Travis Schlenk interview

bleachkit

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

lol..okay.  What this because I liked a comment that Trae was benched because he was injured? If so, I pass out likes like pennies..lol

Appears you were right though Bleachy.

Just now, marco102 said:

lol..okay.  What this because I liked a comment that Trae was benched because he was injured? If so, I pass out likes like pennies..lol

Appears you were right though Bleachy.

Yes, if someone likes a comment i'd assume they are agreeing with the remark. So I wanted to provide clarity that Trae was in fact benched, not taken out for injury. If it was injury, Travis would not have made that remark.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I think we all know at this point Lou was playing better and Trae was benched because of that. 

It is also possible Trae wasn’t playing well because he was hurt. So was Trae available? Yes, but that version of Trae wasn’t as good as what we had going with Lou, so I’m glad our coach made the right decision.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Man you guys are relentless trying to prove a point.  Lol. A dip on minutes because Lou had it going is just good coaching. Nate knows it begins and ends with Trae. 

Agreed, but it wasn't due to injury as you suggested. It was because Lou had it going. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

A dip on minutes because Lou had it going is just good coaching. Nate knows it begins and ends with Trae. 

I'm with you.   Seems a stretch to say Trae was benched other than i guess the literal sense.   Trae had no issue with it it seems and came back and dropped 30/10.   Good coaching.   Great talent.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, bleachkit said:

Why do you term it "being benched"?

We all saw that game.  Lou was red hot and had it going.  Nate opted to leave Lou in, and Trae willingly accepted it and cheered Lou on.   Trae wasn't tripping off of that at all.   If anything, it showing the maturity of the team.

Collins was done the same way in a later game, when Gallo had it going and John basically sat out most of the 4th quarter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why do you term it "being benched"?

We all saw that game.  Lou was red hot and had it going.  Nate opted to leave Lou in, and Trae willingly accepted it and cheered Lou on.   Trae wasn't tripping off of that at all.   If anything, it showing the maturity of the team.

Collins was done the same way in a later game, when Gallo had it going and John basically sat out most of the 4th quarter.

Call it whatever you want, but many claimed Trae wasn't in because of injury. I was merely providing evidence to the contrary, in this case strait from our general manager. Im not sure why you are using a strawman argument here. If you don't like the lexicon of "being benched", then feel free to use an alternate terminology that you find less offensive. 

Edited by bleachkit

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Call it whatever you want, but many claimed Trae wasn't in because of injury. I was merely providing evidence to the contrary, in this case strait from our general manager. Im not sure why you are using a strawman argument here. If you don't like the lexicon of "being benched", then feel free to use an alternate terminology that you find less offensive. 

But Trae DID get taken out of the game because he was shaken up a little bit.  When Trae was ready to go back in, Nate opted to stay with Lou . . and Trae was cool with it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But Trae DID get taken out of the game because he was shaken up a little bit.  When Trae was ready to go back in, Nate opted to stay with Lou . . and Trae was cool with it.

I wasnt trying to imply Trae was upset or disgruntled about it, Trae is a professional. 

• Like 1