Game post-poned

HawkItus

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Noooooooooo.   Crap.    Why?  do we have positive tests?

Probably Wizards fault as usual..They just played Phoenix..

Just saw post above..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is the big benefit here.  We have a lot of guys beat up who could use the rest.  Just as much, we have some guys who could really use a couple of days in practice sessions that are focused on improving our execution and discipline on both ends of the floor.

But we already made the trip out there. Now we are stuck in the hotel with the Covid restrictions. I don't see this a positive.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But we already made the trip out there. Now we are stuck in the hotel with the Covid restrictions. I don't see this a positive.

Well a 2 game road trip is better than a 3 game road trip..Can we go ahead and head to Utah? lol

Edited by terrell

It's going to hard for the NBA if they are following strict contact tracing protocols. I'm not sure that's doable. So let's say a guy tests positive for Covid-19. Let's say he played in a game last night. So basically everyone in the game when he was on the floor will be in contact tracing. That's going to be too disruptive. Baseball didn't allow Covid positive players to play of course, but they they didn't go overboard with contact tracing game suspensions. Baseball is natural social distanced however, so I understand its different. But if everytime someone tests positive that team and the team they played have to be out a week for contact tracing, good luck with that. That's going to be a scheduling and logistical nightmare. They have to ease up a bit.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's going to hard for the NBA if they are following strict contact tracing protocols. I'm not sure that's doable. So let's say a guy tests positive for Covid-19. Let's say he played in a game last night. So basically everyone in the game when he was on the floor will be in contact tracing. That's going to be too disruptive. Baseball didn't allow Covid positive players to play of course, but they they didn't go overboard with contact tracing game suspensions. Baseball is natural social distanced however, so I understand its different. But if everytime someone tests positive that team and the team they played have to be out a week for contact tracing, good luck with that. That's going to be a scheduling and logistical nightmare. They have to ease up a bit.

I think it's a fluid situation.  Right now they are seeing spread and having to cancel games so this is trying to stop it from getting so bad they have to halt the season.  I think what you describe is the reasonable way to do it when spread is minimal. 

• Like 1

Covid19 is the reason for all this.  Shots for everyone.  50 per team would probably cover everyone close, including coaches and officials.  Supposedly there is millions of shots going out.

👨‍🌾

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Baseball's too different to compare, imho.  Opponents are naturally distanced plus outside.  I think everyone involved, fans included, should recognize it's just gonna be hard to trudge through the season.  Need to expand rosters and live with the results of that.

Players are gonna have to live with limitations of their personal liberties.  Not fair, but it is what it is.  Either that or plan on giving back (or forgoing) money.

Call it a furlough so they can relate to the rest of us.  Or maybe do without going to so-and-so's album release or what-her-name's birthday bash or capitol storm (not leaving you out, Gordon 😏).

C'mon, it was (kinda) funny, no?  Ah, don't look at me like that, bleachk.

I don't think GH is especially political, it's more the wife. She's an avowed die-hard Trump supporter. Trump did get 75,000,000 votes, so no surprise there. I voted third party myself. Probably should get off politics before the mods draw their weapons.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Covid19 is the reason for all this.  Shots for everyone.  50 per team would probably cover everyone close, including coaches and officials.  Supposedly there is millions of shots going out.

👨‍🌾

Silver has said they can't because that would be "skipping the line" as their players are young and healthy. But yet they have to keep those young, healthy person hermetically sealed in hotel rooms for the next 4 to 5 months. It's beyond irrational.