• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking at Game 2 NYK

Diesel

• Premium Member

For game two....

I expect that we will see Bogi being the ball handler a majority of the time to allow Trae to play without the ball.  If they want the Reggie Miller, treatment they can get the Reggie Miller treatment and have Trae run those double teams through picks... until he gets free.  Then it's the floater or the 3. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

For game two....

I expect that we will see Bogi being the ball handler a majority of the time to allow Trae to play without the ball.  If they want the Reggie Miller, treatment they can get the Reggie Miller treatment and have Trae run those double teams through picks... until he gets free.  Then it's the floater or the 3. 

The last few games of the season I remember specifically, Bogi bringing the ball up court to start the 2nd half, even if no pressure on Trae.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The last few games of the season I remember specifically, Bogi bringing the ball up court to start the 2nd half, even if no pressure on Trae.

It's smart basketball.   Since he can score also, switch the roles every so often.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We won with Trae scoring and assisting early, and the same results late. We will still need the later results, but we need to have a plan to use Trae as a decoy in the first. 

I think Nate needs to be creative with his rotations to keep Trae feeling good and comfortable with his offense. Find ways to get him minutes when they aren’t double teaming him and trapping him (assuming they do) so he is fresh for the fourth.

• Like 1

I thought the rotations being used in game 1 by the Hawks were an interesting change. Felt as if it almost backfired, but it makes sense if you feel confident about your depth IMO to "attempt" this vs a Thibs team and adjust as necessary (Trae, Bogdan, and John can all play 38-40+ minutes if needed). There was a week off, but they're the team that's more likely to run out of gas.

I almost mentioned this last night but decided to keep quiet. 

I'm guessing DRose likely starts at some point and the longer that we wait before this adjustment happens, the more helpful it is, because it allows for the Hawks to place Collins on Payton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I thought the rotations being used in game 1 by the Hawks were an interesting change. Felt as if it almost backfired, but it makes sense if you feel confident about your depth IMO to "attempt" this vs a Thibs team and adjust as necessary (Trae, Bogdan, and John can all play 38-40+ minutes if needed). There was a week off, but they're the team that's more likely to run out of gas.

I almost mentioned this last night but decided to keep quiet. 

I'm guessing DRose likely starts at some point and the longer that we wait before this adjustment happens, the more helpful it is, because it allows for the Hawks to place Collins on Payton.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the all bench lineups. I'd like to see at least 1 or 2 starters on the floor at all times. We can't play around with these guys especially with Thibs tendency to play guys nearly 48 minutes a game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Secondly..

If I were coaching the Knicks.... I would bring out Payton, FrenchFrank or Quickly to be a second guard to chase Trae.. I would put Burke or Barrett on Bogi... and Force Hunter to beat me. 

None of those guards are single handedly locking Trae up.

If they try to double Trae, Nate will start to run offense through Bogi and get the ball to Trae later in the shot clock.

• Like 3

I said this in the game thread but I feel like if we gave OO Gallo's minutes Hawks win by double digits. I mean we were turnstiles out there, open driving lanes for days. Knicks are too physical for Gallo to be effective, was looking frail out there.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, cam1218 said:

We won with Trae scoring and assisting early, and the same results late. We will still need the later results, but we need to have a plan to use Trae as a decoy in the first. 

I think Nate needs to be creative with his rotations to keep Trae feeling good and comfortable with his offense. Find ways to get him minutes when they aren’t double teaming him and trapping him (assuming they do) so he is fresh for the fourth.

I respectfully disagree.  An aggressive Trae Young from the start, has always paid good dividends for us this year.  His scoring scares opponents more than his passing.   His scoring is also an offensive stabilizer.  He should only be the decoy if they're purposely trying to take the ball out of his hands.

But with superstars, they even find ways to beat double teams.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

So anyone remember when Jason Kidd purposely ran into Woodson to draw a T when Woody stepped onto the court during a game?

Can we do the same to the Pinson guy who basically sprints down the baseline to celebrate every Knick made basket as if they just won the 7th game of the Super Bowl?

I mean, really.  If he spent half his celebration energy budget onto working on his game, maybe he could get some minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah ... all that.

Seriously, the Pinson guy erupts at the slightest thing.  It's comical. Don't believe me?  Here's him after the Knicks won(sic) the opening tip of a game in January.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470gif1xg637g9sikdwa

I'd love for our guy to pull a Jason Kidd and get us a free T.

On a serious note, I'm usually all for a guy having that much joy in life.  But the reality is 90% of the time he's screaming and cursing at the refs and opponents which takes away from it.

The real pressure - Must win game for NY - If they don't win, fans may riot against the Hawks.

Or, they may go off on the NY players.  Whatever.  This is NY's game that they must have.

😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the all bench lineups. I'd like to see at least 1 or 2 starters on the floor at all times. We can't play around with these guys especially with Thibs tendency to play guys nearly 48 minutes a game.

I wouldn't do the all bench lineups, but I was noting that I found it interesting that Trae didn't play the full 1st or 3rd quarter. 

I actually like that, but I was going to have him brought back sooner than he was.

• Like 1