• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Should have been a foul on Maxey on the Coop drive.  He hits the and 1 and thats game right now.   Coop got hit in the face refs missed that 1 big time.

They really haven't been calling fouls all game. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

They really haven't been calling fouls all game. 

yeah but a hit to the face should be a call everytime i can understand a ticky tack foul on the body.  But a straight on hit in the face on a slap down at the ball should be a guarantee no matter what in any game.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We got too many scrubs

Yeah...it's kind of interesting that literally no one has even mildly impressed except the three guys we expected. That said, it's summer league...every team is overwhelmingly dudes who will never be rotation players in the NBA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJ attitude this game was ass. 

Truth. I feel like I've seen a few red flags with his motor and seeming to make more of an effort to convince people that he cares than showing that he cares on the court.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, niremetal said:

Truth. I feel like I've seen a few red flags with his motor and seeming to make more of an effort to convince people that he cares than showing that he cares on the court.

2nd half he was barely touching the ball, and it seemed to affect his effort out there. He's got to correct that, because more likely than not, it'll be the same way during the regular season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

2nd half he was barely touching the ball, and it seemed to affect his effort out there. He's got to correct that, because more likely than not, it'll be the same way during the regular season.

It's doubly troubling because it was a similar lack of involvement that led him to totally give up on Duke. And it's going to be a LOT longer before he's going to have a big role on a decent NBA team than it would have been at Duke. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is scary because generally speaking, you will have games where you don't get a lot of touches.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, niremetal said:

It's doubly troubling because it was a similar lack of involvement that led him to totally give up on Duke. And it's going to be a LOT longer before he's going to have a big role on a decent NBA team than it would have been at Duke. 

NBA season is an absolute grind. He's going to have to embrace that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is scary because generally speaking, you will have games where you don't get a lot of touches.

I have to keep reminding myself that the average career of a #20 pick is a ~5 year career with a "peak" of being a subpar role player for a season or two. TS took a big swing with Jalen, knowing that it was a higher chance that he was drafting a potential star but also a much higher chance that he was drafting an absolute bunch. With our glut of young talent, I like that strategy. But if I had to lay my money at this point, it would definitely be on "bust."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, niremetal said:

I have to keep reminding myself that the average career of a #20 pick is a ~5 year career with a "peak" of being a subpar role player for a season or two. TS took a big swing with Jalen, knowing that it was a higher chance that he was drafting a potential star but also a much higher chance that he was drafting an absolute bunch. With our glut of young talent, I like that strategy. But if I had to lay my money at this point, it would definitely be on "bust."

Nah. Too early in this process to label anyone a bust. It's just one game, a summer league game at that, and it's an easily correctable thing that coaches can correct him on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2