• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Benefits of bringing Horford back to ATL (long thread)

JTB

The only way I bring back Horford is if we're bringing Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons with him, and we know that's not happening. Al is just too old and his contract is an albatross. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, Horford got benched for the game tonight, so far:

16 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, $28 million dollars.

While on the bench, they just gave up 15 points and are down by 20 points now but 2 points and 2 rebounds. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

On a different note...What did Philly see in Tobias Harris???  He is playing so bad that @NBASupes might propose a trade for him also.  The trade would probably include Collins say Collins and a 1st for Harris.😇

5 years/$180 gazillion million, but they didn't want to max Jimmy Butler. Wow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

5 years/$180 gazillion million, but they didn't want to max Jimmy Butler. Wow.

Horford isn’t being used right. As a matter of fact Phillys offense all together really doesn’t fit with the talent on the roster and never has. I’m shocked there are no plans to trade Embiid or Simmons. Then build around whichever one the right way. 

The only bad thing about horford is his contract...both supes and I have acknowledged that. He’s still a good player though. For a team trying to make the playoffs you can’t be so picky about the help you can get and I will change my opinion based on how Schlenk goes about building a playoff team this off season. Everyone that’s worried about horfords contract makes me laugh as if we are in line to get some big time Star next off season . We can’t even get average players to consider Atlanta but we so stressed out about the cap 🤦🏾‍♂️...

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

Horford isn’t being used right. As a matter of fact Phillys offense all together really doesn’t fit with the talent on the roster and never has. I’m shocked there are no plans to trade Embiid or Simmons. Then build around whichever one the right way. 

The only bad thing about horford is his contract...both supes and I have acknowledged that. He’s still a good player though. For a team trying to make the playoffs you can’t be so picky about the help you can get and I will change my opinion based on how Schlenk goes about building a playoff team this off season. Everyone that’s worried about horfords contract makes me laugh as if we are in line to get some big time Star next off season . We can’t even get average players to consider Atlanta but we so stressed out about the cap 🤦🏾‍♂️...

I agree with you but that contract is just too much. Maybe at 20 million but 28 is just too much for me. If we got him, I would be happy but I can't promote him anymore to the Hawks with that contract. 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, Horford got benched for the game tonight, so far:

19 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, $28 million dollars.

Final:

23 minutes, 4 points, 2 rebounds and still $28 million dollars.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with you but that contract is just too much. Maybe at 20 million but 28 is just too much for me. If we got him, I would be happy but I can't promote him anymore to the Hawks with that contract. 

Here’s the thing though...who else are the hawks going to get ?? If we can get another key vet I’m good with that but it sounds like we have a good chance at striking out this summer.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JTB said:

They need a coach to design an offense that works before considering a trade of either Simmons or Embiid.

You have to be picky, particularly when you are still in your infancy trying to make the playoffs. 

Just because we aren't in line for a big time star doesn't mean you shouldn't be judicious with the future financial impact by taking on long bad term money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Here’s the thing though...who else are the hawks going to get ?? If we can get another key vet I’m good with that but it sounds like we have a good chance at striking out this summer.

We probably aren't making the playoffs to be honest. LP and TS probably getting fired. TS honestly, just need to draft the best and most ready NBA prospect. Then he need to getting lucky with his signings that someone does well. Too much hope is that our rookies will make that leap. Collins defense improves a lot. Capela changes things, and Kevin makes a leap. 

Cam and Hunter should make a jump but will that help winning a lot? 

Collins and Capela probably ain't gonna work that well unless John's playmaking improves a lot. 

Trae will be better. 

Kevin will be better in his new role as a 6th man. 

But the bench will likely be wack. Underachieve and likely not worth what we paid them. 

38-44 10-11 in the east. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1