2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Anyone see McBride’s booger hangin out his nose at halftime?… Couldn’t listen to anything he said I think he was praising Bob Huggins. 

image.gif.0bc279bae0df535c4f133bff6d7580e0.gif

“BOOGY BOOGY BOOGY…….Boog.”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Jaworski went out with a high note before he starts his internship at Charles Schwab.

He's basically a 2 guard in a skinny PG body who can't handle pressure on the ball. He sounds like your typical PG that just goes off in the G-League with no shot of making it to the NBA but eventually is good enough to be a EuroCup PG at some point in his career.

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

This was Cooper's worst game. He'll have a lot to look at from this game.  It'll be good for him.

Looks like he is sick though. 

This was the Knick's fans finals.  They are way too hyped about this game.  Their draft picks look solid though.  

"Shiiiii, why would I play dees rookies when I can feed mins to Taj Gibson?" - Thibs

3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Jaworski went out with a high note before he starts his internship at Charles Schwab.

Dude is totally an Edward Jones rep.  Have you secured your financial future yet, Ma$e?  Let's make an appointment to talk through that.

• Haha 4

• Moderators

Top Summer League Performances

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-summer-league-cam-thomas-prolific-scoring-leads-top-rookie-performances-230910496.html

Jalen Johnson and Sharife Cooper, Atlanta Hawks

Johnson and Cooper were considered two of the riskiest draft picks, but Atlanta might have hit the jackpot. Johnson played nearly every position, sometimes dropping down to the five in a small-ball situation and was even comfortable bringing the ball up in a grab-and-go transition. 

“Sharife trusts me, and it’s just a natural connection that we have,” Johnson told Yahoo Sports. “We’re both playmakers, so it makes it easier for that trust factor. He’s probably one of the best playmakers I’ve ever played with.” Johnson averaged 19 points and 9.5 rebounds in four games.

Cooper was the 48th pick in the draft. After his summer league performance, it's hard to imagine that many teams passing on him.

Cooper is undersized at 6-foot, but he is a phenomenal playmaker and passer. He led all players in assists, averaging an impressive nine per game. He shot the ball well from the outside, shooting nearly 40% from 3-point range, after shooting only 23% during his one season at Auburn. 

“I always felt like I could shoot, but in college, I had a bit of a narrative change,” Cooper told Yahoo Sports. “I’ve worked so hard and people don’t see the work I put in to get to this point. Whatever they tell me I can’t do, you better believe I’m working on it and being able to see the work come to fruition and pay off is a great feeling.” 

Cooper capped off his summer league performance averaging 17.7 points, including five 3-pointers (and the game-winner) in his second game against the Indiana Pacers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3