• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Benefits of bringing Horford back to ATL (long thread)

JTB

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They need a coach to design an offense that works before considering a trade of either Simmons or Embiid.

You have to be picky, particularly when you are still in your infancy trying to make the playoffs. 

Just because we aren't in line for a big time star doesn't mean you shouldn't be judicious with the future financial impact by taking on long bad term money.

It wouldn’t be that long of a deal though. He has 3 years left. We have to crawl before we walk...just because we make it to the playoffs 1 season don’t mean finals appearance the very next season . If we had horford on the roster and we got to the playoffs next season goal accomplished, then more than likely that same roster could make it to the playoffs again the following season....by year 3 of being a playoff team the previous two seasons horfords contract will be on an expiring deal and be trade bait for similar to parsons.

i think it’s crazy how uptight we are. One bad contract ain’t gon sink the ship especially if we are hitting the CURRENT main goal which is just making the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We probably aren't making the playoffs to be honest. LP and TS probably getting fired. TS honestly, just need to draft the best and most ready NBA prospect. Then he need to getting lucky with his signings that someone does well. Too much hope is that our rookies will make that leap. Collins defense improves a lot. Capela changes things, and Kevin makes a leap. 

LP possibly getting fired isn’t really shocking 3 straight losing seasons on any nba team in this era and it’s bound to happen but I know how much you like Schlenk so that part is actually shocking you believe he could really get fired if we don’t make the playoffs especially considering that he just signed an extension not too long ago.

schlenk is under some pressure and being an nba gm is tough. The team is very very young so in some sense it’s unfair but to be honest a lot of stars start to At least make playoffs by year 3 or 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We probably aren't making the playoffs to be honest. LP and TS probably getting fired. TS honestly, just need to draft the best and most ready NBA prospect. Then he need to getting lucky with his signings that someone does well. Too much hope is that our rookies will make that leap. Collins defense improves a lot. Capela changes things, and Kevin makes a leap. 

Cam and Hunter should make a jump but will that help winning a lot? 

Collins and Capela probably ain't gonna work that well unless John's playmaking improves a lot. 

Trae will be better. 

Kevin will be better in his new role as a 6th man. 

But the bench will likely be wack. Underachieve and likely not worth what we paid them. 

38-44 10-11 in the east. 

You're a funny guy when it comes to the guys you like.

We add Al, Wright, Moore, draft 2 rookies, trade Dedmon and we'll win 55 games and a #4 seed. We don't and we have no playoff shot. Such extremes.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

It wouldn’t be that long of a deal though. He has 3 years left. We have to crawl before we walk...just because we make it to the playoffs 1 season don’t mean finals appearance the very next season . If we had horford on the roster and we got to the playoffs next season goal accomplished, then more than likely that same roster could make it to the playoffs again the following season....by year 3 of being a playoff team the previous two seasons horfords contract will be on an expiring deal and be trade bait for similar to parsons.

i think it’s crazy how uptight we are. One bad contract ain’t gon sink the ship especially if we are hitting the CURRENT main goal which is just making the playoffs.

3 years is a long deal when it's a bad deal on an aging player and the payday looming for the young core. 

I'm not uptight - it's a bad contract for an aging player on a very young team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

LP possibly getting fired isn’t really shocking 3 straight losing seasons on any nba team in this era and it’s bound to happen but I know how much you like Schlenk so that part is actually shocking you believe he could really get fired if we don’t make the playoffs especially considering that he just signed an extension not too long ago.

schlenk is under some pressure and being an nba gm is tough. The team is very very young so in some sense it’s unfair but to be honest a lot of stars start to At least make playoffs by year 3 or 4

This is what happens when you pass on Luka but honestly, this falls on TS. His FA signings have been horrible. Alex Len has been the marquee. Jabari Parker, lol is one of his better signings. 

His Cam Reddish pick was his best pick. Other than that, it's been attached to a reach trade and a trade where we traded a MVP candidate. 

It's really hard to win in this league. We got young players. Cam is due for a major jump but is that a production jump or an impact jump as well, likely production looking at guys like MPJ. 

Hunter should take a jump but at what level is the question. 

Trae kinda showed us what he is, I expect a jump but how much. 

