• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something is fishy...

TRW

and I don't like how it smells. If it's true that we're trying to sign Gallinari then that can't be good for John Collins staying. I (TITS) Trust In Travis Schlenk but this better not lead to us trading Collins for Gordon Hayward. If we're trading Collins to Boston, or Indiana in some kind of three way trade, we better be getting at least Jaylen Brown back. Giving up Collins for Hayward isn't a great move. If you're willing to pay Hayward anything between 28 to 35 million a year, then you might as well suck it up and give the max to Collins.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Good teams have multiple, quality Bigs. Collins/Capela/Okongwu can be that for the Hawks. We aren't trading Collins. The most we would do is not re-sign Skal and trade Dedmon. If he's not used in a S&T for Hayward, Dedmon + OKC pick to NOLA, who now has Lonzo, Bledsoe, Lewis Jr,  and Hill makes a lot of sense for both teams.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, TRW said:

this better not lead to us trading Collins for Gordon Hayward.

Giving up Collins for Hayward isn't a great move. 

We absolutely will not trade Collins for Hayward.  Put your mind at ease on that one!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The only "concern" I would have is that the slimeball Danny Ainge would try to get Capela instead of Dedmon but there's no way TS does that, imo.  IF Supes is right and GH wants to be in ATL then the it's either Opt Out and sign with cap space or Opt In and trade for Dedmon.  

Also should not be a concern.  There is no reason for Atlanta to part with ANYTHING for Hayward.  If he really wants to be in Atlanta, opt out and sign a new deal - it's that simple.

My thoughts:

- I think his 1st preference is to go to Indy, but Indy also doesn't want him at $34 million (cap issues) on an expiring deal and unwilling to give him an extension to that $34 mil.  Indy would have to send out salary to match that $34 million, Turner/Dipo  or some other combo.  Indy probably declines including Turner, I think they can get better value for a 24year old big man than an expiring Hayward.

I think Hayward is really reluctant to give up his $34 million this season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The only "concern" I would have is that the slimeball Danny Ainge would try to get Capela instead of Dedmon but

oh, and let me add...Hawks are focused on making he playoffs why would we trade Capela.  The reason to trade Dedmon in a Hayward trade is to clear cap for a follow-up trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TRW said:

and I don't like how it smells. If it's true that we're trying to sign Gallinari then that can't be good for John Collins staying. I (TITS) Trust In Travis Schlenk but this better not lead to us trading Collins for Gordon Hayward. If we're trading Collins to Boston, or Indiana in some kind of three way trade, we better be getting at least Jaylen Brown back. Giving up Collins for Hayward isn't a great move. If you're willing to pay Hayward anything between 28 to 35 million a year, then you might as well suck it up and give the max to Collins.

This should help ease your anxiety, from Kirschner's article this morning:

Also, according to sources, Okongwu’s selection does not impact Collins’ future in any way, and Collins’ value to the franchise hasn’t changed. Both sides are interested in getting a deal done, but it’s still to be determined if they’ll be able to agree on financials before the start of the season. It should be noted that while there’s some belief that Okongwu could end up playing some minutes at the four, that won’t happen immediately. He’ll have to prove he can shoot in order to play with a traditional center like Capela.

https://theathletic.com/2207368/2020/11/19/nba-draft-hawks-onyeka-okongwu/?source=emp_shared_article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

oh, and let me add...Hawks are focused on making he playoffs why would we trade Capela.  The reason to trade Dedmon in a Hayward trade is to clear cap for a follow-up trade.

Just to be clear - in case it wasn't - I was in no way advocating for that to happen.  I was just saying that I could see Ainge asking for Capela.  There's ZERO reason for TS to ever agree to it.  

• Thanks 2