• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Zeke and LP questioning Luka's ball dominance. They're questioning whether a team can win a Championship with one guy dominating the ball. Narrative shift incoming...

Uh oh. I was amazed when he accounted for like 83% of their scoring that time he went for forty. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Uh oh. I was amazed when he accounted for like 83% of their scoring that time he went for forty. 

He's amazing but he is kind of looking like a bigger James Harden right now. Houston proved that style of play has a hard ceiling in the Playoffs. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

the other guy.

I’m sorry I don’t know who you are referring to. :indifferent:

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Check yr friendly folks over at RGM.

I was gonna poke at Chuck.. decided against it. I’ve matured. Lol.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny how that works, when the Mavs were up 2-0 on the Clippers, we didn't hear that though.

Excellent point. That's why I say the "supporting cast" excuse has a limited shelf life. How many times did the Rockets get Harden "help" before they realized the problem wasn't his teammates? 

• Like 3

• Moderators

You know i don't want to bad mouth luka the way they bad mouth Trae but Luka is #1 in ppg in the playoffs right now.   But he's 25th in points in the fourth quarter despite still being #1 in FGA.   He absolutely should be taking heat for that.   He shot like 20% in the 4th quarters.   I've seen little criticism of this but not even talking about Trae, if this was Lebron, Harden, Kyrie they'd be taking heat for it.   Not Luka for some reason.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

The narrative NOW is this: Luka doesn't have the team Trae has. The only reason Trae gets anything is because he has a team around. Just imagine what Luka could do with Trae's team!

Disgusting. These idiots know Trae continues to show he's ALSO a superstar in the playoff. Now that Luka is sent home by a much better team in the Clips the narrative now is not look at Trae. It is look at poor Luka on that bad Mavs team. 

GTFO. Trae is eating your damn disrespect and turning it into gold on the court. F*** Luka and the media. They would rather die than give the Hawks and Trae any actual respect.

Hey guy. L-theanine can help with that stuff. At least a little bit. lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You know i don't want to bad mouth luka the way they bad mouth Trae but Luka is #1 in ppg in the playoffs right now.   But he's 25th in points in the fourth quarter despite still being #1 in FGA.   He absolutely should be taking heat for that.   He shot like 20% in the 4th quarters.   I've seen little criticism of this but not even talking about Trae, if this was Lebron, Harden, Kyrie they'd be taking heat for it.   Not Luka for some reason.

Sooner or later that fat percentage catches up with folks in the NBA. In Luka's case this past series it was always late in the fourth minus one big time slam I remember.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He's just out of shape!!  He has to carry the entire team all game so he's tired by the 4th, not his fault!  Real talk though I could care less about Trae v Luka comparisons or narratives.  I just want the Hawks to win no matter who is getting credit or not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Lack of conditioning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

When we were losing it was because Trae was empty stats.  When we are winning it's because we have a great supporting cast.   This only happens to Trae on a national level and it's bs.   When do Luka, Ja, Fox, SGA, sexton start getting the heat for their team's sucking rather than just 'oh they don't have a supporting cast'. 

To be fair Fox, SGA, sexton don't have a supporting cast (and sexton isn't very good) but Luka and Ja are on decent teams.  Especially Luka.   No one thought this Dallas team sucked before the season started.  These guys are solid vets who all of a sudden can't play basketball.  

Folks were saying DAL won the offseason by "stealing" Richardson from PHI and all their draft.  Fast-forward to now and they're all trash.  Funny.

Also funny is how silent all these folks are that were putting guys like Fox, SGA, and Sexton on Trae's level.  Supporting casts matter but, in supporting their guy, them dudes were saying Trae's trash and how he'd never excel in the playoffs once things get more physical, etc.

(not)Sorry for the tangent. 😏

• Like 4

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe you were joking but how's it not his fault he's out of shape?

And it's not like he's playing with Damian Jones and the ghost of Vince Carter.   Is he having to carry them or is he not getting them involved?

But yeah i hear you.  The constant comparing is tiresome.  I'm just not getting why Luka gets a pass that not only does Trae not get but true superstars like lebron, kd, harden, curry don't even get. 

Sorry my dry humor doesn't translate well here.  I was 100% joking -- those are the excuses I hear for him all the time.  The guy is the golden boy of the NBA right now, but the honeymoon phase with Luka will wear off eventually.  The guy is shooting horrendously bad in the 4th quarter and somehow the narrative changes from "not clutch" to "gassed because he has to carry the team so hard"... despite the team finishing with a very solid record in the regular season when he played 34 minutes per game.

Somewhat related, I hate how every time a playoff series ends the narrative tends to focus on the losing team and what they could or should have done better instead of what the winning team did well.  That frame always leaves you with a conversation in a negative tone instead of positive.  Kawhi had a historic series in terms of efficiency and scoring with lock down defense.  PG played a VERY good series as well as a playmaker and defender.  Kennard went off in that game 7 to make their lead unreachable (gave me PTSD from his stupid performance against us earlier this year, like 9/9 or something).  Clippers did a lot of things well that series and made adjustments the Mavs couldn't handle -- they deserved to win

• Like 1