Kevin is the guy I am high on after coming in last year being down. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as his fans think he is but I do think the 6th man spot is perfect for him. 

Dedmon, I don't know what to expect, honestly, not much. He has truly regressed but he spaces the floor and has a voice. 

Hawks need luck to me. Two true impact vet bench players who fit our system would do wonders. Drafting Toppin or Haliburton would instantly help. The others outside of Edwards and Ball, I am not sure and I know Edwards and Ball will need some time to adjust. The rest will just be at the end of the rotation, so idk and Idc. 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You're a funny guy when it comes to the guys you like.

We add Al, Wright, Moore, draft 2 rookies, trade Dedmon and we'll win 55 games and a #4 seed. We don't and we have no playoff shot. Such extremes.

Al Horford is worth a lot of wins. He's a starting level player. He would be an help as a starter but as a backup, high level impact player. He's worth a lot! I could care less about this Boston series, it's a bad matchup especially without Simmons. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is what happens when you pass on Luka but honestly, this falls on TS. His FA signings have been horrible. Alex Len has been the marquee. Jabari Parker, lol is one of his better signings. 

His Cam Reddish pick was his best pick. Other than that, it's been attached to a reach trade and a trade where we traded a MVP candidate. 

It's really hard to win in this league. We got young players. Cam is due for a major jump but is that a production jump or an impact jump as well, likely production looking at guys like MPJ. 

Hunter should take a jump but at what level is the question. 

Trae kinda showed us what he is, I expect a jump but how much. 

Kevin is the guy I am high on after coming in last year being down. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as his fans think he is but I do think the 6th man spot is perfect for him. 

Dedmon, I don't know what to expect, honestly, not much. He has truly regressed but he spaces the floor and has a voice. 

Hawks need luck to me. Two true impact vet bench players who fit our system would do wonders. Drafting Toppin or Haliburton would instantly help. The others outside of Edwards and Ball, I am not sure and I know Edwards and Ball will need some time to adjust. The rest will just be at the end of the rotation, so idk and Idc. 

Al Horford is worth a lot of wins. He's a starting level player. He would be an help as a starter but as a backup, high level impact player. He's worth a lot! I could care less about this Boston series, it's a bad matchup especially without Simmons. 

The best advice I can give you is stop posting while watching games.  

Everytime someting happens in a game you go to one extreme.  If you think Trae is so freaking terrible, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Luka Luka Luka.  My god I'm so sick of y'all acting like he's the second coming of christ.  The system he's in benefits him. The shooters all around him benefit him.  

Trae is on a MUCH younger team, yet you act like we drafted garbage. 

I'm prepared for your cussing laden rant after this. 

No body in their right mind wants Al Horford and that stank a** contract he's attached to.  This is exactly what New Orleans did and Anthony Davis requested out. You have to be patient.  Horford would be nice, but not at that cost.  

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The best advice I can give you is stop posting while watching games.  

Everytime someting happens in a game you go to one extreme.  If you think Trae is so freaking terrible, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Luka Luka Luka.  My god I'm so sick of y'all act like he's the second coming of christ.  The system he's in benefits him. The shooters all around him benefit him.  

Trae is on a MUCH younger team, yet you act like we drafted garbage. 

I'm prepared for your cussing laden rant after this. 

I think Trae is amazing but he's not a MVP candidate right now. I don't like his PG skills. I think he's the best playmaker I've ever seen but when it comes to running an offense. I am very unimpressed. Him and LaMelo but have the biggest gap I've seen from PG skills and playmaking there is. Luka has more PG skill and he doesn't have much either. Watch Lowry, watch how he runs an offense. Lin ran an offense better than Trae and he's no natural PG either. That's what I expect honestly from him to improve. I used to be hard af on Jeff Teague who I loved but he had trouble running an offense. Look at what he became at some point, solid at PG skills. I want to see that jump from Trae but I know he doesn't have to do it as he's so good at what he's good at which is an extreme blend of scoring and playmaking. 

I don't even like Luka. I hate his fans with a passion. I mean hate them and would slap them in person but I can't lie, he's a beast. I would love to have him here if he was the pick and honestly, he should have been the pick for us. He's much better than Trae. 

