• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Sothron said:

The narrative NOW is this: Luka doesn't have the team Trae has. The only reason Trae gets anything is because he has a team around. Just imagine what Luka could do with Trae's team!

Disgusting. These idiots know Trae continues to show he's ALSO a superstar in the playoff. Now that Luka is sent home by a much better team in the Clips the narrative now is not look at Trae. It is look at poor Luka on that bad Mavs team. 

GTFO. Trae is eating your damn disrespect and turning it into gold on the court. F*** Luka and the media. They would rather die than give the Hawks and Trae any actual respect.

The great thing is, we got a guy that will love watching them fall on their swords one by one. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sothron said:

The narrative NOW is this: Luka doesn't have the team Trae has. The only reason Trae gets anything is because he has a team around. Just imagine what Luka could do with Trae's team!

Disgusting. These idiots know Trae continues to show he's ALSO a superstar in the playoff. Now that Luka is sent home by a much better team in the Clips the narrative now is not look at Trae. It is look at poor Luka on that bad Mavs team. 

GTFO. Trae is eating your damn disrespect and turning it into gold on the court. F*** Luka and the media. They would rather die than give the Hawks and Trae any actual respect.

Hey I'm confused about how you really feel, saphron. 😆

I guess the fact that Young is making his teammates better instead of making his teammates spectators is a concept that's lost on these eggsperts.

• Like 4

Sometimes I fall for the era stuff too, but the automatic rebuff is that if this generation is so much easier to play in and put up these numbers, why aren't more guys doing it? Why are the names being mentioned alongside Trae's records from his peers or current players instead of past legends.

If 30 current players all broke the same records as Trae then you say yes, its the new generation and how the game is being called. But that is not the case so you have to look at the historical context of his feats and why it took so long for a guy to join that company that skipped over countless amazing players and other HoF'ers in the process.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

In fairness, it took the convincing of your co worker even though kg and I busted your balls to get on the Trae wagon daily. :peanut-butter-jelly-time:

that was before the season started his rookie season when I gave him a chance. If you remember he was terrible in Oct and Nov. Dec. of his rookie season he really turned it around and you could see the star in him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

If you were outraged at what you've seen/heard so far, turn off your computer 'cause I'm about to give a little rundown of what some of the NBARadio eggsperts had to say.

You turn it off yet?  Ok, for everyone else ...

- Isola is a fan, gives ATL their props (I will not say flowers) but he's in a blood feud with Holman because Hol called him a 'clown' when he tweeted praise of Trae after the Nix series.  Holman was wrong, I must admit.  Isola was giving a sincere mea culpa about being wrong about Trae but Holman responded to the tweet as if he thought Isola was being sarcastic.  Anyway, long story long, Isola rips Holman as much as he praises Trae/Hawks.

- Scalabrine was really, super excited to talk about the most dominant player for the Hawks .... Capela (huh, what?)  Yeah he's another who simply refuses to acknowledge Young is tearing new arseholes there.  Uses the typical 'with the way the game's being called' disclaimer for Trae.  Hater.  Well, lemme ask you Scal, Duh with the way the game's being called, why's Kemba Walker never done any of this?  Any why'd mvp(sic) Isaiah Thomas top out as a sideshow novelty?  Got nothin?  Thought so.

- Antonio Daniels is another with the 'with the way the game's being called' disclaimer.  Again, who else is doing what Trae's doing, sir?

- My guy Sam Mitchell - our one true fan.  Has been calling Hawks-to-ECF since the Nix matchup was set.  Said PHI didn't properly respect how good Atlanta is.  Went on and on about the roster, the shooting, the coaching.  All of it.  School 'em, Sam.

Steve Holman blocked me on Twitter I have no idea why. One time I responded to one of his tweets with a completely non offensive pro-Hawks response, then I was blocked. Steve is kind of an edgy guy I think. 

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

You want to talk about infuriating takes, listen to Bill Simmons.  He thinks Trae is great, but only because Trae upped his game recently.  
Anyone who called Trae’s greatness before Simmons did is a clown.  If you thought Trae was great prior to his recent play you were falling for empty stats on a bad team.  Only now that Simmons recognizes his greatness is it correct to notice it.

I learned that I believed too soon that Trae is a budding star.  Now that Simmons has crowned him, I can continue to believe in Trae but I must acknowledge I was wrong for thinking that too early.

Thanks Bill!

We got our Trae shares at the market low, so we are in the money.

Whew,  Bucks are getting embarrassed on TNT, down 60 to 33 with 3 minutes left before half. This is making me wonder. 

The Hawks obviously retooled their roster, which caused Bud to force his way out of ATL to go to an established team with a star. I know it's still up for debate to some, but it's pretty obvious to me that we are a better roster now than we were then. We are built to go farther in the playoffs than we ever were with Horford, Sap and crew -- no disrespect to how solid they were. But now we have a superstar to take over games and have a better roster construction, albeit admittedly still young and growing into their final form.

Bud was obviously a solid coach for us then, but I think some of us, me included, might have overvalued his contributions. He's perennially underachieved in Milwaukee in the playoffs. With what Nate is showing us, did we actually upgrade our coaching as well? 

I'm thinking the answer is 'yes.'

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Whew,  Bucks are getting embarrassed on TNT, down 60 to 33 with 3 minutes left before half. This is making me wonder. 

The Hawks obviously retooled their roster, which caused Bud to force his way out of ATL to go to an established team with a star. I know it's still up for debate to some, but it's pretty obvious to me that we are a better roster now than we were then. We are built to go farther in the playoffs than we ever were with Horford, Sap and crew -- no disrespect to how solid they were. But now we have a superstar to take over games and have a better roster construction, albeit admittedly still young and growing into their final form.

Bud was obviously a solid coach for us then, but I think some of us, me included, might have overvalued his contributions. He's perennially underachieved in Milwaukee in the playoffs. With what Nate is showing us, did we actually upgrade our coaching as well? 

I'm thinking the answer is 'yes.'

Nate always makes adjustments. It ain't his fault his teams are generally insanely overmatched 

• Premium Member

Go back and look at the teams Nate took the playoffs. Look who they then played in the playoffs.  There was no chance those teams were winning those series. 

The easy comparison is look what Thibs did with the Knicks this season. Did they overachieve? Absolutely. And he deserves credit for coaching them up. Problem is...they make the playoffs, don't get a lottery pick and have  a massive talent disparity against other playoff teams.

I said this before but I will say it again: this is the first time Nate has a team with real studs on it in the playoffs. He's already signed an extension per Stephen A. Smith. So he is going nowhere. 

Traitor Bud leaving was a blessing in disguise. We were able to tank to get a legit superstar in the draft and surround him with young talent at first and finally veteran free agents to finish the roster. This team is built to last. The Bucks mortgaged their entire future to get Jrue Holliday. He's a good player but he's not even an All Star level player. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nate always makes adjustments. It ain't his fault his teams are generally insanely overmatched 

That's what I mean. Bud has a reputation of being stubborn and unable to make proper adjustments, whereas Nate got a bum rap of not being a postseason coach simply because his teams were always less talented than their opponents. I think we may have actually upgraded our head coach over Bud, which at the time we lost Bud I didn't think was going to be possible for a looong time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That's what I mean. Bud has a reputation of being stubborn and unable to make proper adjustments, whereas Nate got a bum rap of not being a postseason coach simply because his teams were always less talented than their opponents. I think we may have actually upgraded our head coach over Bud, which at the time we lost Bud I didn't think was going to be possible for a looong time. 

Fans love tacticians too much. One is about to get fired and the other left coaching to become a GM. There is a lot to coaching. 

• Like 2