• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate getting the boys ready for the BS that is coming their way!!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Man I hope they call these games straight!! 

I watched the Lakers play the Warriors.   These games won't be called straight.   Star power still runs the NBA.  Our series with NY should be fair because there are two young teams with no mega stars.   But whoa unto them who has to play Brooklyn. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dejay said:

Agreed. When you have 14 of 16 'experts' favoring a team to win over the other with identical records, along with just about everyone who aren't Hawk fans talking about how much better the league is now that the Knicks are relevant again, what does that tell you?

If you don't think that the national folks aren't salivating over a Knicks-Sixers second round matchup, there's some swampland in Florida I'd gladly sell to you at a discount. They want absolutely nothing to do with having to mention the Hawks on the air other than them getting stomped out. Them's the facts.

They will have to win by double digits in MSG to avoid a Montreal Screwjob-esque finish up there. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA assigned one of the Hebner brothers as one of the officials.

Nationally, having playoff games in NY at Madison Square Garden is bigger than having the best team win.  But I just believe that we're better than the Knicks.  I know that the Knicks are scrappy.. but we're better.    If we can take the first game from them... it may be enough to give us momentum. 

Nate is doing the right thing though.   We have to develop thick skin...  No arguing with refs... our mentality has to become a Jordan mentality.   The score is Zero-Zero everytime down. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I watched the Lakers play the Warriors.   These games won't be called straight.   Star power still runs the NBA.  Our series with NY should be fair because there are two young teams with no mega stars.   But whoa unto them who has to play Brooklyn. 

I was actually very surprised that they didn't let Lebron get away with his B.S. flopping. At least in the third and fourth quarter which is when I started watching. There was an offensive foul call which. with Lebron jumping up and into the offensive player and acting like he got hit in the face when there was no contact that was first ruled offensive and then challenged and overtunred, and another huge call where Draymond hit Lebron in the face (unintentionally) that was NOT called a flagrant. Of course Steph is a huge star himself and GS draws viewers so it could just be a case of the NBA wanting BOTH of these teams to make it. A fully expect the GS Memphis game to be extremely lopsided. 

P.S. it was soooo annoying seeing Lebron act like he was blind after that hit, constantly saying "I can't see" and crying like a little bitch in the sideline. God I hate this man. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I was actually very surprised that they didn't let Lebron get away with his B.S. flopping. At least in the third and fourth quarter which is when I started watching. There was an offensive foul call which. with Lebron jumping up and into the offensive player and acting like he got hit in the face when there was no contact that was first ruled offensive and then challenged and overtunred, and another huge call where Draymond hit Lebron in the facte(unintentionally) that was NOT called a flagrant. Of course Steph is a huge star himself and GS draws viewers so it could just be a case of the NBA wanting BOTH of these teams to make it. A fully expect the GS Memphis game to be extremely lopsided. 

Can't believe Lebron had grown men poking him in the face.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't believe Lebron had grown men poking him in the face.  

Draymond Green is embarassing IMO. I don't know how advanced metrics love him, he had so many horrible plays that game, especially in the third quarter dude was a turn over machine. Then on defense he has all the athletecism of a pregnant cow, barely getting up half an inch off the ground to contest that Lebron drive. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Draymond Green is embarassing IMO. I don't know how advanced metrics love him, he had so many horrible plays that game, especially in the third quarter dude was a turn over machine. Then on defense he has all the athletecism of a pregnant cow, barely getting up half an inch off the ground to contest that Lebron drive. 

That may be overstating it.  For example, he is 70th in Win Shares this season.  His 4.6 tie him with Reggie Bullock, Danny Green, and Jamal Murray (and Murray missed 1/5 of the season) so it isn't exactly the world beaters of the NBA.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

That may be overstating it.  For example, he is 70th in Win Shares this season.  His 4.6 tie him with Reggie Bullock, Danny Green, and Jamal Murray so it isn't exactly the world beaters of the NBA.

Yea, but he is 14th in WAR and 18th in Net Raptor which both take defense more into account. I guess his defense must be amazing because offensively he is a train wreck. 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, but he is 14th in WAR and 18th in Net Raptor which both take defense more into account. I guess his defense must be amazing because offensively he is a train wreck. 

Can't disagree with any of that.  A big part of it is also his assist numbers.  He is third in the league in assists per game and has a markedly better A/TO ratio than either Westbrook or Trae.  That pumps his advanced metrics along with his defense.  

• Like 1

Yo, Green is so trash lol Im exaggerating, he is obviously a really "good" player. But my goodness he is limited offensively. He tried to back down a guard like he was Charles Barkley and front rimmed the layup. He is such a joke to me lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Nationally, having playoff games in NY at Madison Square Garden is bigger than having the best team win.  But I just believe that we're better than the Knicks.  I know that the Knicks are scrappy.. but we're better.    If we can take the first game from them... it may be enough to give us momentum. 

Nate is doing the right thing though.   We have to develop thick skin...  No arguing with refs... our mentality has to become a Jordan mentality.   The score is Zero-Zero everytime down. 

Yes, but not just that, having great games, exciting/close, similar to the Lakers and Warriors last night. They want the drama and buzz in the building. So if anything expect the calls to keep it close down the stretch.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yes, but not just that, having great games, exciting/close, similar to the Lakers and Warriors last night. They want the drama and buzz in the building. So if anything expect the calls to keep it close down the stretch.

Yeah.  that's the thing.  It's not so much about making calls to help Ny as much as it is to promote what they think is the compelling product.  Randle and Drose are the guys they obviously want to talk about and see them have good series.  They probably want Trae to shine too but to a lesser extent.    so Randle and Drose are probably going to be getting a lot of calls on offense and be allowed to push folks around on D.  And the absolute last thing they want is to not have as many games in msg as possible.    I just hope the stars show up courtside for the Hawks in Atlanta.  I think they will.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Nate is doing the right thing but maybe not how anyone is thinking.  Nate is already putting the NBA and their officials on notice about calling the game in NY's favor. He has planted the seed early and drawn attention to it before it ever happens (and without ever criticizing the officiating).  Its genius!  Any controversial calls and an attention seeking reporter can easily reference this early practice. There's a reason Nate said it out loud...he wanted attention drawn to it right away. Protecting his guys before he has to protect his guys.

Didn't even think of it that way. Excellent Phil Jackson like chess move. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Nate is doing the right thing but maybe not how anyone is thinking.  Nate is already putting the NBA and their officials on notice about calling the game in NY's favor. He has planted the seed early and drawn attention to it before it ever happens (and without ever criticizing the officiating).  Its genius!  Any controversial calls and an attention seeking reporter can easily reference this early practice. There's a reason Nate said it out loud...he wanted attention drawn to it right away. Protecting his guys before he has to protect his guys.

Sadly no one is paying attention to anything Nate does or says outside of Atlanta fans. So not 100% on board with this take.