• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could we sign Kawhi Leonard?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 7/4/2021 at 9:48 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

We have $8 million in capspace with guaranteed contracts including Dunn and Collins' $12 million caphold. SnT would be the option. IIRC a SnT for LAC hard caps them, i think.

Leonard eligible for a max starting at 35% of the cap - $39.2 million.

What is wrong with Kawhi's knee? Also heard he's not happy with the medical staff in LAC (sounds familiar like in San Antonio).

• Thanks 2

On 7/4/2021 at 9:30 AM, ShooterSays said:

Hmmm I remember Kawhi having a pretty good season that one time he came over to the East before...

Look at them now lol... Plus we already got him and renamed him DeAndre Hunter and made him more affordable. Look at DeAndre's rookie stats compared to Kawhi. He's actually progressing faster.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 7/4/2021 at 9:36 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Kawhi can help you win today, but he is also leaving teams in shambles .

SAS & Toronto both rebuilding after years of competing. LAC has virtually no draft picks because of Kawhi, if he leaves them they are screwed.

He comes with too much baggage. Only plays 60% of games, and then still gets hurt every year.

Its a steep price for a guy who wont be a vocal leader for your team.

Exactly. Kawhi isn't a leader or a team-first guy.  He would destroy our chemistry. We have pieces on this team that could make us great and we already have guys being compared to Butler, George, and Kawhi... We just need to continue developing what we have. Fans who rave about Kawhi do so for what he has done in the past, but do not see what is doing and how much tread is left on the tires. Trading our assets for Kawhi would set us back ten years.

The only stars I want to see us trade for is KAT, Embiid, or Mitchell and if the trade involved Cam or Hunter, it's a nooooo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

It would be a excellent move.  The Hawks need a second playmaker BAD and Leonard is the type of FIRST playmaker that wouldn't be upset with Trae being the number 1 guy.

I don’t think it would ever happen but let me assure you I’d be the first to get a Kawhi Hawks jersey. :banjo:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think it would ever happen but let me assure you I’d be the first to get a Kawhi Hawks jersey. :banjo:

If the Hawks REALLY want to compete for a championship,  they have to make a move now.  I haven't looked at what the Clippers need, but moving Collins and Bogi in a sign and trade on the surface looks enticing to get a Leonard.  I would dangle that SAME PACKAGE to make a move for Zach Levine and add a first round pick.  As much as I like Bogi, the playoffs showed that the Hawks need a PLAYMAKER to pair with Young.

• Thanks 1

Kawhi's likely out until after the all-star break.  And, even then, he's gonna play less and less as time goes on.  It's a nice name, bad move at this time.

And with Booker's emergence as a main piece on a winner, my stance against Lavine must soften.  However, I'm not to enamored with gutting our team for him.  He's a pending free agent too, isn't he?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

If the Hawks REALLY want to compete for a championship,  they have to make a move now.  I haven't looked at what the Clippers need, but moving Collins and Bogi in a sign and trade on the surface looks enticing to get a Leonard.  I would dangle that SAME PACKAGE to make a move for Zach Levine and add a first round pick.  As much as I like Bogi, the playoffs showed that the Hawks need a PLAYMAKER to pair with Young.

Did you miss that he had ACL surgery?

• Like 2

Just because he is quiet doesn't hide the fact that Kawhi is low-key toxic.

There is no guarantee he can strike lightning again like he did with Toronto. 

He is injured every year, and he load manages more than any superstar. He doesn't abide by team doctors advice. His teammates resent his special treatment. And for someone who spends so much time unavailable, he doesn't give much in the form of locker room or sideline leadership.

Hard pass for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

my stance against Lavine must soften. 

No it mustn’t. :indifferent: Inlike your overall criticality on this one. STAY MAN KG U STICK YOURS WE AINT ZONIN YET!

Sorry just got back from playing some round ball. 🏀 

• Like 1

No Kawhi. We don't need someone on our team taking load management. It might set the wrong example for our young group. We need minor maintenance players like JaVale McGhee and T.J. McConnell to add and maybe another 3D wing.

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kawhi's likely out until after the all-star break.  And, even then, he's gonna play less and less as time goes on.  It's a nice name, bad move at this time.

And with Booker's emergence as a main piece on a winner, my stance against Lavine must soften.  However, I'm not to enamored with gutting our team for him.  He's a pending free agent too, isn't he?

He's going to opt-out and resign, most likely. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

don't need his soft ass here.

Wait, Kawhi is soft? I wouldn’t say he’s soft by any means however he does take his time in returning from injury for the most part with the exception of last year when he went out when he should have sat. 

His injury management and time off the court might be soft but his play on the court is quite the opposite.

Give to get.  That's how it works.  If we sign him, you must give up part of the current team to come up with the $$$$ cash to meet the payroll.  Which players and how many do we lose?  Is he worth it?

I know.  Great teams sign great players.  That's how they become great.  Is he that elite that he's worth losing some of your starters?  Which one and how many?  Then, does he fit?  What would it do to the chem. of the team?  Will he make the Hawks much better?  Why or why not?

😜