• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Dunn to have ankle surgery on Dec 30th

gurpilo

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is why Goodwin must be developed.  He's the next best defensive guard on the team.

Whether it be because of injury, or because of COVID, the 3rd teamers at key spots need to be developed.

Goodwin’s vision has to improve. Sometimes he gets too tunnel visioned on the court to where he misses wide open guys.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, HawkingAwesome said:

after the fact

How can you say this lol... you have no idea what decision was made and with what info.  They very well could have known he was possibly going to need a minor surgery... that actually makes sense given how much PG depth we signed to our roster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

after the fact

Within a month is pretty "hawking" good if you're familiar with the timelines it takes to get a proper diagnosis most of the time. Arthroscopic surgery should be a quick fix and recovery.

I mean it sucks but this is why we have depth.  We have Goodwin but we also have a lot of other guys that can fill in and handle the rock too (i.e. Huerter, Cam, etc.).  We've been alright without him and will continue to but I know he'll be a huge asset once fully healthy.  

Even if it takes half of the season for him to get 100% I'd rather that be the case when we're playing basketball that really matters than to come back early and have something else happen.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, BangHolman said:

Within a month is pretty "hawking" good if you're familiar with the timelines it takes to get a proper diagnosis most of the time. Arthroscopic surgery should be a quick fix and recovery.

Clearly not hawking good enough. The hawks teamed with emory to avoid this, or so i thought. 

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Clearly not hawking good enough. The Hawks teamed with Emory to avoid this, or so I thought. 

Knee problem, probably caused by ankle problem, which no one thought to check.  Emory did find the problem and it's being fixed.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

You can't miss what you never had. 

I'm imagining you with bionic knees, @Gray Mule.

Have I told you in the past that my grandfather used to love to sing bits and pieces from "Johnson's Ole Grey Mule?"  Every time I see your name on here I hee-haw a couple of times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I firmly believe if Dunn is available 2 days ago, we beat the Nets. Get well soon.

Possibly. Maybe

This team is going to be at 85% strength AT BEST all season it seems. Especially if they are going to sit Rondo even after days off and only 15-16 minutes played the previous game. Im not a fan but it makes us stronger when we do get guys like Dunn, Gallo, OO, and Snell back.

That's a ton of firepower on the mend, plus the limited availability of Rondo.

Looks like the "Core" this year will be Tre-Cam-Dre-JC-Clint-Bogi and Kev. Gallo when he is healthy but that's not looking likely, so I will consider him a Rondo type for now. A key player with 50% availability.

Backup PG will be random due to health and availability.

Hill and Bruno will see more or less minutes depending on who is available each night. Gallo should take most of their minutes when healthy, and then OO may end being up a factor. Snell could be a matchup activation if we need more firepower, Hill for defense.

Long story short, we better get used to missing guys and learning how to win "short" handed. You only need 9 contributing bodies in rotation most nights and there arent many guys Im really worried about seeing the court on this roster. It was Knight and Mays, but it's probably only Mays now after how well Knight has done.

I just want guys to get healthy so WE can make the call on who to sit. Right now we are getting by with a  patchwork bench unit.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, mrhonline said:

I'm imagining you with bionic knees, @Gray Mule.

Have I told you in the past that my grandfather used to love to sing bits and pieces from "Johnson's Ole Grey Mule?"  Every time I see your name on here I hee-haw a couple of times.

I still have my old knees.  I do have 4 screws in my right hip where I fell at work and broke it 22 years ago.  This happened 2 days before my scheduled retirement from the USPS.  I was a rural carrier.

"Johnson had an old Grey Mule - His name was Simon Slick - And when that mule got mad - Oh how that mule could kick!

Or something like that any way.

😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1