. A key player who can give you impact. 

Edited by NBASupes