• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is worse.. Nick Wright or Skip Bayless?

Diesel

"Losing with dignity" is a thing.  We saw, at the end of game 4, the Nix have no plans on doing that.

Hope the Hawks plan accordingly.

I'm in no way looking past this game but I will say if the outcome is clear at some point tonight, win or lose, I hope we pull the starters from the bench area.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Honestly, if I see Skip Bayless is featured in a YouTube video, I won't watch it. I just won't. Practically any self-respecting Cowboys fan like me long ago abandoned that guy as serving any useful purpose after he gave Jimmy Johnson reason to swear him off. And if I won't watch him that way, it goes w/o saying, I don't watch him on live TV.

Nick Wright? Don't know him. I'm sure I would if you showed me his picture. But any of these people who essentially have a voice because they've made a career out of saying enough sufficiently outrageous things... as-if that's somehow a "talent"... I've got no time for them.

SAS gets the same treatment ordinarily, except I've made an exception these last several days simply b/c I revel in Knick tears, and of course, he's an exceptional source of that.

The only talker show I will even occasionally watch is PTI... Kornheiser and Wilbon have earned the right to a higher regard for their thoughts... and way back when, I was an avid watcher of the Sunday am "Sports Reporters" on ESPN. That was some quality TV, actually, and set the standard.

• Like 4

stu is onto something.  😉 I started to seek out this Wright person's quotes, but stopped myself.  That's exactly what these no-talent barkers want.

IIUC, based on what I've heard others say, this guy has made a name for himself by saying Lebron sucks.  IOW, the Bayless model.

If your claim to fame is just saying enough dumb sh*t to get attention, sorry I can't be a part of that.  If you have some insight, cool, I'll give it a listen.

Sadly most popular media folks take the easy road by just saying stuff they probably don't even believe themselves.  Not sure why we, as a whole, don't just stop listening/clicking.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Honestly, if I see Skip Bayless is featured in a YouTube video, I won't watch it. I just won't. Practically any self-respecting Cowboys fan like me long ago abandoned that guy as serving any useful purpose after he gave Jimmy Johnson reason to swear him off. And if I won't watch him that way, it goes w/o saying, I don't watch him on live TV.

Nick Wright? Don't know him. I'm sure I would if you showed me his picture. But any of these people who essentially have a voice because they've made a career out of saying enough sufficiently outrageous things... as-if that's somehow a "talent"... I've got no time for them.

SAS gets the same treatment ordinarily, except I've made an exception these last several days simply b/c I revel in Knick tears, and of course, he's an exceptional source of that.

The only talker show I will even occasionally watch is PTI... Kornheiser and Wilbon have earned the right to a higher regard for their thoughts... and way back when, I was an avid watcher of the Sunday am "Sports Reporters" on ESPN. That was some quality TV, actually, and set the standard.

All this.  I just can't listen - they make my ears bleed.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Probably revealing our age but Sports Reporters may be my all-time favorite ESPN content.  I loved that show.  Really great, meaty discussions on all things sports.

Every Sunday like clockwork.  I would set up the tape.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

stu is onto something.  😉 I started to seek out this Wright person's quotes, but stopped myself.  That's exactly what these no-talent barkers want.

IIUC, based on what I've heard others say, this guy has made a name for himself by saying Lebron sucks.  IOW, the Bayless model.

If your claim to fame is just saying enough dumb sh*t to get attention, sorry I can't be a part of that.  If you have some insight, cool, I'll give it a listen.

Sadly most popular media folks take the easy road by just saying stuff they probably don't even believe themselves.  Not sure why we, as a whole, don't just stop listening/clicking.

Unfortunately, I was searching Hawks content and got "click baited' into watching his commentary. I accept the fact that loud, controversial opinions are the norm in sports journalism today, but he's a walking trash can for what he said. 

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that happens, that's when you insert Bruno into the game and tell him to "sweep the leg" on Derrick Rose.

And yes, I know how the movie ends.  But no happy ending for them, if they try to hurt Trae.

"Sweep the leg, Bruno ..... you gotta problem with that?"

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that happens, that's when you insert Bruno into the game and tell him to "sweep the leg" on Derrick Rose.

And yes, I know how the movie ends.  But no happy ending for them, if they try to hurt Trae.

I think theimage.png.48aabe657247aaf9267e9ff296d2979a.png will be more subtle.  Death by a thousand cuts!

• Like 1