This team is much younger but you can't expect to win just because they are getting older and we got Capela. 

Capela is the player I do expect a lot from. He's our impact guy outside of Trae but this ain't a great fit with him and John. John struggles at the 4 in space. I've seen in time and time again and John always says he going to be good and works at it. Occasionally shows the lateral ability but he's always mentally late on defense. Capela was just playing with one of the best and most versatlite defenders in P.J. Tucker who just gets it.  Offensively, I can see them getting in each other's way. That's what Jones and Collins did although Capela is superior to Jones in every way. I realize, John needs a lot of space due to his lack of self creation. He needs space as he's an efficient type. 

I don't know. Orlando got a good team. Philly should have a good team. The rest of the playoff teams are very good or excellent. We really gotta make a massive jump as a team. We can make that jump individually and still not make that jump collectively. So much is needed to win games and we as a team really don't know how to win games in the 82 game grind. 

We will see. I'll wait till the draft and FA. I need to see what we add. Haliburton or Toppin can change my scope on the squad. Those are impact rookies who can add legit depth and bench help. Getting good bench pieces is key. Let's see what TS can do first but I keep hearing Jami, LP, JC, Trae talking about where we gonna be next year and it just don't only take hard work. You gotta have the right vets as well as well as right rookies. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, terrell said:
Tacko Fall played 3 total minutes he had 1 less point and 1 less rebound than Al Horford did in 23 minutes

Its not about the stats, Its about affecting winning basketball.  Horford was only -11 while on the court...Best of the bigs!😎

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

.......this falls on TS. His FA signings have been horrible. Alex Len has been the marquee. Jabari Parker, lol is one of his better signings. 

Sigh!

We weren't trying to make the playoffs this year. 30 wins was the front office projections.

You're saying now the FA signings were horrible yet you projected us with 44 wins and making the playoffs with these same bums. Make up your mind.

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh!

We weren't trying to make the playoffs this year. 30 wins was the front office projections.

You're saying now the FA signings were horrible yet you projected us with 44 wins and making the playoffs with these same bums. Make up your mind.

I know, I didn't realize how right LP was about the PnR being downloaded by other teams coming into the year. Even though we are still one of the best in the NBA at it. We killed people so much at it in Trae's rookie year, it looked like Stockton/Malone data wise. LP said teams would scheme it and they did. Once they did, it forced Trae to be a more iso based player which he did well at and JC was forced to add the PnP. Both did but neither of these options is close to what the PnR was for us in Trae's rookie season. We would literally PnR teams to death in Trae's rookie year. Chicago comes to mind with how they schemed against it in year 2 but in Trae's rookie year, they got killed by it. 

You can't blame me, I hit on Trae's improvement and assumed JC's impact would remain the same or get better. Once the PnR was downloaded. His impact deflected like a balloon. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know, I didn't realize how right LP was about the PnR being downloaded by other teams coming into the year. Even though we are still one of the best in the NBA at it. We killed people so much at it in Trae's rookie year, it looked like Stockton/Malone data wise. LP said teams would scheme it and they did. Once they did, it forced Trae to be a more iso based player which he did well at and JC was forced to add the PnP. Both did but neither of these options is close to what the PnR was for us in Trae's rookie season. We would literally PnR teams to death in Trae's rookie year. Chicago comes to mind with how they schemed against it in year 2 but in Trae's rookie year, they got killed by it. 

You can't blame me, I hit on Trae's improvement and assumed JC's impact would remain the same or get better. Once the PnR was downloaded. His impact deflected like a balloon. 

You did an ever so slight goal post shift switching from TS FAs signing to now the PnR and LP. :cute:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He still is. This series don't mean shit. 

Not just this series buddy. His entire season. He's not the same impactful Al. Some impact yes, just not what he was for the money he's paid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not just this series buddy. His entire season. He's not the same impactful Al. Some impact yes, just not what he was for the money he's paid.

He's been an impact. All you gotta do is read the posts from intelligent Sixer fans. They speak highly of him especially with Simmons. Everyone agrees about the contract

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You did an ever so slight goal post shift switching from TS FAs signing to now the PnR and LP. :cute:

You are the one who moved the goalpost when you talked about my preseason prediction. Did you forget?