• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is tonight the real litmus test for the Hawks?

REHawksFan

The 2nd of a back to back, against a good squad that doesn't garner a lot of public attention, and coming off a huge 2 game set that the team even referred to as a measuring stick miniseries. This is a game I could easily see the team not coming out for and the Cavs taking it to them.

I'd love to see them handle their business tonight just like its any other game. Would signal a maturity to this team and would be a really good sign for the season imo. 

Thoughts?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The 2nd of a back to back, against a good squad that doesn't garner a lot of public attention, and coming off a huge 2 game set that the team even referred to as a measuring stick miniseries. This is a game I could easily see the team not coming out for and the Cavs taking it to them.

I'd love to see them handle their business tonight just like its any other game. Would signal a maturity to this team and would be a really good sign for the season imo. 

Thoughts?

I think it is too early in the season to define this game as a 'litmus test'.  This is the first of several back to back games for the Hawks this season.  Ask this question after 20 games and we'll probably have a better idea how the Hawks will do with these opportunities.

• Like 1

It is A litmus test, but not THE litmus test.

It is definitely a trap game against a team that is a lot better than people gave them credit for. The same way Detroit was able to make us sweat, Cleveland can very well smack us in the mouth early if we arent careful.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

It is A litmus test, but not THE litmus test.

It is definitely a trap game against a team that is a lot better than people gave them credit for. The same way Detroit was able to make us sweat, Cleveland can very well smack us in the mouth early if we arent careful.

Exactly. That's what I'm concerned about. The Hawks always had let downs after big games the past two seasons. This is a more experienced group with some quality vets added in, so I hope that makes a difference. I want to see them dominate against an inferior opponent from start to finish rather than play to the level of their competition. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not a litmus test.

But a test to see how we handle a back to back and more importantly our mindset playing a team that doesn't have the cache like the Nets. Do we take them lightly or have the same intensity and focus playing g2 vs Nets. Similar to losing our focus vs the Pistons.

• Like 2