• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BSPN

TRW

On 2/10/2021 at 10:25 PM, NBASupes said:

Trae really isn't liked. If that was Steph. That would not be what they are saying

I was telling people last season that Trae wasn't liked, and people scoffed at it.

But he's not liked.  Refs probably get tired of his complaining at times.  Opposing players don't like him either, and actually tries to punk him at times.  

I think national commentators haven't watched him enough to appreciate his game.  You could tell that was the case by the way Van Gundy was talking about him early in that game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was telling people last season that Trae wasn't liked, and people scoffed at it.

But he's not liked.  Refs probably get tired of his complaining at times.  Opposing players don't like him either, and actually tries to punk him at times.  

I think national commentators haven't watched him enough to appreciate his game.  You could tell that was the case by the way Van Gundy was talking about him early in that game.

But @bleachkit likes this guy and he was talking like he never seen Trae live or respected his game at all.

Edited by NBASupes

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But @bleachkit likes this guy and he was talking like he never seen Trae live or respected his game at all.

Actually JVG was extremely complimentary of Trae. He commended his adept passing and tight handle. Show me one instance of "disrespect" during the broadcast. For some reason the cool thing to do for fans is talk about how the national media doesn't respect you enough, and then to interpret a fair unbiased national broadcast as being some type of slight. When youre used to homers who offer nothing more than lame catch phrases like Nique, it probably sounds that way. Grow up, put your big boy pants on. Stop pretending to be a victim of the national media. JVG was spot on with his analysis. He fairly praised Trae's remarkable skill, but also correctly pointed out that Jalen Brunson was going right at him, which he was. All true and all fair.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's no surprise.   It's silly to call that legal contact though.  They should claim that Trae flopped if you want to make it a good call.  No where is it legal to push the screener to the ground especially with a forearm up in his face.   I get they aren't going to call it at the end of the game but 99/100 times that would get called earlier in the game so not sure how it is legal. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

That's no surprise.   It's silly to call that legal contact though.  They should claim that Trae flopped if you want to make it a good call.  No where is it legal to push the screener to the ground especially with a forearm up in his face.   I get they aren't going to call it at the end of the game but 99/100 times that would get called earlier in the game so not sure how it is legal. 

They literally called an illegal screen on Clint for touching Brunson's back. 

I'm not too upset, but the Hawks have to learn how to close out these games.  They have lost about 5 or 6 games they should won.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Actually JVG was extremely complimentary of Trae. He commended his adept passing and tight handle. Show me one instance of "disrespect" during the broadcast. For some reason the cool thing to do for fans is talk about how the national media doesn't respect you enough, and then to interpret a fair unbiased national broadcast as being some type of slight. When youre used to homers who offer nothing more than lame catch phrases like Nique, it probably sounds that way. Grow up, put your big boy pants on. Stop pretending to be a victim of the national media. JVG was spot on with his analysis. He fairly praised Trae's remarkable skill, but also correctly pointed out that Jalen Brunson was going right at him, which he was. All true and all fair.

Trae pretty much got killed on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.  They all but said that he flopped on the play.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is spot on.  Had that same play happened with 4 minutes left in the game, they're calling that almost every time.  Fans just want the refs to be consistent.  Don't change your reffing style, depending on if it's 30 seconds left in the game or not.

What happens if Huerter throws the lob and is hit in the air while he catches and shoots, but miss the shot.  Will that be called "incidental contact"?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I probably wouldnt like him either if he wasnt on my team tbh....lol

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae pretty much got killed on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.  They all but said that he flopped on the play.

I don't think it was so much a flop, as it is just muscle memory. Basketball players are trained to go down when someone plows into them. It was a foul but they never call that in that situation. Kinda bad luck on our part. But that was a makeable shot from Gallo.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't think it was so much a flop, as it is just muscle memory. Basketball players are trained to go down when someone plows into them. It was a foul but they never call that in that situation. Kinda bad luck on our part. But that was a makeable shot from Gallo.

Exactly.  I'm pretty much over it but don't pour salt on it and claim it was 'legal contact'.   I'd have accepted that it was an illegal screen or a flop before believing that's legal contact.   I'd like to see someone try to fight over a screen like that early in the game tonight and see what we get.  (not really but kind of).

• Moderators

He legit got knocked over.  Wasn't a flop or muscle memory going down, etc.   WCS is nearly a foot taller and 60-70 lbs heavier.  When someone that much larger runs into you when you are focusing on getting into position to receive the ball, you are going to go down.  I've been in Trae's position on plenty enough plays over the years to know how pissed off he was.  When someone who is that much larger just knocks you over and the ref ignores it, you can lose your cool very easily.  My first reaction is that I should then be allowed to just grab the other person and throw them down or do whatever is needed to achieve the same effect (simply running into them will just result in knocking the bigger player off balance which is not a symmetrical outcome to putting them on their ###) and then you have to get it under control.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1