• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

Just now, warcore said:

Have you even tried saying 'Facundo Campazzo' out loud, though? Just try it.... I guarantee nothing else will matter. 

It’s soothing. Seriously. Like all your worries and carries just disappear when you yell (say)

FAAAAAACCCCUUUUUNNNDDDOOOOOOOO CAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 333333333333333333

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I told my wife if he had an Italian restaurant I’d eat there without even checking on reviews. Lol. 

Wine 🍷 and dine 🍽 and Facundo Campazzo’s. It just sounds delicious.

GF: :indifferent:

I is confused.  Wife, GF, both, same person?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

The nice thing about Luka getting All-NBA is he will be signed to a mega-max contract that will eat up more cap space and likely result in a lesser cast of supporting talent which should lead to some repeats in the future along the lines of...."if only Dallas had the supporting talent needed to carry Luka to wins the way Trae has..."

Cuban downplayed reports that Luka was unhappy with the front office. But then they fire their long time general manager. So clearly there are issues there. I personally am not a big fan of their roster construction. Too many JAGs. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone keeping up with the Suns v Clippers?

Ayton is going to be a great center for the Suns. He call ball on both ends like Embiid minus the flops.

I got nothing against Capela, that's my dawg, but its a big difference when you have a two way threat at center on the court. So much easier for the perimeter players to play off of that kind of attention in the middle.

Also, maybe it's just me but, the intensity doesn't seem the same in their series as it has been in ours so far. I feel like I'm watching a regular season game against two really good teams.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Ayton is going to be a great center for the Suns. He call ball on both ends like Embiid minus the flops.

I got nothing against Capela, that's my dawg, but its a big difference when you have a two way threat at center on the court. So much easier for the perimeter players to play off of that kind of attention in the middle.

Also, maybe it's just me but, the intensity doesn't seem the same in their series as it has been in ours so far. I feel like I'm watching a regular season game against two really good teams.

They miss Kawhi. Arguably the best player in the NBA when healthy.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No it's not just you. The Hawks have run a gauntlet of the toughest defenses in the NBA. The level of physicality the Hawks have faced throughout the Playoffs is well beyond anything I've seen in any other series. It also doesn't help that the refs are letting a lot go because they ultimately control the game. The Hawks got a break from that in Game 1 of the ECF and looked like they were Finals bound. Game 2 the Bucks were allowed to be super aggressive (and handsy) on defense which caught the Hawks off guard because that's not how Game 1 was officiated. Of course, I'm not totally blaming the officiating, but when you mentioned the "intensity" of the games this is what came to my mind. I may be reaching here, but that difference is what makes the Hawks games seem so intense and high stakes compared to these other Playoff games. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They miss Kawhi. Arguably the best player in the NBA when healthy.

Speaking of Kawhi, the dude is watching their games from the luxury box, instead of being on the bench with his teammates. Everyone loves to go in on Kyrie as selfish but Kawhi does the absolute most Me-First team second stuff all the time.

Forced the PG13 trade or else he wasnt signing, only uses his personal training staff and they have final say on whether he plays or not, only ever plays 60% of the games, and now this. 

Not in the huddle, not giving his team advice or encouragement. Nope, in the luxury box like a fan.

I can't give him credit when he lacks some basic team sport intangibles. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

No it's not just you. The Hawks have run a gauntlet of the toughest defenses in the NBA. The level of physicality the Hawks have faced throughout the Playoffs is well beyond anything I've seen in any other series. It also doesn't help that the refs are letting a lot go because they ultimately control the game. The Hawks got a break from that in Game 1 of the ECF and looked like they were Finals bound. Game 2 the Bucks were allowed to be super aggressive (and handsy) on defense which caught the Hawks off guard because that's not how Game 1 was officiated. Of course, I'm not totally blaming the officiating, but when you mentioned the "intensity" of the games this is what came to my mind. I may be reaching here, but that difference is what makes the Hawks games seem so intense and high stakes compared to these other Playoff games. 

I agree. That's a huge factor. The physicality is everything. Especially when you consider the bigs that we have faced are all physical by nature.

We were caught sleepwalking. The Knicks and Sixers literally smacked us in the mouth in several occasions. Game 1 seemed like a softball game compared to what we were used to. The Bucks flipped a switch just like they did at the end of the season and ramped up the pressure. The refs went along for the ride.

• Like 1

Side note, Devin Booker since the injury has been very average. Beverly may not have injured him on purpose but it sure has neutralized the Suns best player. Its almost the same effect as what has happened with Bogi. He just looks off, not the same.