• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Offseason Officially Starts!

JayBirdHawk

Yes indeee BPA ☝🏽 

I will say I love Schlenk as a drafter a ton more than other aspects which makes it really fun for us Hawks fans. I’m not saying he’s not a good trader but he really kicks 🦵 butt at drafting so far. (Quickly knocks on wood)

Collins

Trae Huerter

Hunter Cam

? (He made us so flexible here we could go Supes Toppin, Buzz’s 🐝 🐟 burton, kg/bird Okoro or my Gwu/ or Zeke/Magic new era Trae/LaMelo. Anything goes.

In the words of kg, no the other one, Garnett..

ANYYYYYYTHINGGGGGGGG’SSSSS POSSIBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes indeee BPA ☝🏽 

I will say I love Schlenk as a drafter a ton more than other aspects which makes it really fun for us Hawks fans. I’m not saying he’s not a good trader but he really kicks 🦵 butt at drafting so far. (Quickly knocks on wood)

Collins

Trae Huerter

Hunter Cam

? (He made us so flexible here we could go Supes Toppin, Buzz’s 🐝 🐟 burton, kg/bird Okoro or my Gwu/ or Zeke/Magic new era Trae/LaMelo. Anything goes.

In the words of kg, no the other one, Garnett..

ANYYYYYYTHINGGGGGGGG’SSSSS POSSIBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

"is the best player for us and that is going to fit in with our team" 

DPS is still our standard and whoever we draft will be in that area.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

ABOUT THE VIDEO:

We learn that John Collins isn't really very good and should be traded.

We learn that the Hawks should consider trading several assets for an injured player.

We learn that the Hawks should trade a boat load of young players, draft picks and other great assets for one player who's contract is ending next season's end and he will then leave.

This very cool cat, wearing his hat indoors and backward, figures that the Hawks are out of time and must therefore panic and make drastic moves which will destroy the team.  

For some reason I don't believe that Travis will hire him as his lead assistant!

:laugh1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Its amazing how others see our players.  In particular many think that;

1. John can't be a 2nd star and shouldn't be paid even though he is a highly efficient player averaging 21/10/1.6

2. Cam Reddish has no potential nor does Huerter so trade them along with a bunch of picks for Olidipo etc.

3. Trae will never improve his defense so he can only play with certain players.

4. This dude also thinks that the Hawks are running out of time.

5. This year's lottery pick isn't important

I think you are overstating it that "many" see it this way.  I'd say only a few Hawks fans have these views and a poll on this site could confirm that for hardcore Hawks fans.

But this video was a mess.  That Oladipo for Cam Reddish, Dedmon, Huerter, 2020 1st, 2 2nd rounders was just painful to listen to.  Guy is going to be an UFA in a year.  How much do you have to hate Cam to throw that out there?  Ugh.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If you don't hate the Seeeees enough, take a gander at this site advocating the Hawks trading Collins to BOS ... https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/04/19/boston-celtics-john-collins/ ...

What "logjam" at center?  Surely this must be some fantastic package coming from BOS, right?  Right?  Right?!  Well ..... not so much:

saywha.gif

This is what passes for content nowadays.  Now some jackleg is gonna take this tripe and parade it out as a "rumor" the Hawks are trading Collins to Boston.  GTFOH

Teams want to use us as their minor league club team, we invest the training in them and then ship them off for fish heads and rice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If you don't hate the Seeeees enough, take a gander at this site advocating the Hawks trading Collins to BOS ... https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/04/19/boston-celtics-john-collins/ ...

What "logjam" at center?  Surely this must be some fantastic package coming from BOS, right?  Right?  Right?!  Well ..... not so much:

saywha.gif

This is what passes for content nowadays.  Now some jackleg is gonna take this tripe and parade it out as a "rumor" the Hawks are trading Collins to Boston.  GTFOH

I just threw up. That's why I always say, I value John Collins. Top 5 pick for John. Okay, trash for John, hell no! 

John loves, please stop hating on me when I say a top 5 pick for John is good value because if you really want to see how some value John, you would be disgusted. If you want John, top 5 pick and that's only if we know he's not signing for a reasonable price 

Edited by NBASupes

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I just threw up. That's why I always say, I value John Collins. Top 5 pick for John. Okay, trash for John, hell no! 

John loves, please stop hating on me when I say a top 5 pick for John is good value because if you really want to see how some value John, you would be disgusted. If you want John, top 5 pick and that's only if we know he's not signing for a reasonable price 

Collins was a 20+, 10 guy last year well before his prime.  One single top 5 pick is not good value for a sure thing. If you drafted top 5, you are hoping to get 20/10 but its still a crap shoot. The only thing against John is he plays PF, the easiest position in the league to fill with someone serviceable. 

Collins -

Attitude Check

Locker room check

Inside game, check

outside game, check

plays above the rim, check

plays defense (check/sort of)

Rebounds check

blocks shots, check

Negatives

PF

1 positive test.

I love James Wiseman. He is my number one player to get in this draft. But if you told me the Hawks had the number 2 pick and GS was willing to give us number 1 for Collins, ensuring me I could get Wiseman/Edwards or other.....I would say no. That is how much I believe John has 10 more all star level years in him.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Also, those eight teams understand that players who will be free agents this summer likely will have a different view on taking part in team activity, so mandating something for those players isn’t very realistic. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Full articles:

Schlenk said the team’s virtual draft meetings are progressing, but the Hawks have yet to interview any player projected inside the top 10. It’s not too surprising as most projected top picks end up waiting until after the draft lottery order is set. 

The biggest priority for the Hawks this offseason, Schlenk said, is adding more depth. He said it’s not a secret that the team’s depth last season didn’t pan out so adding a quality bench is what he’s going to try to do this offseason. The Hawks added Capela and Dewayne Dedmon at the center position at the deadline, and center was a position that needed significant upgrades, so they’re set there, but he said depth at backup point guard, on the wings and the four spot is what they’re looking at this offseason. He did mention that he plans on having contract talks with Jeff Teague when that time comes.

• As far as spending goes, the Hawks will have the most cap space in the NBA even if there’s a dip in the salary cap. Right now, they’re projected to have around $50 million to spend. “(Owner) Tony (Ressler) has given me the green light to spend since Day 1 when I got the job,” Schlenk said. That’s not a concern. The one thing I will say that I keep constantly reminding him is that just because you have the money doesn’t make it right to spend the money. You have to be smart. I honestly believe the worst thing that teams can do is when they have the money and owners or people in my position feel the pressure to go out and spend it. You give out a long, big contract, and you guys have probably heard me say this, but those mistakes can really hamper your franchise. When you give out those long, big contracts, you need to make sure they’re the right guys.”

John Collins was mentioned as one of the players who has been in the practice facility almost every single day since it reopened. “He’s motivated to be a good player,” Schlenk said. 

There was some talk about improving defensively, but it’s going to take individual growth from everyone. No revealing or surprising quotes with this topic. It’s simple: The Hawks hope the young players continue to get better defensively as they get more experience in the league. Schlenk did mention that turning the ball over in transition was a killer for the Hawks this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

"is the best player for us and that is going to fit in with our team" 

DPS is still our standard and whoever we draft will be in that area.

Huh? Why do you always take my post and say the exact same thing. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t get ur need for speed and attention. Talk less listen more Supes. 🤫 Learn a thing or two.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

saywha.gif

It would cost Jaylen Brown.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

saywha.gif

I would love to have Romeo here, but not for Collins or any of our starters.

You know, to help them with their logjam of young projects.