• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forgotten Hawks of Years Past

AUhawksfan

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Feel like the perfect answer for this question has to be someone who had a legit NBA career and whose Hawk time is barely a whiff of a memory. 

This is part of the criteria I assumed, and/but also, that it's a player who at some point earned All-Star credentials (or was otherwise fairly well-known perhaps for other reasons) and who, though his Hawks time now is not as widely remembered, it was, nonetheless, at least a season or two in length. (But again... all of that was my presumption.)

11 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Flip Murray. 

How do you forget Flip? He put the ball in the bucket. 6th man bucket getter. Having said that he never met a shot he didn’t love.

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

He was like a bull.  

Strong like bull.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

How do you forget Flip? He put the ball in the bucket. 6th man bucket getter. Having said that he never met a shot he didn’t love.

His year with us was by far the best of his career.  By a country mile.

• Like 4

I was gonna say GP but he never suited up 😂 (btw is he gonna join Nate on the bench or did he just tease us?) 

Lemme think here... Travis Mays was somebody I had a weird love affair for when I was younger but knee injuries derailed his career. For some odd reason I was infatuated with him when we got him from the Kings.

Jim Les is another one speaking of the Kings. Not infatuated with him but he was there for a minute I think. 

Trying to think of a good one..

I dunno..

Bobby Sura (platinum player, he wore a shirt that said that once) wanted him in the 95 draft but I think he went a pick before us to the Cavs and we got Dr. Alan Henderson.

Still haven’t nailed one here though..

I guess that’s all I can think of now.. damnit I wanted a gem 💎 

Morlon Wiley had 20 something assists for us. At the time we were starved for a pg and this cat came in and straight balled out a few games if memory serves and knew he had to get the ball to Nique.

OH, SNOOP GRAHAM. In a rebuilding era of Hawks ball he got a lot of touches and empty stats.

That’s all I got.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

His year with us was by far the best of his career.  By a country mile.

Ya I remember him before with the Sonics and he was decent but nothing like with us. It was a time where we had all the good sixth men year after year, I think it started with him, then Craw, then Lou, then wait for it...DESHAWN STEVENSON!!! (You’re welcome) 😊 

• Like 4

There was another guy that briefly played for us, I believe his name was Maaarr something or other, oh Marvin Williams, very briefly he was a throw in on a trade for us.

(Ps I still have 2 jersey’s on Marv both bought in 2006. I thought he was gonna be WORTHY (James). Oops 😬 One of them is a beautiful yellow alternate jersey if anyone wants to make a bid for it, it’s a smedium though and fits true to size.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think any Hawks fan will EVER forget Bobby Sura.   Trying to get a fake triple double. SMH...and trying to win too many games...I think that was the Dwight Howard draft.

Oh god I forgot about the triple double attempt. I do remember us going on a tear for no reason to go from like worst to like 5th or so then dropping in the lottery to take my CHILD at 6. 🤦 

I wanted Iggy and Smoove. I had a weirdly infatuated with Iggy and his right bod at Zona. Don’t show kg this he’s gonna comment on the aforementioned “tight bod”...  😶 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

take my CHILD at 6.

I remember going to a few Stanford games and thinking Childress should not be a first round pick, if anything late 20’s pick definitely NOT #6 overall, that was as bad as our DeMarr Johnson pick at 6 in 2000. 🤦 

Apparently the 6th pick for us is unlucky but #5 (Trae and Hunter (Mavs/Lakers) and #19 (Collins/Huerter) have been a godsend.

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bobby Sura (platinum player, he wore a shirt that said that once) wanted him in the 95 draft but I think he went a pick before us to the Cavs and we got Dr. Alan Henderson.

Will never forget the guy who cost us OG Dwight Howard.

• Like 3

Ah, I remember it well.  Hawks passed on a needed PG and took Marvin instead.  Marvin wasn't bad, he just wasn't that PG that we passed on.  Now, every night the Hawks are on TV, there is that same PG in three or four commercials.  Hard to forget the player that was never a Hawk when we see him every night.

:cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1