• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Exactly.  JJ and Cooper dominated compared to past rookies playing in summer league.  Both dropped way too far.  We got two first round talents and Jalen is a top 5-7 guy.  

For all the talent we have I’m still concerned about losing Gallo.  He is a shooter and can create for himself on offense.  

You worried a year too early. Gallo is staying. The issue is, when he's gone, who replaces him. That's where we need to be sure that's JJ

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am rooting for Mays badly but I understand his best place is being the 3rd banana to Coop and JJ in College Park. He doesn't standout as more than a 3rd stringer in the NBA. He has to develop as an off ball shooter to really have a position as a 2 in a rotation and his 1 skills just aren't strong enough at this stage. People aren't going to sign him on potential. They need to see him do it 

Yeah as you and @marco102said, no one's rooting against the guy.  I'm rooting for him, but I just see him as kinda replaceable.  Not really a standout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JJ is seen as a replacement for Gallo, but not right now.  JJ has some growing, maturing that he needs.  True, the Hawks may trade Gallo before the season even begins.  Other teams continue to ask about him.  When one comes up with that offer that Travis just can't resist, he's history.

Atlanta is past that time in their history when a young Hawk is thrown into the deep end of the pool and told, "swim or drown."  We don't expect that to happen to either of this year's drafted rookie.

Is there any great all stars out there?  Sure.  Available?  Maybe.  Offer one to Travis and see what happens!  Depends on what they want in return.  Atlanta isn't giving away half the team for one great player.  But, right now Atlanta has one of the deepest teams in the NBA.  If the price is right, we deal.  Otherwise, no.

We are not in the "have to" or "need to" make a deal.  We sit back.  The pressure is on the other teams.  If you want what we have, it's going to cost you.  Nothing here is free...

:sun:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah as you and @marco102said, no one's rooting against the guy.  I'm rooting for him, but I just see him as kinda replaceable.  Not really a standout.

If the Hawks were to trade Gallo, I believe it will be after the season, but before the new league year begins.  For a contract that expires this season.

I'm actually wondering if the Hawks trade him in the off season, can they resign in free agency.  There may be a three month limit after the trade situation.   Going to look into it. 

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Hawks were to trade Gallo, I believe it will be after the season, but before the new league year begins.  For a contract that expires this season.

I'm actually wondering if the Hawks trade him in the off season, can they resign in free agency.  There may be a three month limit after the trade situation.   Going to look into it. 

I was talking about Mays.

It seemed Gallo's contract was always set up to be traded after this year.  I love what he's brought to the team though and I don't think Johnson can replace what Gallo brings, certainly not as a rookie.  Not sure why people are on that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was talking about Mays.

It seemed Gallo's contract was always set up to be traded after this year.  I love what he's brought to the team though and I don't think Johnson can replace what Gallo brings, certainly not as a rookie.  Not sure why people are on that.

LOL actually quoted the wrong person.   :blush:

• Haha 1