• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One game at a time brother.

For the players. As I fan I can speculate ALL I want homie. 

🤝

Nobody has to participate in that conversation if they don't want to, they can keep on scrolling, right? 

Just pretend we're standing around in the cul-de-sac talking about how epic the burgers and dogs are gonna be in the block party 3 block parties from then. 

🤪

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

🤝

Anyone that doesn't want to participate in that can keep on scrolling, right?

So you wanna be the head cheerleader :cheer: is that what this is about? We all Hawk diehards but everyone knows one game at a time. Otherwise why are games played? :indifferent:

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

So you wanna be the head cheerleader :cheer: is that what this is about? We all Hawk diehards but everyone knows one game at a time. Otherwise why are games played? :indifferent:

No I want people to stop being so skittish and afraid of offending some basketball gods that don't actually exist and have the balls to dream about things beyond the next game, that none of us are actually even playing in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No I want people to stop being so skittish and afraid of offending some basketball gods that don't actually exist and have the balls to dream about things beyond the next game, that none of us are actually even playing in. 

I’ll be looking forward to celebrating with you on Saturday or Monday. :banjo: 

• Thanks 1

Just heard on ESPN with the Bucks currently favored by 2 points in game 5, if that holds then this will be 13 straight games that the Hawks have been picked to lose, the longest streak in over 30 years. Our "Other Guys" have done nothing but embarrass the gambling industry again and again. 

BELIEVE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Just heard on ESPN with the Bucks currently favored by 2 points in game 5, if that holds then this will be 13 straight games that the Hawks have been picked to lose, the longest streak in over 30 years. Our "Other Guys" have done nothing but embarrass the gambling industry again and again. 

BELIEVE!

Got to love that.  I think it would continue in the finals.  Would be amazing to be the underdog in 20 straight games en route to a championship.  Might as well put an asterisk on the banner just to make it a thing.  

They may as well track wins and losses with a third column and asterisk.  Any loss to the Atlanta Hawks is counted differently.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Got to love that.  I think it would continue in the finals.  Would be amazing to be the underdog in 20 straight games en route to a championship.  Might as well put an asterisk on the banner just to make it a thing.  

They may as well track wins and losses with a third column and asterisk.  Any loss to the Atlanta Hawks is counted differently.  

Na, if we win tonight we will be favored to win game 6 back in Atlanta, finally. 

Bucks found out in Atlanta:  Nothing comes with a guarantee in the NBA.  Just because you came here and enjoyed the night life before the game, then had your all star player injured, you lost.

Trae Young couldn't play.  Bucks were guaranteed victory!  ESPN, you goofed again!

Either of the Hawks or the Bucks must now win 2 out of the next three to go further.  It will not be easy.  These two teams didn't get this far because their competition just laid down.  Both teams are good.  I tried to tell the fans on REALGM and got banned.  But, it's true.

One game at a time.  Onward and upward!  GO BIG A

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

🤝

Nobody has to participate in that conversation if they don't want to, they can keep on scrolling, right? 

Just pretend we're standing around in the cul-de-sac talking about how epic the burgers and dogs are gonna be in the block party 3 block parties from then. 

🤪

We might be overstating our own importance by purposely not looking ahead so as to not offend the basketball gods. If we win the series against Milwaukee, beating the Suns will be tough. The got two tremendous guards in Booker and an ageless Chris Paul. Got Ayton down low, who has been excellent. Two reliable wings in Crowder and Bridges. They also will have homecourt. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We might be overstating our own importance by purposely not looking ahead so as to not offend the basketball gods. If we win the series against Milwaukee, beating the Suns will be tough. The got two tremendous guards in Booker and an ageless Chris Paul. Got Ayton down low, who has been excellent. Two reliable wings in Crowder and Bridges. They also will have homecourt. 

I think Cam playing lockdown defense is going to be a huge key if we get to play PHX. Trae should still be able to cook PHX and Ayton with their drop coverage, especially since they don't have a Giannis that can play amazing small ball 5. Obviously a key matchup will be who wins the PG battle. A lot depends on the health of Trae. I think we win as long as Trae is close to 100%. I AM very concerned the Suns are gonna have a full week off now and we aren't. We really need to end this in 6 games instead of 7 in order to get a few extra days off. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I  checked - - - ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTER:

Bucks - - - 72.1%

Hawks - - 27.9%

Does this mean that we have just quit?  

:cry:

We were supposed to roll over for the Knicks, take an ass whooping from the Sixers and get run over by the Bucks - yet here we are :beach:.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We were supposed to roll over for the Knicks, take an ass whooping from the Sixers and get run over by the Bucks - yet here we are :beach:.

My guilty pleasure ...well my other guilty pleasure is perusing the playoff threads of other teams, particularly the ones we eliminated.  It's funny to see, within the same fanbase, a group accepting that we're better than they thought vs a group clinging to the delusions and saying we got lucky or w/e.

An insane amount of Nix fans think they would've beaten us if Mitchell Robinson had played.  Mmkay.

Shout out to @TheNorthCydeRises aka President of the Monica McNutt fan club.  It was refreshing to see her admit to being too close to the situation and now accepting that the Hawks are pretty dang good.  I think my foul opinion of her, which 'cyde called me on, was due to seeing her immersed in her homerism.  She ain't as bad as I thought.  This almost sounds like an apology.  Almost.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-trail-blazers-received-less-113053656.html

Yikes.  Spurs torpedoed my Becki?  Say it ain't so.

I hope Becky gets a shot somewhere besides Orlando. I don’t want her going there. Bad things happen for coaches in Orlando. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Could Portland have facilitated that article to cover their asses for hiring Billups, and the problems that is somewhat causing for them?

Considering how they handled the intro presser for Billups, I could definitely see them fabricating this story.    Any time you have PR jump in to shut down questions, that's a bad look.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what the Hawks are gonna do to the Bucks. 

• Haha 2