• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forgotten Hawks of Years Past

AUhawksfan

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

How many times in NBA history has a none 10 day contract guy played just one game for a team before getting cut or traded? Can't think of anyone else. 

I don't know that the timing is unprecedented but usually guys don't even play when a team intends to retrade them or cut them.  Nobody jumps to mind for me either.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Combing through rosters, appearantly Wesley Person of Cleveland Cavs fame was a Hawk. Have no recollection of that one. 

And another never talked about Hawk who used to play a pretty prominant role in some of our bad Shareef teams is Nazr Mohammed. The throwaway piece in the Mutombo deal if I recall. 

Nazr was forgotten!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Rasheed Wallace had one nice game as a Hawk. 

One game with us then flipped to Detroit and he takes home a championship trophy that season. Remember Sheed yapping at Przbilla to get more into it that one particular game with us. It worked. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not as forgotten, but I had a coworker who really thought Shelvin Mack was our future at PG. Another coworker thought Buddy Hield (the year before he was drafted) was the next ‘big’ thing in the NBA..they’d debate about who would be better and me being the person I am, I would try to find random/nice ways to make them both feel ‘right’ but wrong at the same time lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Also throwing in the other J. Collins who randomly helped us beat a prime Dwight Howard in the playoffs in 2011. I never knew why we had a guy on the bench, Anthony Miller..that willingly went with pig as a nickname either lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Nazr was forgotten!  

He actually played a pretty big role for former UK players.  You can get some really deep cuts like Jeff Sheppard who were true flashes in the pan.  Nazr ended up a pretty solid NBA player.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, AHF said:

He actually played a pretty big role for former UK players.  You can get some really deep cuts like Jeff Sheppard who were true flashes in the pan.  Nazr ended up a pretty solid NBA player.

I meant he was not forgotten ... he contributed to us

• Premium Member

Ok... Went through all four pages of this..  Where is:

Hanno Mottola?

Al Henderson?

Shelden...  Mr. Parker. 

Matt Maloney.

Ok... these guys wasn't that popular...

How about Craig Ehlo....  Jordan Punched me in the eye on his way to the finals?

How about LaPhonzo Ellis?

Shelvin "Return of the" Mack...

And Last but not Least.... This guy!!!!!

285 Toni Kukoc Hawks Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

He may be a Hall of Famer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

And Last but not Least.... This guy!!!!!

285 Toni Kukoc Hawks Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

He may be a Hall of Famer. 

He was mentioned earlier in the thread but for me he is definitely not forgotten.  On the HOF side, he will probably get in solely due to the stupidly low bar for international players.  He should not have a prayer of being a HOF based on his NBA career.  He didn't even make an All-Star team.