• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there any good reason why Cam should NOT start next season?

Bonkers

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

uuummm...no, not really. Two things:

1 .  the thread creator started the discussion regarding his free throws

2. Not when your 2nd post in this thread was in response to said free throw totals, which was what I responded to after my initial response to the thread topic.

the lack of free throws topic goes directly with why Kevin shouldn’t be a starter. Which is what this thread is about, and what I’ve spoken about the entire time.  

this could have been over but people decided to go grab their capes to defend Kevin when not one lie has been told this entire thread. And I just happened to have time today 😂. It’s just  people disputing facts and hoop knowledge with hypotheticals 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do posters get lost in a discussion.  The discussion was whether your starting shooting guard should get to the line and if he doesn't, should he start over someone who does?

Er, I'm not lost. The last several posts were directly about Kevin's lack of FT shooting. I already said Cam should be starting and Kevin should be the sixth man. 

Now whose lost in a discussion? 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Er, I'm not lost. The last several posts were directly about Kevin's lack of FT shooting. I already said Cam should be starting and Kevin should be the sixth man. 

Now whose lost in a discussion? 

Seems like a lot of pages of discussion just to conclude that there is agreement with a poster

11 hours ago, AHF said:

This thread feels like some people dumping on Huerter to boost Cam.  Cam doesn't need that.  And Huerter doesn't deserve it.  These are both our Hawks and can fill valuable roles in the rotation for years to come.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47oy1r9b6qjrnv6cja57e

This post makes me glad I lost the great mod election of 2018 to you.

Oh, you didn't know that was a 'thing'? I won the popular vote but you got me in the electoral college. 😎

• Haha 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47oy1r9b6qjrnv6cja57e

This post makes me glad I lost the great mod election of 2018 to you.

Oh, you didn't know that was a 'thing'? I won the popular vote but you got me in the electoral college. 😎

😆

(Was going to make a joke about the electoral college but I've wanted to abolish that thing for 20+ years and couldn't bring myself to do it.  A topic for the political board (and one I think we have already discussed there).)

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I forgot how defensive you get when I use your quote to make a point...My apologies

I'd suggest trying not to insult the person while apologizing if you really mean it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What a double standard.  Posters attack me constantly without being warning but I'm being warned for apologizing? Wow!

No warning being given.  You notice I almost always post in large font when delivering an admonition or direction as a moderator.  Just a personal observation that insulting someone in the same breath that you are purportedly apologizing tends to undercut the apology.

You know you are encouraged to flag any inappropriate content on the site or are welcome to PM a moderator if you think you are being personally attacked, etc.  I don't see any of that on this thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

No warning being given.  You notice I almost always post in large font when delivering an admonition or direction as a moderation.  Just a personal observation that insulting someone in the same breath that you are purportedly apologizing tends to undercut the apology.

You know you are encouraged to flag any inappropriate content on the site or are welcome to PM a moderator if you think you are being personally attacked, etc.  I don't see any of that on this thread.

Why should I have to?  I'm sure Sotron didn't pm you.  It was clear that my post was not directed at him but somehow he took offense.  To me that is being defensive.  That is not an insult but a characterization of his response to me.  I've quoted many other poster to share my thoughts about a topic to a broader audience without that kind of response so his response to me is unique to him.  That much should be clear!  To say that I am wrong in that characterization is questionable given the contentious nature of this MB in general.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why should I have to?  I'm sure Sotron didn't pm you.  It was clear that my post was not directed at him but somehow he took offense.  To me that is being defensive.  That is not an insult but a characterization of his response to me.  I've quoted many other poster to share my thoughts about a topic to a broader audience without that kind of response so his response to me is unique to him.  That much should be clear!  To say that I am wrong in that characterization is questionable given the contentious nature of this MB in general.

You don't have to and there is in fact no reason for you to flag Sothron's post or report it.  It didn't attack you or break any rules.

Again, I made a personal observation (not any official action) that calling someone defensive is generally an insul.  This is because you don't call someone defensive if they had good cause to react like that.  You call them defensive when their responsive was unwarranted and instead a result of their overly defensive personality.  My point was simply that including commentary like that in an apology undercuts the apology.  If you weren't actually apologizing and thought you were right and he was wrong then there is no need to even worry about my comment.  You are more than free to take or leave my personal observations or opinions.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, AHF said:

You don't have to and there is in fact no reason for you to flag Sothron's post or report it.  It didn't attack you or break any rules.

Again, I made a personal observation (not any official action) that calling someone defensive is generally an insul.  This is because you don't call someone defensive if they had good cause to react like that.  You call them defensive when their responsive was unwarranted and instead a result of their overly defensive personality.  My point was simply that including commentary like that in an apology undercuts the apology.  If you weren't actually apologizing and thought you were right and he was wrong then there is no need to even worry about my comment.  You are more than free to take or leave my personal observations or opinions.

You're  way off on this one but I will choose to drop it

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Your post wasn't directed at me? You...quoted me and made comments about people derailing the topic. How exactly would anyone not think that was directed at them?

I'm not offended by your posts I just found it odd you choose the guy with almost no posts in a thread to make a point about the thread being derailed. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Your post wasn't directed at me? You...quoted me and made comments about people derailing the topic. How exactly would anyone not think that was directed at them?

I'm not offended by your posts I just found it odd you choose the guy with almost no posts in a thread to make a point about the thread being derailed. 

People quote me all of the time and I don't take it personal.  in fact AHF quoted me in response to you in that same post and I didn't take it personal.  I assumed that he wasn't just talking to me but everyone else in the discussion.  I guess that is just the difference between me and you.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

People quote me all of the time and I don't take it personal.  in fact AHF quoted me in response to you in that same post and I didn't take it personal.  I assumed that he wasn't just talking to me but everyone else in the discussion.  I guess that is just the difference between me and you.

So if someone quotes your posts you don't think they are actually talking to you? 

I guess there is a difference between me and you.

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

So if someone quotes your posts you don't think they are actually talking to you? 

I guess there is a difference between me and you.

Yeah, Sometimes its just a general discussion.  This is a message board not a phone conversation.