• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Does Bud get fired if the Bucks lose in 5 or less games?

I would say there is a good chance if they don't have a strong showing vs Brooklyn...and they aren't having that yet. 

Also Supes, you're welcome for giving you the opportunity for you to necro a nearly 2 year old Bud-bashing thread.

😬

Edited by RandomFan

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

you could see the star in him.

I saw 👀 it in opening night when he showed up to the draft looking like the neighborhood paperboy in shorts 🩳. He had IT. I still don’t know and can’t describe IT. And sometimes I’m wrong like with Marvin Williams but saw it with Trae as well. Your a ride or die tho Soth. Forever, just don’t have our Trae beat up your boy Jokic in the finals. 😉 

• Haha 4

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes, Bud gets fired they lose this series

Yup I said the same before the season started. He needs to at least make the finals. I don’t even think 3rd round would save his job. 

Which brings me to an idea on a new thread coming in 2 minutes... Supes, you are gonna hate me, hey, I may hate me but I gotta get it out...

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup I said the same before the season started. He needs to at least make the finals. I don’t even think 3rd round would save his job. 

Which brings me to an idea on a new thread coming in 2 minutes... Supes, you are gonna hate me, hey, I may hate me but I gotta get it out...

If I am going to hate you for it, its probably a bad idea

• Haha 4

I have no sympathy for Bud ever since his attempted coup in 2016 or 2017 when he tried to trade 4 UNPROTECTED FIRST ROUND PICKS for an EXPIRING PAUL GEORGE at the trade deadline. I'm so glad the Pacers turned down that offer; they did us a favor.

If you don't believe what I just said, look at this article.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2710531-paul-george-trade-rumors-hawks-reportedly-offered-4-1st-round-picks-this-season

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, AHF said:

I lost my sympathy for Bud after he demanded that we pay him his full salary to go coach a competitor with a better roster.  I still respect him and appreciate what he did with us but that was a greedy move coupled with him fundamentally not being willing to do the right thing for this team.  That article dovetails nicely with the view that he was unwilling to do the long-term build and would sell that out for a short-term competitive boost.  

With George we would have been much better but just for reference our next 4 firsts turned out to be John Collins, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and DeAndre Hunter.

We gotten into this before and I no longer really care about Bud.  But no one, particularly at this level of business, pays out money they don't have to.  

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We gotten into this before and I no longer really care about Bud.  But no one, particularly at this level of business, pays out money they don't have to.  

I'm not sure how much exposure to this level of business you have if you think that.  Companies routinely pay out separation pay, bonuses, etc. when it is questionable whether a high ranking executive is entitled to them.  In this case, we did not have to let Bud walk and could have forced him to pass on the Bucks opportunity if he didn't want to take a buy out offer.  The Hawks could have played hardball but it would have carried the risk of negative publicity, drawing things out and creating bad feelings. 

When Bud asked to be released and paid his full contract, they could have forced a buy out or forced him to pass on the Bucks by dragging things out.  Instead, they chose to make a clean break and let him have his cake and eat it too by simply paying him the money while simultaneously giving him a prompt release to let him take the opening in Milwaukee.  I can see good reason to do this if you have to choose between a fight or just letting him walk with the money but in my judgment the appropriate resolution is to agree on some % of the remaining money owed since he is getting a new contract with his new team anyway.  So to me it is still a greedy ask to demand 100% of the remainder of your contract while also asking to be released from the remainder of your contract to go work for a competitor, imo.

Bud is lucky they didn't want to play hardball is all I'm saying because at a minimum he could have been kept off the coaching market for basically as long as the Hawks wanted to keep him off.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not sure how much exposure to this level of business you have if you think that.  Companies routinely pay out separation pay, bonuses, etc. when it is questionable whether a high ranking executive is entitled to them.  In this case, we did not have to let Bud walk and could have forced him to pass on the Bucks opportunity if he didn't want to take a buy out offer.  The Hawks could have played hardball but it would have carried the risk of negative publicity, drawing things out and creating bad feelings. 

When Bud asked to be released and paid his full contract, they could have forced a buy out or forced him to pass on the Bucks by dragging things out.  Instead, they chose to make a clean break and let him have his cake and eat it too by simply paying him the money while simultaneously giving him a prompt release to let him take the opening in Milwaukee.  I can see good reason to do this if you have to choose between a fight or just letting him walk with the money but in my judgment the appropriate resolution is to agree on some % of the remaining money owed since he is getting a new contract with his new team anyway.  So to me it is still a greedy ask to demand 100% of the remainder of your contract while also asking to be released from the remainder of your contract to go work for a competitor, imo.

Bud is lucky they didn't want to play hardball is all I'm saying because at a minimum he could have been kept off the coaching market for basically as long as the Hawks wanted to keep him off.

They made a business decision that it was in the Hawks best interest to pay him.  Whether you like his motives or not this wasn't a charitable gift.  

He didn't get 100%.  Hawks paid the difference between his new contract and what is salary was as a hawk.  

He was certainly trying to find a new job but if i remember right he was supposedly going to the knicks.  So it's not like he had a bucks contract in hand.  But that's not really the point.